PDA

View Full Version : HUD Evolution

Pages : [1] 2

Mr GRiM
February 24th, 2012, 08:17 PM
HUD Evolution
Windows 7 Premium Theme

The HUD Evolution is here and it's time to come full circle, going back to the roots of where it all started, this is the evolved HUD style from the poplar HUD Launch and it's now going back to it's roots in the original color but with some drastic changes to the look and feel, The HUD icons have also evolved and a new complete set is also available for free as well as many other great extras from the VC Team and members.

Every effort was made to make sure every part of this theme is fully usable and has been extensively tested to make sure you are getting the best product possible.

If you are not satisfied or find a problem that needs fixing please let me know and I will do my best to fix your problem.

The theme comes in 2 parts, you can purchase just the theme from the VC Shop, which comes with an easy to use installer that also includes a new logon screen and Theme Resource Changer to change the Start Button, Explorer navigation buttons and Control Panel Navigation panes.

The second part of the theme is posted here for free download and will require 7tsp to install, the second part of the theme includes all the icons, windows media player skin, Task Manager mod and many other changes.

The HUD Evolution theme extras can be installed or uninstalled using 7tsp found here (http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/28733-Tool-Se7en-Theme-Source-patcher-v0.3-Build-3003?p=164065&viewfull=1#post164065)

For a Tutorial on how to use 7tsp have a look here (http://www.xptsp.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=80)

Features:

There are 4 styles to chose from, 2 for the bottom details pane position (default) and 2 for the top details pane position, there is an aero and a basic style for both, The basic styles are also fully skinned and worth taking a look at and some people may even prefer it.

:bulletred: HUD Evolution Theme
:bulletred: HUD Evolution Icons
:bulletred: Wallpaper (Thanks to Submicron)
:bulletred: System Clock
:bulletred: Shell32 Control panel images
:bulletred: Evolution Cursors
:bulletred: HUD Sound Scheme
:bulletred: System Properties Logo
:bulletred: Getting Started top Pane
:bulletred: Games Menu Preview Pane
:bulletred: New WEI index images with square borders
:bulletred: wmploc (Windows Media Player) Skin/Mod
:bulletred: New Fonts Eurostile, Unsteady Oversteer and Vibrocentric
:bulletred: Theme Resource Changer
:bulletred: And much more!!

I would also like to add a big thanks to submicron (http://submicron.deviantart.com/) for his permission to include his great wallpaper Injected Lapis (http://submicron.deviantart.com/art/Injected-Lapis-162343801?q=gallery%3Asubmicron%2F8418615&qo=97)http://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/150/i/2010/119/7/0/Injected_Lapis_by_submicron.jpg (http://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/150/i/2010/119/7/0/Injected_Lapis_by_submicron.jpg)

This theme is available for purchase only in our VC Shop for a price of only $3.95 US (http://virtualcustoms.net/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=17)

Download FREE 7tsp icons and extras

(Please ensure you have restored all your system files before installing the new one and although 7tsp does create a restore point it's still probably best to manually create one yourself beforehand.)

When using the 7tsp installer with the theme extras it will not replace any system files, it will only add the modifications to your existing files and at the same time make backups of your files, so if you do have some mods already it should not effect those, unless one of the mods you have is one of the things listed above.

Theme Installs and the Theme Pack Extras were tested on my x86 VM and my main x64 Windows 7 Ultimate machine and both installed without any problems.

Additional Theme Extras

AIMP 3 Skin By Gor

http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/38039-AIMP-HUD-FINAL-%28recolor-proof%29

WINRAR Skin By Gor

http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/37847-HUD-Evolution-Winrar-Theme?p=216605#post216605

MUI Side Images By Gor

http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/38040-HUD-Evolution-Mui-Side-images?p=217686#post217686

Amazing Digital circuits Logonscreen Designfjotten-Edition by designfjotten

http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=52695&d=1330551210 (http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=52695&d=1330551210)

http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/37972-Digital-circuits-Logonscreen-Designfjotten-Edition

Alternative Nav Buttons

Desktop Gadgets by Pats

http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=52566&stc=1&d=1330277708 (http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=52566&stc=1&d=1330277708)

http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/37888-HUD-Evolution-Gadgets

HUD Evolution V1 Tab Dock thanks to Twizzz

http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=52922&d=1330976334

http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/38085-HUD-Evolution-V1-Tab-Dock

To change nave buttons navigate to C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\HUD Evolution and replace the explorer.exe folder with the one attatched

Important! YOU MUST DO THIS FIRST!

You must enable the use of custom themes by patching your system with Universal Theme Patcher
Universal Theme Patcher (http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/27909-How-to-Apply-Custom-Themes-in-Windows-7)

If you install the 7tsp theme extras and find you have lost your sound or if you are using a Creative Sound Card you will need to use Restore on 7tsp and then remove the pack from 7tsp, then open the 7-zip archive and in the resource folder you will see shell32.dll.res, you need to delete that file and then repack the theme pack using 7-Zip again, then load it into 7tsp again and reinstall it.

For some reason Creative sound cards do not like any changes to the shell32.dll and there is no way to get around that, the only thing that you will miss out on will be a few icons and the copy delete animation mod, nothing major and you will still have a great experience without them.

Important Update!

The installers for the Evolution theme are now fixed and will now install Theme Resource Changer, if you have problems with the start buttons and navigation buttons not showing then please download the theme again from the shop.

To download the theme again from the shop go to My Account at the top of the page, then select VIEW on the previous orders section then click on the download link.

Sorry for the inconvenience, this was my fault for not fully testing my installers after I altered some of the code

serschik
February 24th, 2012, 08:28 PM
fantastic theme Mark,thank you :loving:

zadar023
February 24th, 2012, 08:29 PM
again excellent work Mr.Grim...+10

Oshea
February 24th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Un-f**king-believable MrGrim...Beautiful!!!...
Thank you very much, man...

breakdown234
February 24th, 2012, 08:41 PM
now all we need is a red version of this and well be in hud heaven :shocked:

p.s: yes i like red so what ! :cheeky:

faizalotai
February 24th, 2012, 08:42 PM
Woo..Mark,one after another...this is sick man..another masterpiece..:no1:

Mr GRiM
February 24th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Thanks guys will get all the extras rolling out soon and get the mirror links up for the extras, just taking a while with my crap 800Kbps upload speed :cheeky:

Stchurdak
February 24th, 2012, 08:59 PM
This looks amazing,going to buy soon! :D Anyway, if i bought the original HUD and this one, would i be able to swap the new taskbar with the old one? I just really liked the blurred glass look on the old one

Mr GRiM
February 24th, 2012, 09:07 PM
You can if you have Windows Style Builder, just make a style hack from the old one and use it on the new one, the new one also has a transparent middle section just you can not see it using the wallpaper in my screen.

djparis1977
February 24th, 2012, 09:15 PM
Thanks just bought it ....when i seen HUD launch I was really hoping it would come in blue.......Mr. Grim you are a master theme builder. Awesome job!!!!!!

bigcyco1
February 24th, 2012, 09:18 PM
This looks amazing,going to buy soon! :D Anyway, if i bought the original HUD and this one, would i be able to swap the new taskbar with the old one? I just really liked the blurred glass look on the old one@Stchurdak if you like when you buy them p.m. me and i will do it for you if you don't know how or don't have wsb :Smile: anyway, moving on...looks amazing Mark outstanding work when it comes to building vs you are quite the beast to say the least:laughing::no1:

Ariess Ibrahim
February 24th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Wow! :shocked:The new themes again from HUD. It's look too awesome Mr.Grim. Beautiful!! :peace:

cwhitney24
February 24th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Thanks! I just literally bought the original HUD last week and now this?? Awesome! I am buying this one as well man. Great work!!!!

