PDA

View Full Version : Help about HUD Premium Windows 7 Theme

giveup
October 20th, 2011, 02:06 PM
I had installed 7tsp icons extras for this theme and apply the theme but some Theme Resource are not be changed.Start Button, Explorer navigation buttons and Control Panel Navigation panes.

ps:I used it to my GF's notbook,everything is OK!(We both used win7 32bit,the only difference is I used IE9.0)

Help please!:)

HaCkthEplAneT
October 20th, 2011, 02:59 PM
in the past have you used any 3rd party programs such as start orb changer or file replacer? If you have this can cause some issues with locking dll's. what i recommend is, to run an sfc /scannow. (can be done through 7tsp or the cmd line) This will restore all files back to windows default. After the restore repatch your system to enable the use of 3rd party themes and reinstall HUD.

Mr GRiM
October 20th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Check your DPI settings make sure they are at 100% and check your folder options to make sure folders don't open in a separate process

giveup
October 21st, 2011, 01:33 AM
in the past have you used any 3rd party programs such as start orb changer or file replacer? If you have this can cause some issues with locking dll's. what i recommend is, to run an sfc /scannow. (can be done through 7tsp or the cmd line) This will restore all files back to windows default. After the restore repatch your system to enable the use of 3rd party themes and reinstall HUD.

I only used start orb but my notebook used too.I found only the images in folder's (explorer.exe'*.png' explorerframe.dll'*.png' Shell32.dll'*.png') include the HUD theme folder not be changed.:">

giveup
October 21st, 2011, 01:35 AM
Check your DPI settings make sure they are at 100% and check your folder options to make sure folders don't open in a separate process
I had checked them,no problem.

gor17981
October 21st, 2011, 05:33 AM
Did you check that Theme Resource Changer installed correctly?

giveup
October 22nd, 2011, 05:24 AM
Maybe not.When I install Theme Resource Changer I only see the screen have a quickly flash and jump out of the temp folder in the c:\windows .I don't why!

gor17981
October 22nd, 2011, 06:26 AM
Check in your programs files folder and see if it has a Theme Resource Changer folder, and inside that there should be a dll file, if you running 64bit system you can check in Programs(86),

giveup
October 22nd, 2011, 08:51 AM
Thank you!!I figure it out.I can't install the Theme resource changer correctly because my computer's username include some weird Characters.

giveup
October 22nd, 2011, 09:09 AM
By the way,who can make a update for theme resource changer?There is a bug about Themeresourcechanger's installer,when windows username include some character (chinese,japanese,korean Character and so on) it will be crashed.

gor17981
October 22nd, 2011, 09:11 AM
Create another user profile, use that profile to install Theme resource Changer then just delete that user account, should be good to go from there bud :Smile:

Destroyer
May 23rd, 2014, 11:47 AM
Thanks to this old conversation about DPI, my themes now provide me 100% visual pleasure! Thanks Grim!

Nasrul Haq Bin Husain
May 23rd, 2014, 04:04 PM
Mr. Grim, i found this error when i try HUD premium themes, message error, windows can't find c:\windows\Resources\Themes\HUD Basic Themes. Make sure you write it correctly and try to instal it again. help me fix it please.....,