PDA

View Full Version : Genuine Windows 7 Became Pirated? Make It Original and Activ

razorsedge
November 5th, 2010, 02:11 AM
Genuine Windows 7 Became Pirated? Make It Original and Activated Again

Its a common problem which lots of Windows 7 users face. We have received many emails about this problem, so today we are sharing a working solution for it. In fact many Windows 7 SP1 RC users are also facing this problem.

Problem Symptom:

You were using genuine Windows 7 without any problem. It was activated properly. But one day when you logged into Windows, you received following message:

Windows is not genuine
Your computer might not be running a counterfeit copy of Windows.

[attachment=2:1ceiqodw]This_Copy_of_Windows_is_not_Genuine.png[/attachment:1ceiqodw]

Along with the above mentioned message, you also noticed that the desktop background became black and following error message was shown on the bottom right corner of the screen:

This copy of Windows is not genuine.

Also when you checked System Properties, you got following error message:

You must activate today. Activate Windows now.

Problem Cause:

Actually this problem occurs when there is a lack of permissions on a registry key "HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-20". By default, System, Network Service and Administrator accounts have "Full Control" and "Read" permissions on this registry key. But sometimes "Network Service" doesn't have proper permissions on this registry key and you face this problem. This may be the result of applying a Plug and Play Group Policy object (GPO). The Licensing service uses Plug and Play to obtain your system hardware ID information and binds the license to the computer. By default, it doesn't have proper permissions to access Plug and Play service.

Problem Solution:

There are 2 solutions actually. You can try them one by one:

METHOD 1: Using RSOP

1. Type rsop.msc in RUN or Startmenu search box and press Enter. It'll open RSOP (Resultant Set Of Policy) window.

2. Now go to:

Computer Configuration/Windows Settings/Security Settings/System Services

3. In right-side pane, check "Startup" type of "Plug and Play" service. It should be set to "Not Defined". If its not, double-click on it and set its Startup type to "Automatic".

[attachment=1:1ceiqodw]Resultant_Set_Of_Policy.png[/attachment:1ceiqodw]

4. Now provide following command in RUN or Command Prompt:

gpupdate /force

5. That's it. Restart your system and your problem should be fixed.

METHOD 2: Using Registry Editor

1. Type regedit in RUN or Startmenu search box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.

2. Now go to following key:

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-20

3. Right-click on "S-1-5-20" key and select "Permissions...". It'll open a new window.

4. Select "NETWORK SERVICE" in user list and check "Allow" box given for "Full Control" permission. Click on OK button to apply the changes.

[attachment=0:1ceiqodw]Permissions_S-1-5-20_Registry_Key.png[/attachment:1ceiqodw]

NOTE: If "NETWORK SERVICE" is not present in user list, click on "Add" button. Now type Network Service in "Enter the object names to select type" and click on "Check Names" button. It'll detect and confirm the username. Click on OK button.

5. That's it. Restart your system and your problem should be fixed.

dafmat71
November 5th, 2010, 04:36 PM
In fact: why install genuine?? You know if your windows is pirate or not, and in fact we dont care about!! ;)
But ok for people who really want it, its good methods you gave!! ;)

Mr GRiM
November 5th, 2010, 04:52 PM
I care, I had a Technet account though so I have many genuine keys for everything, it would certainly annoy me though if I paid full price for Win 7 and was told it wasn't genuine.

dafmat71
November 5th, 2010, 06:08 PM
I care, I had a Technet account though so I have many genuine keys for everything, it would certainly annoy me though if I paid full price for Win 7 and was told it wasn't genuine.
Yep i agree, but its not an obligation to instal genuine! ;)

razorsedge
November 6th, 2010, 05:03 AM
In fact: why install genuine?? You know if your windows is pirate or not, and in fact we dont care about!! ;)

Myabe you don't care but a lot of us do if u wanna use a pirated version thats fine no one is saying you have to be genuine but for those of us that are and have had this happen why should we install a patch to make us genuine when we have paid to be so this fix is needed in some cases. But to be genuine for real instead of having a cracked copy takes a lot less of the worry out of using ur os when those patches u have go down or actually go in a make mods to ur bios which I would not want to do have some app mess with my hardware, u have to messs around reinstalling or trying to find a new one that works is a pain I will take my genuine os over a pirated version any day :)

dafmat71
November 6th, 2010, 02:00 PM
[quote="dafmat71 ยป Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:36 pm (http://virtualcustoms.net/viewtopic.php?p=24201#p24201)":6wmiqzq6]In fact: why install genuine?? You know if your windows is pirate or not, and in fact we dont care about!! ;)

Myabe you don't care but a lot of us do if u wanna use a pirated version thats fine no one is saying you have to be genuine but for those of us that are and have had this happen why should we install a patch to make us genuine when we have paid to be so this fix is needed in some cases. But to be genuine for real instead of having a cracked copy takes a lot less of the worry out of using ur os when those patches u have go down or actually go in a make mods to ur bios which I would not want to do have some app mess with my hardware, u have to messs around reinstalling or trying to find a new one that works is a pain I will take my genuine os over a pirated version any day :)[/quote:6wmiqzq6]
yep but normaly you know if your windows is honnest or not, you know where you buy it!!!
And i said that cause, like we saw, genuine is not ok for the moment, so why put it! Thats my opinion! ;)

cheyenne
November 7th, 2010, 07:20 PM
As much as I appreciate the the win7 you guys create and some really are genius and the different types of cracks that are put together are also genius but if I could afford a genuine win7 x64 I would buy 1 tomorrow to simply take the worry away i have every time i turn on, update or re-boot, so if i had went out and bought a legit copy then it failed and came back not genuine i would be extremely pissed!!

Good post razor