My colors have always been Black and Yellow (HUGE Steelers fan, in fact i have a killer Steelers tattoo) but your themes have made me really love the blue on my computer.

8pecxstudios
February 24th, 2012, 10:14 PM
Wow Mr Grim

Your Theme Totally Freakin Rock That's One Mighty Looking Theme Excellent Work Bud:money:

Mr GRiM
February 24th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Sorry guys but if you downloaded the theme from the shop already could you please download it again if you are having problems with the x64 installer, before you run the installer again please clean your temp folder first by running Ccleaner or opening %temp% and delete all files and folders that are not in use, or the installer will have problems.

cybacreep
February 24th, 2012, 11:21 PM
another masterpiece thanks :happy:

Letícia®
February 24th, 2012, 11:28 PM
work indisputably theme formidable:loving::girl::burns:

Stchurdak
February 24th, 2012, 11:47 PM
You can if you have Windows Style Builder, just make a style hack from the old one and use it on the new one, the new one also has a transparent middle section just you can not see it using the wallpaper in my screen.
Thx, i could not tell whether it was clear or not, guess i will just buy the one then :D

cwhitney24
February 24th, 2012, 11:49 PM
Sorry guys but if you downloaded the theme from the shop already could you please download it again if you are having problems with the x64 installer, before you run the installer again please clean your temp folder first by running Ccleaner or opening %temp% and delete all files and folders that are not in use, or the installer will have problems.

Thanks for posting that!

After I cleared the folder all is well. Awesome work man! Looks great!

skull1959
February 25th, 2012, 12:00 AM
Don't know what to say mark just this series just get's better and better thankyou again bud.

fibonacci94
February 25th, 2012, 12:59 AM
Undisputed :peace:

NAHOM
February 25th, 2012, 01:34 AM
Mark you made me run to the store again Thanks bud :daman:

Virtu
February 25th, 2012, 01:38 AM
Hey man if this one is so mind blowing, I can't even begin to imagine how awesome a red one would look. :loving:

energetika
February 25th, 2012, 04:23 AM
excellent. Thanks...:Peace:

gor17981
February 25th, 2012, 07:17 AM
This theme is a beast bud, great to see how HUD has evolved since the first one :Smile:

designfjotten
February 25th, 2012, 07:28 AM
sweet theme Mark :D another awsome one :D keep it up broh :)

creator
February 25th, 2012, 08:30 AM
greatwork maestro :givahand:looks beautyfull

Hellcat
February 25th, 2012, 09:29 AM
:flirt: awesome theme, very I like colors, master work, thank you Mark :loving: :tu:

Big V
February 25th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Great work Mark this is really a stunning piece of art as all your themes are!!!!! You are truly a master theme builder :no1::burns:

February 25th, 2012, 11:59 AM
one more great theme 2012, it's really stunning theme.. :no1:

SevenVirtues
February 25th, 2012, 12:59 PM
I can't decide which to buy, apart from the slightly darker blue what is the difference between this and the old one?

mauam
February 25th, 2012, 01:43 PM
WOW:givahand:

gr4f1xJuNki3
February 25th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Where's the red version Grim! That's all I need to know.

+1 on a description of the various differences plz...

Danice
February 25th, 2012, 06:12 PM
What the! Very very awesome shot Mr Grim! :)

pats
February 25th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Very nice Mr Grim , Clean & Professional .... as usual !!!

Another must Have ! A+

:smile:

Mr GRiM
February 25th, 2012, 08:13 PM
I can't decide which to buy, apart from the slightly darker blue what is the difference between this and the old one?

Well aside from the darker blue the start menu is a completely changed design as well as the taskbar and explorer frames, pretty much everything has been tweaked or changed compared to the original.

@ gr4f1xJuNki3 I am not sure how long for another red one, I sort of wanted to make a few colours that others have been waiting for for a while now, like green and purple lol

jkd
February 25th, 2012, 09:55 PM
I won't be purchasing this one; waiting for the red version, hope you release that soon. The theme is wicked for blue lovers, awesome work mark.

mkpcxxl
February 25th, 2012, 10:31 PM
Hi Mr.GRIM,

bought the theme this morning and must say: GREAT, really nice work, I love it.
Thanks for this.

mkpcxxl

SevenVirtues
February 26th, 2012, 01:38 AM
Well aside from the darker blue the start menu is a completely changed design as well as the taskbar and explorer frames, pretty much everything has been tweaked or changed compared to the original.

It would be really good to see ssome screenshot showing the differences.

Mr GRiM
February 26th, 2012, 02:28 AM
It would be really good to see ssome screenshot showing the differences.

Here you go :smile:

sadia
February 26th, 2012, 09:09 AM
but is there any changes between hud launch and hud evolution ?

fibonacci94
February 26th, 2012, 09:57 AM

Nope. The only changes is The Color and the circle one on the taskbar that show the hidden icons :laughing:

Mr GRiM
February 26th, 2012, 11:20 AM

No this is the Launch style in blue there is no difference.

@ fibonacci94 that system tray flyout button has been updated on the Launch style as well.

SevenVirtues
February 26th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Thanks Grim for the SS. Still can't decide, Evolution looks better but the old, lighter, blue is easier to read.

cyanidepork
February 26th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Very nice, well done!:no1:

breakdown234
February 26th, 2012, 09:53 PM
ha looks like theres alot of red lovers here grim nudge nudge :cheeky:

Harvey Sewdin
February 27th, 2012, 10:01 AM
EXCELLENT JOB GRIM. ANOTHER MASTERPIECE :gun:

Sceletor
February 27th, 2012, 05:54 PM
:shocked: This is the best Theme ever .... you are the Master Mark.
Thank you very much for your hard work.

gezortenplotz
February 27th, 2012, 09:06 PM
great theme ... and bought.
... but why is JSidPlay2 (jsidplay2*sourceforge*net) not working (not opening any window) when using this (or any older) HUD-Theme?

greevir
February 27th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Love the theme, went ahead and decided to buy it. Everything looks good minus the start orb and the control panel images. They are still default. Installed Theme Resource Patcher, then the theme, then the extras with 7tsp. Win7 x64 version.

Mr GRiM
February 28th, 2012, 04:16 AM
Check your DPI settings are at 100% and in folder option check to make sure Launch folder windows in a separate process is not checked.

Dalon
February 29th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Beautiful. The Artist is back.

:yawn:

"Insanity is to do the same thing and expecting a different result." [Albert Einstein]

YourNumbr1Fan
February 29th, 2012, 11:58 PM
I'd have to be blind not to say that this is simply extraordinary, Mark!!!!!!----WOW! Even more cool than HUD 1st!:loving:

Racer300ZX
March 1st, 2012, 01:41 PM
I can post now? Test ...

Racer300ZX
March 1st, 2012, 02:00 PM
Hello people, hello Mr GRiM!

First of all, you make really a great job Mr GRiM, in all their themes! Looks really good on the pictures.

I the day before yesterday HUD purchased Evolution Premium Theme.

But I have a few problems ...
The Start Orb was not changed, the window background is not transparent, the control panel are white (the text of the options can not be read), and the Internet Explorer top right of the options when you move your mouse NOT on it, they are also not to be seen. And last, I see that the Firefox shortcut was not changed.

