PDA

View Full Version : Moding the start menu

Big V
July 16th, 2010, 03:13 PM
I have seen a few themes with a images under the left panel of the start menu and want to know how this was done with the glass effect

Big V
July 17th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Is it possible to add a glass effect and add a transparent image under this panel and what size would it need to be?http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/6834/screenshot.jpg I would love to figured out how to add a vargas type pinup girl in this section to go along with babe wallpaper and photo screensaver i use

nofx1994
July 17th, 2010, 04:44 PM
there is you will need windows style builder and an art program either photoshop or paint. net to mod this section then you will need to open wsb up and go into startmenu<panels<aero<programlist/programlistextended and edit this piece. then save it to desktop go to import and bring you new piece in and test it to make sure it looks right and after that save it

Big V
July 17th, 2010, 05:13 PM
Thank you nofx1994 your always a wealth of knowledge and talent!!! Your becoming my new best friend :roflmao:

Big V
July 17th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Is windows style builder the same as vista style builder?

wassamatteru
July 18th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Is windows style builder the same as vista style builder?

Yes ... and then again ... no. WSB usually means the latest update of what was VSB which has additional/amended items specific to Windows 7.

Species A.I.
January 21st, 2011, 02:07 PM
Can you use VSB to work on win 7 themes? i.e. Background image in the start menu, any info would be helpful, Thanks guys :cheeky: