PDA

View Full Version : Aero Gray theme for windows 7

Mr GRiM
February 6th, 2010, 06:47 PM

This is just a simple Aero theme that has all the white replaced with a light shade of gray that I made for one of the members on Seven Forums, just put the Aero Gray.msstyles in the Aero Folder and and the Aero gray.theme file in the theme folder, as always you will need to patch your system files using VistaGlazz or something similar to use custom themes.

Then choose the theme from your installed themes in the customization section.

dareckibmw
February 6th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Nice ! I'm gonna test it out.
I have a question thou;
I've been looking for some sources and can't find them... maybe You know where they are ?
- main window in explorer; those white stripes.
- in Preview Panel I changed the color of the background upper and lower part but seems like there is a middle section as well according to your screen shot above.

Thanks in advance

http://i46.tinypic.com/21lmpo8.jpg

Mr GRiM
February 6th, 2010, 08:10 PM
These are all the locations your looking for.

Explorer & Shell > Explorer > PreviewPane > <3>
Explorer & Shell > Explorer > PreviewPane > <4>

Explorer & Shell > Explorer > ReadingPane > Background > GradientColor1:Color
Explorer & Shell > Explorer > ReadingPane > Background > GradientColor2:Color
Explorer & Shell > Explorer > ReadingPane > Background > GradientColor3:Color

Toolbars, Headers and Rebar > Toolbars & Headers > Items View Header > <default>
Toolbars, Headers and Rebar > Toolbars & Headers > Items View Header > HeaderItem
Toolbars, Headers and Rebar > Toolbars & Headers > Items View Header > HeaderDropDown
Toolbars, Headers and Rebar > Toolbars & Headers > Items View Header > HeaderDropDownFilter

dareckibmw
February 6th, 2010, 09:19 PM
Thanks a lot Mr GRiM ...almost there, just can't find one last thing - that horizontal white stripe ...grrrr

Edit:
I got it ....it was Toolbars, Headers and Rebar > Toolbars & Headers > Items View Header > <default> ... (image) heheh

Thanks again :cool:

Cashis
February 6th, 2010, 10:49 PM
Thanks Mark very simple theme makes Aero a bit easier on the eyes. ;)

bgjerlow designs
February 7th, 2010, 12:50 AM
Looks good Mark, especially for the people who like the aero interface.... - Just in grey instead of white ;)

rayhvh
February 7th, 2010, 10:16 AM
i think its ugly.
but nice work (when making gray theme make it like linux?)

Mr GRiM
February 7th, 2010, 10:32 AM
i think its ugly.
but nice work (when making gray theme make it like linux?)

Yeah I'm not very keen on either but as Sergio said, some people still like the default Aero style but find it too bright, plus I only made this theme as a request and this was the shade of Gray he wanted to use.

undine
March 21st, 2010, 11:33 PM
Mr. Grim, THANK YOU for your Aero Gray theme. I have been looking for some way to color the bright white backgrounds in Win 7 for months. Would it be very troublesome for you to provide a copy of this with a little bit lighter shade of gray and also include the Start Menu background in the process? I may be asking too much. If so, I'll continue to use this theme and be glad I got it. I appreciate your time and work on what you have provided to others. Best wishes, Undine.

Mr GRiM
March 22nd, 2010, 11:43 PM
Sorry I'm a bit busy at the moment but I will consider making another version like this in the future.

Letícia®
December 25th, 2011, 12:59 PM
stayed very beautiful / / thanks for sharing:girl::loving:

darwin310
December 29th, 2011, 04:11 PM
excellent, for me is very ellegant theme, by green combination. :allgood: The hard is link down at this date. :crying: Would be wonderful if you activate it again, thank you. lol

crashuk2k1
January 4th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Link not working for me either ?
The bright whites of windows really hurt my eyes .This type of theme is the main reason for finding this awesome site.
so much easier on the eyes.

I would also be very grateful if it could be re uploaded:cheeky:

Mr GRiM
January 5th, 2012, 12:51 AM
Sorry guys, theme is uploaded again now :smile:

kosamja
August 15th, 2013, 09:51 PM
Nice theme

kosamja
August 15th, 2013, 09:53 PM
nice theme

kosamja
August 15th, 2013, 09:54 PM
nice very

darwin310
December 4th, 2013, 02:28 PM
It´s good theme, bud, thx :-D

IceBabee
December 6th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Very nice....simple....eye pleasing theme! Thank you for sharing :)

sadiq3210
August 12th, 2017, 07:41 AM
Great theme, Successfully applied. I took some time to find working vistaglazz . you better add link to that software. Also where to paste the two files that are in zip file.