My DPI setting is at 100% and I have tested the window once in a separate process and not in separate process. It makes no difference.

I also reinstalled Windows several times. I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit with no updates (hence no updates, because when I installed the updates, which makes my system herheblich lansgamer - but this really should not be, because I have good hardware).

I've new installed Windows, then the system files with "Universal Theme Patcher" patched, Vista Glazz v2.4 installed, then the Windows 7 Theme (HUD Evolution Premium Theme) installed, and then the extras.

What could be due, I had done something wrong? Or is something wrong set and if so, what?

With friendly greetings from Germany, Racer300ZX

Racer300ZX
March 1st, 2012, 02:03 PM
Here are the pictures to my problem.

Big V
March 1st, 2012, 02:14 PM
Hello people, hello Mr GRiM!

First of all, you make really a great job Mr GRiM, in all their themes! Looks really good on the pictures.

I the day before yesterday HUD purchased Evolution Premium Theme.

But I have a few problems ...
The Start Orb was not changed, the window background is not transparent, the control panel are white (the text of the options can not be read), and the Internet Explorer top right of the options when you move your mouse NOT on it, they are also not to be seen. And last, I see that the Firefox shortcut was not changed.

My DPI setting is at 100% and I have tested the window once in a separate process and not in separate process. It makes no difference.

I also reinstalled Windows several times. I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit with no updates (hence no updates, because when I installed the updates, which makes my system herheblich lansgamer - but this really should not be, because I have good hardware).

I've new installed Windows, then the system files with "Universal Theme Patcher" patched, Vista Glazz v2.4 installed, then the Windows 7 Theme (HUD Evolution Premium Theme) installed, and then the extras.

What could be due, I had done something wrong? Or is something wrong set and if so, what?

With friendly greetings from Germany, Racer300ZX Apparently there is an issue with the installer since several people are having the same issue.
Go to C:\windows\programs\ and delete the program file named theme resource changer. Close and reboot your system then reinstall it using the version from this post http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/30902-Theme-Resource-Changer-no-more-dll-editing and see if that works and let us know back

doremifal
March 1st, 2012, 02:59 PM
i have a problem i can not see the links

Racer300ZX
March 1st, 2012, 03:07 PM
Okay ... Thank you already times.

I've just done. The start orb is there now.
But the problem with the window-background transparents and the white control panel still exists.

And I also noticed if I want to insert a picture in the forum will open a window, the text above and below the two buttons, where you can choose, from the computer or a link, that will apparently not be displayed properly.

Would be grateful for more help ... :Smile:

Edit: I still have a problem ... The Internet Options in Control Panel no longer works. This works before the Theme ...

Mr GRiM
March 2nd, 2012, 08:42 AM
Important Update!

The installers for the Evolution theme are now fixed and will now install Theme Resource Changer, if you have problems with the start buttons and navigation buttons not showing then please download the theme again from the shop.

To download the theme again from the shop go to My Account at the top of the page, then select VIEW on the previous orders section then click on the download link.

Sorry for the inconvenience, this was my fault for not fully testing my installers after I altered some of the code

Mr GRiM
March 2nd, 2012, 08:44 AM
Okay ... Thank you already times.

I've just done. The start orb is there now.
But the problem with the window-background transparents and the white control panel still exists.

And I also noticed if I want to insert a picture in the forum will open a window, the text above and below the two buttons, where you can choose, from the computer or a link, that will apparently not be displayed properly.

Would be grateful for more help ... :Smile:

Edit: I still have a problem ... The Internet Options in Control Panel no longer works. This works before the Theme ...

To get the glass windows you will need to use Black Glass Enhanced

Mr GRiM
March 2nd, 2012, 08:46 AM
i have a problem i can not see the links

You will not be able to see links on the site until you have completed your registration via the Email that was sent to you.

Tono
March 2nd, 2012, 10:36 AM
SUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB....!!! :amazed:

Racer300ZX
March 2nd, 2012, 12:42 PM
Okay ... Thank you Mr. GRiM, I'll test it today. I say know if it works then ...

Species A.I.
March 2nd, 2012, 04:25 PM
Mark that theme is awesome BUD!!!! VERY NICE WORK, as always a Master an a Artist.

doremifal
March 2nd, 2012, 04:54 PM
Thanks Mr. Grim I love it this Theme in my computer :happy:

Racer300ZX
March 2nd, 2012, 06:18 PM
So ... I have downloaded the theme new from the shop. I then installed Windows fresh, and installed everything again. Now everything works so far.
Thank you Mr GRiM !! Great Work !! :happy::Smile:

Shckr57
March 2nd, 2012, 06:28 PM
ok, i installed the updated theme and now everything is working fine, but, when i use 7tsp to install the icon pack, "exploror,exe" becomes unresponsive whenever i open up recycling bin, or my documents........ and it has to restart itself. it only does this with the icon pack i got off this thread (haven't tried any others). so i have the full theme, but no custom icons atm. any idea why? btw windows ult 64

Shckr57
March 2nd, 2012, 07:17 PM
ok i fixed it and it works now, but when i try to use digital circuits logon screen it wont apply? any ideas why?

NeroRedgrave
March 2nd, 2012, 07:33 PM
Lovely theme.

Only one question... The clock in the taskbar shows me only the time and not the date like in your preview. How can I fix it?

Mr GRiM
March 3rd, 2012, 01:27 AM
make sure you installed all the fonts for the theme

SuperMystic
March 3rd, 2012, 03:40 AM
It is very nice:bunny2::no1:

kamika
March 3rd, 2012, 04:59 PM
Is there a way that the background of the IDE stays white ?

Mr GRiM
March 3rd, 2012, 05:22 PM
Is there a way that the background of the IDE stays white ?

Yes you can go to the advanced appearance settings in your color personalization menu and change the window color from there

kamika
March 3rd, 2012, 05:34 PM
Thank you was able to change it.

Letícia®
March 3rd, 2012, 05:52 PM
Grim is there any way I can use the files "MUI Side Images" in my language?

Mr GRiM
March 3rd, 2012, 06:04 PM
Sorry Leticia I don't know, I don't mess with those at all.

Letícia®
March 3rd, 2012, 07:59 PM
Sorry Leticia I don't know, I don't mess with those at all.

ok my friend / / no problems:flirt2:

abdo70
March 4th, 2012, 10:23 PM
A verry good theme bro... great work from you thanks:tu:

lefty1981
March 4th, 2012, 10:23 PM
i can just say."wow!"this is the best theme,i have ever seen in my life.

Whindog
March 5th, 2012, 04:00 AM
One quick question b4 you take my money ;p

(And i relise how insanely stupid this may sound, but its improtant to me :D)

Is the return to desktop button still available in the bottom right with this theme?

Thanks Mr Grim for all your amazing work....truly beautiful work with this one.

Big V
March 5th, 2012, 01:57 PM
One quick question b4 you take my money ;p

(And i relise how insanely stupid this may sound, but its improtant to me :D)

Is the return to desktop button still available in the bottom right with this theme?

Thanks Mr Grim for all your amazing work....truly beautiful work with this one.
Yes I just check my install of it and i still have that button

Whindog
March 5th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Awesome....thanks for your help!

OreoDragon
March 5th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Alright, so I just bought this pack and I have to say, I really like it, but I have one small problem: The taskbar highlights are waaaaaay too pale. At a glance, I can't tell the difference between "highlighted" "selected" and "deselected". By which I mean, when someone sends me a message over an IM, I don't even notice the flash, so I'm missing IMs for like a half hour or more:

52933 (deselected)

vs.

