PDA

View Full Version : has anyone ever seen this?

darkcold
February 22nd, 2010, 06:17 PM
As you can see from the screenshot i attached i am having 2 problems, one with rocketdock and the other with my start button. Does anyone know how to fix these minor but annoying problems?

opalo153
February 22nd, 2010, 08:27 PM
I dont see ur rocket dock problem, for the start orb, u didnt have the background of the 32 bit bmp as solid black, to have a start orb, the BG needs to be a solid color, preferably black

Mr GRiM
February 22nd, 2010, 09:30 PM
As you can see from the screenshot i attached i am having 2 problems, one with rocketdock and the other with my start button. Does anyone know how to fix these minor but annoying problems?

Yeah I don't see the problem with your Rockedock either but Start button problem looks similar to the problem I had when I started using Glass2K, looks like you might be using a similar program for your transparency.

opalo153
February 22nd, 2010, 10:06 PM
I think he means the fact that there are spaces in between, either the icon from where the directory weas pointed at from rocketdock was changed, or the fact that u unknowingly put in spacers.

Mr GRiM
February 22nd, 2010, 10:21 PM
I think he means the fact that there are spaces in between, either the icon from where the directory weas pointed at from rocketdock was changed, or the fact that u unknowingly put in spacers.

Yeah I thought that might have been it too but I didn't want to assume anything ;)

darkcold
February 22nd, 2010, 10:47 PM

Yeah I don't see the problem with your Rockedock either but Start button problem looks similar to the problem I had when I started using Glass2K, looks like you might be using a similar program for your transparency.

I do use Glass2K for my transparency, do you think turning it off may could solve my problem? and as for the Rocketdock my problem is that some of my icons are technically still there because they work but i can not see them. Sometimes when i turn my computer on i see all my icons and other times some are invisible and the ones which i can't see are not always the same.

opalo153- as far as the background color of the BMP it was never a problem until a few days ago, so i dont want to say you're wrong but it doesn't make much sense since i have had that as my picture for months and only recently did this problem occur

Mr GRiM
February 22nd, 2010, 10:59 PM

I do use Glass2K for my transparency, do you think turning it off may could solve my problem? and as for the Rocketdock my problem is that some of my icons are technically still there because they work but i can not see them. Sometimes when i turn my computer on i see all my icons and other times some are invisible and the ones which i can't see are not always the same.

opalo153- as far as the background color of the BMP it was never a problem until a few days ago, so i dont want to say you're wrong but it doesn't make much sense since i have had that as my picture for months and only recently did this problem occur

Yeah I would suggest turning off Glass2K and see if you still have the problem, you will need to kill explorer and restart it after you close Glass2K for the button to go back to normal, it's strange for me though because it will be fine most of the time and then all of sudden it's back, it's been good for a few days now though and I think I may have changed some of the transparency setting on Glass2K since then so that may be why.

Another strange thing is that I don't get the windows logo on mine when it happens it just says start with a rectangular button, it also stays at the bottom even if I move the taskbar to the top.

I'm not sure what is going on with your Rocketdock though, maybe try using some custom icons for those programs and see if they stick.

darkcold
February 22nd, 2010, 11:11 PM
[quote=darkcold]As you can see from the screenshot i attached i am having 2 problems, one with rocketdock and the other with my start button. Does anyone know how to fix these minor but annoying problems?

Yeah I would suggest turning off Glass2K and see if you still have the problem, you will need to kill explorer and restart it after you close Glass2K for the button to go back to normal, it's strange for me though because it will be fine most of the time and then all of sudden it's back, it's been good for a few days now though and I think I may have changed some of the transparency setting on Glass2K since then so that may be why.

Another strange thing is that I don't get the windows logo on mine when it happens it just says start with a rectangular button, it also stays at the bottom even if I move the taskbar to the top.

I'm not sure what is going on with your Rocketdock though, maybe try using some custom icons for those programs and see if they stick.[/quote:396ofezv]

turning off glass2k does solve the problem and just to check when i tried moving my taskbar to the top like yours the square stayed at the bottom. what settings did you adjust to solve the problem?

opalo153
February 22nd, 2010, 11:17 PM
sry bout that darkcold, and the rocketdock problem sometimes happens to me after a while, and the icons dissapear on my system tray, This always happens when my 2GB of Ram is maxed out, another problem may be that rocketdock forgets to load them, or that it sometimes forgets the directory, and tries to find it, one solution would be to change all of ur icons to the default icon folder

Mr GRiM
February 22nd, 2010, 11:22 PM
Sorry I don't remember what setting it was that fixed it, or even if it has been fixed or if I have just been lucky for the last few days.

darkcold
February 23rd, 2010, 12:31 AM
do you know of any glass2k alternatives?

opalo153
February 23rd, 2010, 01:34 AM
Umm theres one in the software section by Prisoner...

darkcold
February 23rd, 2010, 01:57 AM
Umm theres one in the software section by Prisoner...

Thanks that looks great but the download link is broken