PDA

View Full Version : Delete your rescache in Windows 7 so it easier to apply mods

razorsedge
July 30th, 2010, 01:39 PM
For most of you out there you are constantly changing the look of your operating system.

On occasion you will find as you do some edits even after reboot the edits don't show up.

To fix this problem go to your windows folder on c drive then to the Rescache folder inside you will find a couple of folders

rc0000 and rc0001 along with Rescache.mni

Delete the rc0000 and rc0001 folders you will have to take ownership of them first

once deleted you will no longer get the issue of mods you make not showing up after reboot :)

Letícia®
June 2nd, 2012, 02:07 PM
For most of you out there you are constantly changing the look of your operating system.

On occasion you will find as you do some edits even after reboot the edits don't show up.

To fix this problem go to your windows folder on c drive then to the Rescache folder inside you will find a couple of folders

rc0000 and rc0001 along with Rescache.mni

Delete the rc0000 and rc0001 folders you will have to take ownership of them first

once deleted you will no longer get the issue of mods you make not showing up after reboot :)

"razorsedge," you say to delete the rc0000 and rc0001.... but here is not with these numbers, take a look and tell me what should I do

Big V
June 2nd, 2012, 03:13 PM
My best advice leticia if you are in doubt would be to copy those 2 folders and save them some where on your system like your documents then delete them from the directory that they are in now that way you have a backup of them if something goes wrong and will only have to paste them back in place for a restore
But to me it appears they have already been overwrote once because of file numbering on them
I really don't think the numbering matters that much.

Letícia®
June 2nd, 2012, 03:53 PM
My best advice leticia if you are in doubt would be to copy those 2 folders and .mni file and save them some where on your system like your documents then delete them from the directory that they are in now that way you have a backup of them if something goes wrong and will only have to paste them back in place for a restore
But to me it appears they have already been overwrote once because of file numbering on them
I really don't think the numbering matters that much.

ok, but I have to only delete the two folders / / because "razorsedge", not says to delete the file "ResCache.mni".... this are right?

Big V
June 2nd, 2012, 03:56 PM
No do not delete the rechache.mni I'm sorry if i mislead you in the above post my bad

Letícia®
June 2nd, 2012, 04:01 PM
ok, thanks for the explanation and for the help:tu:

Harvey Sewdin
June 2nd, 2012, 04:06 PM
The rescache folder contains a cache of things in the OS. If you do not delete these files the pics of the mods will not show up upon reboot. Its safe to delete everything inside the folder, i did that already. But if you want to be safe, keep a copy of them.

razorsedge
June 2nd, 2012, 08:57 PM
To clear this up yes it does not matter what numbers are at the end of the folders thats what you need to delete cause thats where all the cached files are in your operating system.

the mni file I did not say to delete it as it does not really matter if you keep it or delete it you can delete that if you like it would not make a difference either way if it's in there or not :)