52934 (highlighted, deselected)

Would you mind releasing a tweak for that like you did for the explorer navigation buttons, or at least point out what image in the msstyles I'd have to brighten?

EDIT: One other thing: The Start menu is slightly broken, too. The search text box is missing (searching still works, but I can't see the search term) and sometimes the "All Programs" button shows up on top of the stylized "CORE SYSTEMS" button.

Mr GRiM
March 6th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Alright, so I just bought this pack and I have to say, I really like it, but I have one small problem: The taskbar highlights are waaaaaay too pale. At a glance, I can't tell the difference between "highlighted" "selected" and "deselected". By which I mean, when someone sends me a message over an IM, I don't even notice the flash, so I'm missing IMs for like a half hour or more:

52933 (deselected)

vs.

52934 (highlighted, deselected)

Would you mind releasing a tweak for that like you did for the explorer navigation buttons, or at least point out what image in the msstyles I'd have to brighten?

EDIT: One other thing: The Start menu is slightly broken, too. The search text box is missing (searching still works, but I can't see the search term) and sometimes the "All Programs" button shows up on top of the stylized "CORE SYSTEMS" button.
I guess I could make a version with more transparency on the task items, I guess I rely more on the audio when it comes to new messages didn't see as a problem, if you do want to do it yourself though just edit the image in Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Basic > TaskBand > TaskItemButton.

As for the start menu being broken, well it's not, the search bar was removed so that I am able to make these styles of start menu with the full transparency and drop shadow, otherwise you would be stuck with boring rectangular start menus and only half full transparency and half blurred and as you say the search function is still there, you just don't have a visual box for it, just open the start menu and start typing and it works fine, if you need to paste something in there just use Ctrl+V easy.

For the last thing you mention, that has to be that way because that image is also used to highlight new installed programs on the start menu and if I remove the image you will be left with a blank hole there instead, the easy way round that though and is something I do straight after a new install is go to the start menu properties, go to customize and uncheck "highlight newly installed programs".

Edit: OK I will just give you the image and you can replace it, I changed the Opacity from 85% to 50% so that should make it allot more visible, you can use a resource hacker like Restorator 2007 to add the new image.

OreoDragon
March 6th, 2012, 08:46 PM
Awesome, thanks, that fixes it. :D Same for the "All Programs" fix, and the search box is no problem. Thanks again!

gr4f1xJuNki3
March 6th, 2012, 09:15 PM
Couldn't decide so I bought the three pack(launch,apocalypse,evolutio) hehe... The three pack is a "no brainer" IMO.... Are all the extras for the themes included in the dl? Or do I hafta to hunt them down? Thanks for ALL you do!

cwhitney24
March 6th, 2012, 11:30 PM
Grim...still rocking the blue here. LOVE IT. I know many people voted red and it appeared. My vote for your next, if yo uso choose to do another, is black and yellow. :)

Russia-58
March 7th, 2012, 01:12 AM
Hello
after installing the theme, "Start" button becomes the default
The theme set by the Administrator, tried to disable the UAC did not help ....
If you go to customize and choose the topic, the button appears normal, but after the next reboot it becomes default.
I also apologize if I write with mistakes,, I do not know English, I am Russian, I write through the Google translator :)
installed windows 7 sp1 professional x86 ru

Mr GRiM
March 7th, 2012, 02:39 AM
Did you patch your system using Universal Theme Patcher first?

Russia-58
March 7th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Did you patch your system using Universal Theme Patcher first?
yes...
even after installation of the system

Mr GRiM
March 7th, 2012, 08:22 AM
yes...
even after installation of the system
When did you purchase the theme?

HungryHippo
March 7th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Just wondering, does the icon pack save the icon files in a particular folder? Because I'm trying to use the evo icons with the blade theme just cause I like the look of these icons more, but when I used 7tsp, it didn't overwrite the computer/network/recycle bin icons. The rest worked fine though.

gor17981
March 7th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Just wondering, does the icon pack save the icon files in a particular folder? Because I'm trying to use the evo icons with the blade theme just cause I like the look of these icons more, but when I used 7tsp, it didn't overwrite the computer/network/recycle bin icons. The rest worked fine though.

You need to remove the Imageres.dll folder from inside the Blade theme, you can find that here C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\Blade

Mr GRiM
March 7th, 2012, 03:35 PM
You need to remove the Imageres.dll folder from inside the Blade theme, you can find that here C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\Blade

Or go to the personalize screen and then on the left side select change desktop icons and then uncheck Allow theme to change desktop Icons then restore the default icons.

HungryHippo
March 8th, 2012, 12:04 AM
Ahh cool thanks for the help guys

kamoteprotocol
March 8th, 2012, 10:38 PM
nice work Mr GRim!

Tono
March 12th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Another WinRAR skin for HUD evolution theme... :Smile:

rustine
March 17th, 2012, 05:57 PM
I' ve got really big problem. Task bar is looking bad. Just look at my screen.53361

Mr GRiM
March 17th, 2012, 06:10 PM
In the taskbar properties set the taskbar buttons to always combine

the-stig
March 17th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Hiya I really like this theme, but i only have one problem with it... when i visit websites the text box background is a dark grey and the text to type in the text boxes are a dark grey but only slightly lighter than the textbox background.. is there anyway to change the textbox background colour to something a little more suitable or even the text box font colour itself.

other than that i think this theme is awesome :-)

breesus09
March 18th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Just a small request, could someone post the blue Aimp icon shown in the preview? Thanks:Peace:

Mr GRiM
March 18th, 2012, 06:51 PM
there you go bud

bitbizket
March 18th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Hiya I really like this theme, but i only have one problem with it... when i visit websites the text box background is a dark grey and the text to type in the text boxes are a dark grey but only slightly lighter than the textbox background.. is there anyway to change the textbox background colour to something a little more suitable or even the text box font colour itself.

other than that i think this theme is awesome :-)

Sure. Right Click on your desktop and select Personalization. In the Personalization Control Panel at the bottom select Window Color this is where you change your windows color extras.. Click on the Advanced appearance settings... in the item box menu scroll down to "Menu". Change the window background or font color you desire. Hope this help.

the-stig
March 18th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Thanks for your help, this certain text box is on the uk lottery website and for some reason no matter what colour i change to the text background still stays dark and the text is dark too.. its the same on firefox and Internet Explorer.

Racer300ZX
March 21st, 2012, 01:11 PM
Hey guys !! I have since again a question ...

In the window, standing there where the info, I'm not sure as the area is called, is with me somehow top. How do I get the down??

Big V
March 21st, 2012, 01:32 PM
Hey guys !! I have since again a question ...

In the window, standing there where the info, I'm not sure as the area is called, is with me somehow top. How do I get the down??

53515That is because when you installed the extras you downloaded the topshell pack you will have to do a restore with 7tsp then remove the topshell pack from the 7tsp and load the bottomshell pack and reinstall.

p.s. the bottomshell pack is not version specific it works on both x86 & x64

Racer300ZX
March 22nd, 2012, 07:42 AM
Thank you Big V, it worked !! :tu:

NeezyDaGalaxyExplora
March 31st, 2012, 12:43 AM
Just purchased this beatiful theme, downloading the 7tsp extras.:bunny2:
One question what is the topshell? Do I need download that too?

Sorry for the noob questions.

