PDA

View Full Version : Theme problem help before I break this PC

Emir_rebo
June 2nd, 2011, 06:18 AM
i patched the 3 files i took ownership of windows i did the fix for the theme installer

this is garbage

your themes like halfway install ive used them befor and did not have this problem

im not an idiot

this problem probably cannot be fixed with explaining the issue but we will try...

so either IM A BLAZING Freaking RETARD or this computer is GARBAGE.... its hard for me to believe either

your themes change shit but it wont do the shell.dll explorer or start orb

if i use that program to change your start orb i can change it

so

what the deal here ?

i have teamviewer.... someone fix this for me as i am stressed out with it and feel like punching this notebook screen and smashing this pc

I PATCHED EVERYTHING AND STILL HAVE GARBAGE GOING ON WTF

bgjerlow designs
June 2nd, 2011, 10:21 AM
If you follow this tutorial step by step you should have no problems: [/URL][url]http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/27909-How-to-Apply-Custom-Themes-in-Windows-7 (http://virtualcustoms.net/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=707)
Remember to apply the theme in the personalization menu after installing.

Shell32.dll and all dll files have nothing to do with 3rd party themes other that many includes them with their themes. The process replacing them is completely different. When you want to replace a system file, make sure of these following things:

* That the system file is for your OS
* That the system file's version number fits the current system file you're using (Right click - Properties - Details - File Version)
* That the system file matches your system type (x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit))

When this is done you can move on to replacing them, but DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. I, nor any theme creators, will take responsibility for any problems there might become if you do this wrong. You will need to first take ownership (see: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows- ... -in-vista/ (http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/add-take-ownership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/)) over the system file you want to replace. Then rename it from for example shell32.dll to shell32.dll.old. Now you put in the new system file. With most system files replacements you will have to restart for it to take effect.

If you're on 64-bit, here is a guide to what system files you should replace:
explorerframe.dll - C:\Windows\System32
shell32.dll - C:\Windows\System32
explorer.exe - C:\Windows
timedate.cpl - C:\Windows\System32

The files you will need to replace are the exact same ones on 32-bit, in the same locations. Be aware that this is different for some system files though (in x64), but not for the ones mentioned above.
Editing the timedate.cpl is a bit more tricky though, here you have to manually take ownership as you cannot use the shortcut in the right click menu for it. Search google, there should be a tutorial on how to take ownership manually ;)

and 1 more thing before modding any files rememeber to create a system restore point.

Hope this helps

Emir_rebo
June 2nd, 2011, 10:29 AM
everything in that wall of text you supplied me with is stuff i obviously already read i gave you the same steps in lame terms..... i know c++ and c# something is wrong... only someone who understands or makes themes would know..... thanks but i guess ill have the admin help me...

bgjerlow designs
June 2nd, 2011, 10:52 AM
everything in that wall of text you supplied me with is stuff i obviously already read i gave you the same steps in lame terms..... i know c++ and c# something is wrong... only someone who understands or makes themes would know..... thanks but i guess ill have the admin help me...
It would actually help a lot if you specified WHAT EXACTLY your problem is. Also, I've been making themes for over 2 years and also written multiple tutorials related to theming, so I'm pretty sure I know everything there is to know about it ;)
We are here to help you. But if you're going to give us an attitude for trying to help you, then i doubt anyone wants to help you. So just calm down and explain what EXACTLY the problem is. It's not my loss if you smash your notebook, it's yours.

_Deano_
June 2nd, 2011, 11:12 AM
what theme halfway installed for you , what garbage do you still have going on , want to show us a screen shot in jpg format

Emir_rebo
June 3rd, 2011, 01:21 AM
http://i54.tinypic.com/v60iud.jpg

not getting shell images its not changing the start button because it was ugly i changed it with the start orb changer

im also not getting explorer buttons

does anyone have teamviewer?

i install the theme changer pack ran the update registry edit for it

pacthed the other 3 registry files

took control added that as well took control of windows files

its time for teamviewer

bgjerlow designs
June 3rd, 2011, 06:46 AM
http://i54.tinypic.com/v60iud.jpg

not getting shell images its not changing the start button because it was ugly i changed it with the start orb changer

im also not getting explorer buttons

does anyone have teamviewer?

i install the theme changer pack ran the update registry edit for it

pacthed the other 3 registry files

took control added that as well took control of windows files

its time for teamviewer
Have you applied any custom system files manually? and by "the theme changer" pack do you mean the theme resource changer? Because not all visual styles uses that software. Most have you replace your actual system files instead.

_Deano_
June 3rd, 2011, 08:42 AM
that the cyborg theme , i have just applied it by droppin the theme files in c:/windows/resources/themes , folder and didnt need to use theme changer

Emir_rebo
June 3rd, 2011, 09:46 AM
well that not working over here...

Mr GRiM
June 3rd, 2011, 09:49 AM
"Theme Resource Changer" needs to have the correct images in the correct places to work, have a look in the theme's folder, look for 3 folders named shell32.dll, xeplorer.exe and explorerframe.dll, in those folders there should be the images needed in png format, if the images are there in the theme's folder and you have installed "Theme Resource Changer" then when you apply the theme in the personalization menu it will change the start button, navigation buttons and Control Panel panes.

As a test please download and install my Zero-G theme, the installer I made for that theme will install "Theme Resource Changer" and it will put all the bits of the theme in the right places, it will even apply the theme after it's installed and it should result in making all the changes as I have mentioned.

razorsedge
June 3rd, 2011, 12:52 PM
Hi Emir_rebo

Ok I am the creator of that theme, all you need to have installed is theme resource changer which is here http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/30902-Theme-Resource-Changer-no-more-dll-editing.. the theme is already setup to be used with that so the start orb, shell32 nav pane image and explorerframe buttons will change when you apply the theme.

I have expressed this to ppl in the past regurding having used apps such as start orb changer explorer button changer and so forth previously you need to use those apps to change them back to your default windows start orb buttons and so forth theme resource changer does not edit you dll's it changes the images from memory and those images are all ready setup inside the theme folder inside their correct folders so when u apply the theme they will automatically change do not move them from where they are in the downloaded pack already.

Once you have changed your orbs and so forth back to the default ones you will then be able to apply the theme and the images will show your problem is since you have used other apps such as start orb changer they have now locked your dlls to the application and that is why your items are not changing this is the difference between theme resource changer and the others there is no locking of the dll's to it just having items applied by memory, those other apps when you use them they will conflict with each other and this is the reason the images will not change for you.