Big V
March 31st, 2012, 01:44 AM
topshell refers to the detail pane placement on the explorer frame topshell is for having it at the top and the other pack would have it at the bottom of the frames like normally for windows default

NeezyDaGalaxyExplora
March 31st, 2012, 11:40 AM
topshell refers to the detail pane placement on the explorer frame topshell is for having it at the top and the other pack would have it at the bottom of the frames like normally for windows default

Thank you for clearing that up for me sir.

I just have 2 minor issues.

1. I can't seem to change the logon to the alternate digital circuits logon with 7tsp even after 2 reboots it's still the same, any idea how to fix this?

2. I downloaded the Winrar skin, it worked, just the icons didn't change, fix for this?
http://i.imgur.com/ccy8y.jpg

Mr GRiM
March 31st, 2012, 02:14 PM
Thank you for clearing that up for me sir.

I just have 2 minor issues.

1. I can't seem to change the logon to the alternate digital circuits logon with 7tsp even after 2 reboots it's still the same, any idea how to fix this?

2. I downloaded the Winrar skin, it worked, just the icons didn't change, fix for this?
http://i.imgur.com/ccy8y.jpg

Use this program to change your logon http://www.julien-manici.com/windows_7_logon_background_changer/

To change the winrar Icons you need to download the winrar skin pack posted in the link above.

Big V
March 31st, 2012, 02:22 PM
once the winrar theme installs selected it thru the drop down menu in the options tab in winrar

NeezyDaGalaxyExplora
March 31st, 2012, 09:25 PM
Thank you Grim and Big V, now my desktop is perfect! Thank you for such an awesome theme and all the support too.

uwinaako
April 5th, 2012, 03:19 AM
after applying the 7stp theme extras topshell, my shutdown button in startmenu doesnt function anymore.. dont know what to do... and also i dont have the blue line in both side of the explorer window...

Big V
April 5th, 2012, 12:06 PM
after applying the 7stp theme extras topshell, my shutdown button in startmenu doesnt function anymore.. dont know what to do... and also i dont have the blue line in both side of the explorer window...
Read thru the last 4 or 5 pages of the HUD Apocalypse thread http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/38060-HUD-Apocalypse the fix is posted

uwinaako
April 6th, 2012, 02:58 AM
tnx Big V, works perfect now...

burleska
April 9th, 2012, 11:17 PM
hey mr grim i love your work is amazing!
can u please make a dark purple version.. :greedy:

keep it up

NeezyDaGalaxyExplora
April 10th, 2012, 12:52 AM
hey mr grim i love your work is amazing!
can u please make a dark purple version.. :greedy:

keep it up

I like your stylo. Wouldn't mind a dark purple theme version either, mr. grim:loving: ehehe

NinjaMonkeyz
April 10th, 2012, 11:46 AM
That is a sexy, sexy theme.

maximus12
April 12th, 2012, 12:16 PM
wow this is really great uhmm I wish you also have a light version from your HUD theme series I bet it'll Look as Cool as the original

ONE MAN ARMY
April 12th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Thought these bootskins would go good with this theme. I am still learning but hope you guys like them.

54383 54384

http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/38849-Hud-Evolution-BootSkin-For-Mr-Grims-Premium-Theme?p=224638&viewfull=1#post224638

MR.RIGHT
April 13th, 2012, 11:31 AM
hello! this theme is awsome, i have but one request, can i have the start button icon of this theme for the H2O premium theme plz? :girl:

dezined
April 16th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Thank you very much for a wonderful theme. I have only one question.

To my knowledge I installed everything correctly, however, my text in certain folders remains black and cannot be read, no matter what view I used.

Here is a folder functioning correctly:

Here is what happens when I to go any subfolder:

I cannot find any text in the window color options that is changable. Any help is appreciated.

N2580
April 16th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Hi Bro, :cool:theme, really like it. Hey, can you post me the link for the "Important Update". Can't do it. Please bro. I'm new. If you could help me, plz:smile:. daman, Grim

8pecxstudios
April 16th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Hi Bro, :cool:theme, really like it. Hey, can you post me the link for the "Important Update". Can't do it. Please bro. I'm new. If you could help me, plz:smile:. daman, Grim

Hi Bud The Update Was To The Installer For The Theme, The Theme Is Available For Purchase In The VC Store If You Have All Ready Purchased The Theme Just Log-in And Re-Download It Again Hope That Helps:peace:

ticolona
April 17th, 2012, 02:33 AM
great job thanks

MR.RIGHT
April 17th, 2012, 11:21 AM
So......No Help ?! :crying:

Big V
April 17th, 2012, 11:32 AM
What help do you need

dezined
April 18th, 2012, 12:03 AM
Thank you very much for a wonderful theme. I have only one question.

To my knowledge I installed everything correctly, however, my text in certain folders remains black and cannot be read, no matter what view I used.

Here is a folder functioning correctly:

Here is what happens when I to go any subfolder:

I cannot find any text in the window color options that is changable. Any help is appreciated.

I'm not sure if this will help someone give me some advice, but anytime I go to a folder where the text is all black, if I refresh the folder (F5) then the white text comes up. Anyone know what might be causing this? Is there some kind of Windows setting to auto refresh a folder everytime you open it?

ONE MAN ARMY
April 18th, 2012, 12:31 AM
Hope you like it, Sorry for stealing you HUD Logo/Icon. But Thought it would go good with this BootSkin!

N2580
April 18th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Thanks Bro :spin:!

kuss
April 20th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Awsome m8

Black_knight
April 22nd, 2012, 07:42 AM
AWESOME, SIMPLY MIND BLOWING.... just got the theme 1 word AAAAMMMAAAZIIING :money:.

THANX Alot :Peace::Smile:

_metal_
April 24th, 2012, 08:15 PM
how can i add this new skin of - AIMP 3 Skin By Gor - WINRAR Skin By Gor - MUI Side Images By Gor -
Desktop Gadgets by Pats -HUD Evolution V1 Tab Dock thanks to Twizzz to my HUD Series Premium Themes by Mr GRiM?..just buy today... any tutorial?

prometheus
April 29th, 2012, 12:25 AM
ty awesome theme

Ashley_B
April 29th, 2012, 05:43 PM
very charming his theme.. thank you:allgood:

NeezyDaGalaxyExplora
May 7th, 2012, 02:46 PM
I sorta pulled high-life wanting to try out a different theme, then I decided to go back to hud evo. Came back like this :(

http://i.imgur.com/gvBCr.jpg?1

I tried all the different huds, basic, topshell, topshell basic.. all the same. Help, please, anyone.

Big V
May 7th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Looks like you have not patch your system to wear 3rd party themes please read the first in this thread

NeezyDaGalaxyExplora
May 7th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Oh noo.. I think I may have bricked my laptop.

I successfully patched all 3 patches with universal theme patcher, after re-booting I can't logon. The logon-screen is stuck on "please wait".. and flashes black..
I had uxstyle installed before, do you think the 2 programs are conflicting? I have no idea what to do now. Anyway to un-patch from safe mode?

EDIT: All good, I restored with universal theme patcher.
Still have to deal with my theme problem..

Attempting to re-install theme

Big V
May 7th, 2012, 03:54 PM
yes they will cause conflicts you should uninstall uxstyle core and use universal theme patcher if you are running windows 7 with service pack one installed their are known conflicts with uxstyle and sp1. also make sure you installed theme resource changer it is what changes the images of the theme in the memory.

Big V
May 7th, 2012, 03:57 PM
also where did you get the theme from was it our shop??

NeezyDaGalaxyExplora
May 8th, 2012, 12:59 AM
also where did you get the theme from was it our shop??
yes, your shop.

yes they will cause conflicts you should uninstall uxstyle core and use universal theme patcher if you are running windows 7 with service pack one installed their are known conflicts with uxstyle and sp1. also make sure you installed theme resource changer it is what changes the images of the theme in the memory.

Okay, I have removed Uxstyle and patched Universal Theme patcher.
Almost everything is back to normal. Some of my icons have gone back to original windows 7 style.
I tried re-patching icon pack with 7tsp and now when I logon, my explorer process is gone and I can only see my cursor.

Big V
May 8th, 2012, 01:42 AM
yes, your shop.

Okay, I have removed Uxstyle and patched Universal Theme patcher.
Almost everything is back to normal. Some of my icons have gone back to original windows 7 style.
I tried re-patching icon pack with 7tsp and now when I logon, my explorer process is gone and I can only see my cursor.

Hmm confusing lol what 7 tsp pack did you install some of those have had issues with a few of the dll's they contain on some systems
when you installed the 7tsp pack was it on a fresh system or have you installed packs before and if so did you completely remove the old pack by using the restore feature in 7tsp first

NeezyDaGalaxyExplora
May 8th, 2012, 03:14 AM
Hmm confusing lol what 7 tsp pack did you install some of those have had issues with a few of the dll's they contain on some systems
when you installed the 7tsp pack was it on a fresh system or have you installed packs before and if so did you completely remove the old pack by using the restore feature in 7tsp first

The pack was the one that comes with HUD Evolution.
Ohh shoot, I didn't remove the old pack first. Is there a way to access 7tsp through the task manager? I can't open "explorer.exe"

EDIT: Okay, I've found how to open select programs through task manger (I'm a noob with cpu's if that already isn't apparent:cheeky:)

Should I "restore modified system files before 7tsp was used." ?

EDIT2: Tried restoring, nothing changed, trying sfc /scannow fix

EDIT 3: Okay restored. Will try to reinstall everything now after patching with Universal Theme Patcher and removing Uxstyle

EDIT 4: Alright everything is back to normal! Thank you big V :D

NeezyDaGalaxyExplora
May 8th, 2012, 06:36 AM
Question, after the fonts are installed, how can I use them?

gor17981
May 8th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Question, after the fonts are installed, how can I use them?

The theme will automatically use the fonts that it needs.

mrpatrickoconnor
May 10th, 2012, 09:00 PM
awesome

bananas
May 11th, 2012, 11:46 PM
obrigado pela potagen

translate = thanks for potagen

Please post in English
Thanks VC Staff

MOST_WASTED
May 12th, 2012, 09:38 PM
this looks really good mrgrim thanx

Racer300ZX
May 15th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Hi guys and girls,

how do I do it is that left down on the side of the taskbar a distance??

Thanks in advance !!

P.S. And why am I blocked from everything except for the forum??

Big V
May 15th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Hi guys and girls,

Thanks in advance !!

P.S. And why am I blocked from everything except for the forum??

read the first post in the announcement section of the forum

Racer300ZX
May 15th, 2012, 11:56 AM
read the first post in the announcement section of the forum

Ah okay, I understand ... My second question would be so answered.

I would like to state the following times more accurate, because I do not know if that was understandable - sorry when not, with Google has translated:

Hi guys and girls,

I would like, from the start button to start the task bar have a distance. Would be nice if someone can tell me how I would manage.

Thank you again !!

Mr GRiM
May 18th, 2012, 05:52 PM
You need to create a new toolbar and move it to the left of your pinned icons.

julian
May 19th, 2012, 05:23 AM
Thanks,great job

Please do not post in Dark Grey fonts
On the dark forum skins they are to hard to read.
Thanks VC Staff

Deathcloser
May 19th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Wooow, gotta try it out, maybe buy ^^

andr
May 20th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Mr. GRiM is the BEST
But if is exist an hud theme light with white folder fonts ....
but..
Mr. GRiM you are the best..........

Riezman97
May 21st, 2012, 07:32 AM
Very nice theme, suits the colour of my pc :D

TaraNoa
May 21st, 2012, 05:57 PM
it seems that a lot of ppl are requesting the hud light theme, already posted in in the hud apocalypse thread :)

it would be great if one would coming soon :greedy:

Force
May 21st, 2012, 07:57 PM
fantastic work! Thank you...:happy:

Caphalor2010
May 22nd, 2012, 11:15 AM
beautiful and fantastic like every theme!!:beaut:

mark.scott
May 23rd, 2012, 12:05 PM
Nice, Thanks Grimm ;)

Knochenjonny
May 23rd, 2012, 07:45 PM
I think Mr Grim makes Windows 7 much better xD

These Themes are brilliant

ValkyRie10
May 24th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Great job ;)

o0zora
May 24th, 2012, 06:37 PM
thx for your skin !

UnTold
May 25th, 2012, 10:57 PM
looks wesome!

aidsen
May 26th, 2012, 12:10 AM
this great work.....too beautiful....

RienZ
May 26th, 2012, 06:51 PM
cool man

ChuckieBuu
May 29th, 2012, 02:16 AM
thx so much nice theme good work:Peace:

D3X
June 2nd, 2012, 03:11 AM
Nice theme
Took some work to install on server08 r2 but got there in the end
Thankyou

BillPaokaki
June 2nd, 2012, 08:14 PM
best theme ;d

keylek
June 3rd, 2012, 03:40 PM
what is the lowest resolution this theme can go to and can the toolbar also work properly on the left side of the screen? like i woul like to have this on a netbook but i remember i had a simular theme for a laptop awhile ago and due to the small resolution the toolbar was short and yet i do not want to install this if it means that i can not keep my toolbar in the same location, it works best on the side of my screen with my netbook.

zelendel
June 6th, 2012, 08:16 PM
One of the best themes I have ever found. The attention to detail is unmatched. Thank you, I know the time it took most have been crazy.

harelor
June 6th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Another amazing theme as always. I also found someone giving these away for free but they include viruses so hopefully people just come here and get it.

Wilcop
June 6th, 2012, 09:25 PM
This is a very nice theme man tx.

xamouras
June 8th, 2012, 11:18 AM
thanks for the them and btw its very good :shocked: keep it up :laughing:

weirik
June 8th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Awesome themes GRiM. Keep up the great work!

Icer2218
June 8th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Hey can somebody please help me with this:
I installed the theme and had no problems, but when I installed the icons and stuff with 7tsp it won't let me open any folders and windows explorer crashes every time. I have done virus scans and everything is fine but how can I fix this, because I cannot get to the uninstaller!?!?! Help please

Big V
June 8th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Can you logon on and access the 7tsp program? If so use the restore option at the bottom of the program.

If you cant you may need to boot into safe mode and do a system restore to before you used the program.

Can you tell what pack you were trying to install and weather or not you had used 7tsp before? If so did you remove the previous pack before you tried installing a second pack.

Mr GRiM
June 8th, 2012, 04:57 PM
If you can not open explorer then open the start menu and type cmd and right click on it and open it as administrator then in the command prompt type sfc /scannow and that will scan all the windows system files and restore them all to default, after it has finished you will need to restart windows to take effect.

This will also restore the files that Universal theme patcher altered so at this point your themes will no longer function, you will need to run Universal Theme Patcher again for the themes to work.

As for the explorer crashing then it could be a few of files that can sometimes cause problems in the 7tsp packs, you will need to extract the 7tsp pack and delete or remove the 2 files, possibly 3, authui.dll.res and shell32.dll.res and maybe the explorerframe.dll.res, then use 7-zip which you can download for free to repack the 7tsp pack.

Once you have done that open 7tsp and remove the old pack and then load the modified one and start patching again, if you still have problems after that then we may have to try something else.

Personally I have not had this problem very often, I have had explorer crash on the odd occasion and I believe this may be due to the changes in the explorerframe.dll that are responsible for adding images to the explorer backgrounds but I am not 100% sure on that as it is not something I can reproduce to test.

Removing those 3 files from the packs will not effect the packs too much though and should make it more stable.

Icer2218
June 10th, 2012, 03:45 AM
Thanks so much!! All i had to do was remove those 3 files from the pack :)

May21nard
June 10th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Nice Great Job

arquivo
June 10th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Thanks Mr. Grim

xenonification
June 10th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Very nice :D

tzyyyih
June 12th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Thanks Mr. Grim for the wonderful theme!

HurricaneTM
June 19th, 2012, 09:18 PM
I don't get why I have to keep posting to see links to something I paid for -.-

Big V
June 19th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Apparently you didn't read the post the site redirected you to when you signed in for inactive members.
please read the first post in the anouncement section of the forum - New mod added for inactive and lurkers
It has nothing to do with theme purchases it has to do with being active on the forum.

Hade
June 19th, 2012, 11:39 PM
thanks

HurricaneTM
June 20th, 2012, 03:50 AM
I did read that, it's just, I don't know much about themeing to be active, and I only come on to see if there's new updates to my purchases, but I can't see the links unless I make a post...

skofild
June 27th, 2012, 11:22 PM
again excellent work Mr.Grim

zoomtreize
June 28th, 2012, 01:10 PM
thank you for this admirable theme...:beautiful:
see you soon

DArkNaChox
June 29th, 2012, 05:52 AM
gracias

Translate = Thank you

Please post in English only
Thanks VC Staff

Joao40
July 2nd, 2012, 01:47 AM
I've been without a computer. I am a member of this forum and would continue to be. Thank you for your attention.

nurivan
July 3rd, 2012, 06:07 AM
fantastic theme!!

HatManSan
July 3rd, 2012, 09:13 PM
Hi, I bought this theme back in 09/2011 it's V1. I note Mr GRiM posted on 02/2012. Is this version different. I have thus far failed to see a new or old Version number.

Thanks

Big V
July 3rd, 2012, 09:19 PM
Hi, I bought this theme back in 09/2011 it's V1. I note Mr GRiM posted on 02/2012. Is this version different. I have thus far failed to see a new or old Version number.

Thanks
Actually if you purchased a theme back in september of last year it would have been the original Hud Theme. This is an entirely new and udated version that was not released till February of this year. Hence the name Hud Evolution

HatManSan
July 3rd, 2012, 11:29 PM
Fair enough Big V. Thank you

nirvanastarr
July 4th, 2012, 01:15 PM
I have a little problem: START BUTTON remain original. I don't know why. I re-installed this theme many times, also after a format, but START BUTTON remain original. Before installation I patched the files with "Universal Theme Patcher"....

I use Win 7 Ultimate x64

Big V
July 4th, 2012, 02:33 PM
I have a little problem: START BUTTON remain original. I don't know why. I re-installed this theme many times, also after a format, but START BUTTON remain original. Before installation I patched the files with "Universal Theme Patcher"....

I use Win 7 Ultimate x64

Did you by chance in the past use a start orb changer? A lot of those apps interferes with theme resource changer program and will cause your orb not to change.

eravirm
July 5th, 2012, 01:07 PM
awesome.

MR.RIGHT
July 5th, 2012, 05:13 PM
I cant see your theme again! :ashamed:

franceskiello
July 6th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Cool!!!! :happy:

vjmak014
July 7th, 2012, 02:16 AM
nice one!

nirvanastarr
July 7th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Did you by chance in the past use a start orb changer? A lot of those apps interferes with theme resource changer program and will cause your orb not to change.

Sorry for the delay Bro!

No, never used any Orb Changer. I've had this issue even after I format and reinstall everything.

P.s.: Sorry for my english

dareaper
July 8th, 2012, 12:38 AM
Very nice looking theme.Thanks for hard work and sharing.

TeufelsNacht
July 9th, 2012, 09:12 AM
this style is amazing, thanks a lot

wayno
July 10th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Looks awesome thank you

Pixelexik
July 12th, 2012, 07:56 PM
This is by far the most amazing theme I have ever seen. You people are so freakin talented.:happy:

Mightyjacks
July 16th, 2012, 01:29 AM
This is awesome. The only problem is that you make so many amazing themes its hard to choose which one I like the most.:congratulatory::congratulatory:

Magnet0
July 16th, 2012, 03:18 AM
indeed!,. this is awesome, and great masterpiece, but i think it is much better if we can get this one for free too :D :peace:

Chewee
July 16th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Just wanted to say Hi from my Old Man "Gunny Chewee's". He will not be returning to your great site.:silence: His return this time from that mountain sandbox, messed
him up. He just wanted to say Hi :Peace: and to Mr. Grim "Outstanding Work Again":Grim:

RA1NBl00D
July 17th, 2012, 12:31 AM
Great theme, except my taskbar didnt change everything else is fine though, but I would really like help with the taskbar

TaraNoa
July 17th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Great theme, except my taskbar didnt change everything else is fine though, but I would really like help with the taskbar

Actually the styled taskbar only works if the following settings are applied:

1. the taskbar must be set to the first height (1 line)
2. right click the taskbar and select properties
3. on the taskbar tab select "Taskbar Buttons" -> combine and hide labels
4. enjoy your styled taskbar

zanzan
July 18th, 2012, 01:27 AM
Great!

beat snatcher
July 18th, 2012, 10:30 PM
appreciate all the work..

TaraNoa
July 19th, 2012, 03:06 PM
it would be ntk if someone else experienced the default windows theme when copying items.
i'am not talking about the window itself, i mean the animation above the process bar.

thanks for some replies.

ViSuaL DeSiRe
July 19th, 2012, 08:02 PM
Best theme I've ever seen. Thanks for this.

insideman
July 20th, 2012, 08:55 PM
very very VERY nice

devvv128
July 22nd, 2012, 08:46 AM
nice!!!!!

Racer300ZX
July 31st, 2012, 04:53 PM
Hello people!

I want to ask again. This I had already done so, but I still have not out how. How do I make it look like the picture, that between the start button and the point where the programs are displayed, a distance? Could someone please explain to me precisely how I can implement it? Thank you!

Sincerely, Racer300ZX

lostiano
July 31st, 2012, 05:16 PM
Hello people!

I want to ask again. This I had already done so, but I still have not out how. How do I make it look like the picture, that between the start button and the point where the programs are displayed, a distance? Could someone please explain to me precisely how I can implement it? Thank you!

Sincerely, Racer300ZX

1. Create an empty folder on the Windows desktop or in My Document folder and give a name to the folder, e.g. ABC
2. Right Click the taskbar. On the Menu prompted, uncheck the item “Lock The Taskbar"
3. Right Click the taskbar again. On the Menu prompted, select Toolbar -> New Toolbar
4. You will be required to make selection on folder. you need to locate and select the folder created in Step 1 earlier.
5. Right click on the new toolbar created (ABC in this case). Uncheck the item “Show Text” and “Show Title”
6. Now you can drag the dotted separator appearing on the Taskbar to the left side, located in between the Start icon and Taskbar icons. Once you release the mouse, you will see the Taskbar Icons neatly center aligned.

Enjoy :D

Racer300ZX
July 31st, 2012, 05:57 PM
1. Create an empty folder on the Windows desktop or in My Document folder and give a name to the folder, e.g. ABC
2. Right Click the taskbar. On the Menu prompted, uncheck the item “Lock The Taskbar"
3. Right Click the taskbar again. On the Menu prompted, select Toolbar -> New Toolbar
4. You will be required to make selection on folder. you need to locate and select the folder created in Step 1 earlier.
5. Right click on the new toolbar created (ABC in this case). Uncheck the item “Show Text” and “Show Title”
6. Now you can drag the dotted separator appearing on the Taskbar to the left side, located in between the Start icon and Taskbar icons. Once you release the mouse, you will see the Taskbar Icons neatly center aligned.

Enjoy :D

Hey, cool! Thank you so much! +1 For the instructions ... :tu: http://virtualcustoms.net/images/smilies/Animated%20Smilies_139.gif (http://virtualcustoms.net/images/smilies/Animated%20Smilies_139.gif)http://virtualcustoms.net/images/smilies/Animated%20Smilies_139.gif (http://virtualcustoms.net/images/smilies/Animated%20Smilies_139.gif)http://virtualcustoms.net/images/smilies/Animated%20Smilies_139.gif (http://virtualcustoms.net/images/smilies/Animated%20Smilies_139.gif)

lostiano
July 31st, 2012, 06:28 PM
Hey, cool! Thank you so much! +1 For the instructions ... :tu: :D (http://virtualcustoms.net/images/smilies/Animated Smilies_139.gif):D (http://virtualcustoms.net/images/smilies/Animated Smilies_139.gif):D (http://virtualcustoms.net/images/smilies/Animated Smilies_139.gif)

You are welcome dude... :allgood:

Xaiman
August 7th, 2012, 01:51 AM
Absolutely LOVE this theme man it is great. Easy install and great look. I just had one question/concern. There doesn't seem to be a search bar in the start menu. Is there another place i can get that same search bar because just searching in explorer it just looks at file names instead of say, i wanted to search "Uninstall programs" or something to that effect.

Big V
August 7th, 2012, 04:20 AM
Absolutely LOVE this theme man it is great. Easy install and great look. I just had one question/concern. There doesn't seem to be a search bar in the start menu. Is there another place i can get that same search bar because just searching in explorer it just looks at file names instead of say, i wanted to search "Uninstall programs" or something to that effect.

The search box is still in the startmenu it just hidden to make the theme more eye pleasing. just click your startmenu and start typing bud

Xaiman
August 7th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Awesome! Thank you very much for the fast reply. Keep up the good work guys.

Furg
August 18th, 2012, 05:25 AM
Amazing theme, absolutely love it! However, I am running into a problem with my Excel program. I have to use Microsoft Office quite a bit for work, unfortunately your theme completely changed the default settings to the layout. Is there anyway of reverting the Microsoft Office themes back to default? 1 more question. Some of the edited icon also randomly revert back to their original skin. I will note that it happens to the icons that are pinned to my task bar. Thanks for your time and help!

Mr GRiM
August 18th, 2012, 07:36 AM
OK there is an easy fix for that, you will need to go to the advanced appearance settings and change the window text colour and windows background colour and then save it.

When you have done that you can save it as a new theme and name it HUD Work mode or something like that.

As for your pinned Icons, if it's ones for programs like Firefox then they will revert back after any updates so will have to patch the icon again for it, you can do that with a resource hacker tool like restorator, open up the firefox exe and replace the default icons and save, you will probably have to clear the icon cache after that though to see the changes or maybe just a restart.

dareaper
September 7th, 2012, 03:08 AM
Running theme now.Love the theme..Excellent work as always

JSLimaSilva
September 24th, 2012, 12:28 AM
Amazing theme.. very beautiful :loving:

Psymushroom
October 16th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Still the best theme ever made for win 7...
keep the great work mr.grim & hope to see your win 8,9,10.. editions coming up!
its always nice to customize these focking(microsoft) standards themes, with something full different!!

ts83dnk
October 21st, 2012, 03:20 PM
I would like to ask a little bit about the color of the text
in explorer
when to normal
green, white when you press the mouse button,
I'd normally still green
please only link in the "Windows Style Builder"
to correct
thank you

Sr ,i used Google Trans !

Mr GRiM
October 21st, 2012, 06:44 PM
I would like to ask a little bit about the color of the text
in explorer
when to normal
green, white when you press the mouse button,
I'd normally still green
please only link in the "Windows Style Builder"
to correct
thank you

Sr ,i used Google Trans !

Sorry mate I don't understand the question

ts83dnk
October 22nd, 2012, 01:18 AM
Sorry mate I don't understand the question

I want to change the text color white to blue
I use the software "Windows Style Builder"
Thank you!

ONE MAN ARMY
October 22nd, 2012, 03:46 AM
Scratch that I guess that was not it. I thought that would allow you to change the font but it only changes other fonts like icon font ans such! Im searching

Mr GRiM
October 22nd, 2012, 05:08 AM

I want to change the text color white to blue
I use the software "Windows Style Builder"
Thank you!
Pretty sure I changed that one here Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View > ItemsView > Details > Details Text

IcicleThief69
November 8th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Mr Grim how do I fix this? I can't get them to take. Also how do I install the dock?

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u420/RossAPerry/HUD-Theme-screen-shot.png

IcicleThief69
November 8th, 2012, 06:22 PM
Also this is what happens when I click from one them and go back to the HUD premium theme this is what I get. How do I fix this problem? It is really a pain to have to go back to a restore point to get it back again.

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u420/RossAPerry/Untitled-2-1.png

faizalotai
November 8th, 2012, 08:20 PM
You must patched again your system with theme patcher, its look like your system files has revert back to the original dll.

IcicleThief69
November 9th, 2012, 10:08 AM
I just got home from work so I will do this in the morning well my morning when I get up today. I am going to remove everything and start fresh. I love the theme, I hope I can get the nav buttons to work also. Do you or anyone else know how to install the dock for this theme?

IcicleThief69
November 9th, 2012, 06:07 PM
OK I reinstalled theme after I removed it and I now have looking the way it should. All but the NAV buttons, it says to do this-

To change nave buttons navigate to C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\HUD Evolution and replace the explorer.exe folder with the one attatched

But I see no such file/folder inside the download, when I open the folder all that is in there is the pngs nothing else. So how do I get the nav buttons to change and work?

I also still can't figure out how to make the dock install, does anyone know how to do this?

Thank You

Lamia
November 10th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Hope i put my comment to right place! :)
Mr Grim tnx for every hud premium theme so far for win 7, hope soon you will release hud green (Biohazard Technology) version for win 7, like we spoke! :) Can't wait for it! :)

Mr GRiM
November 10th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Hope i put my comment to right place! :)
Mr Grim tnx for every hud premium theme so far for win 7, hope soon you will release hud green (Biohazard Technology) version for win 7, like we spoke! :) Can't wait for it! :)

Yeah sorry guys I have been preoccupied with other things but I will make a start on this again this week and release it asap :smile:

Bass17
November 14th, 2012, 04:37 AM
Mr GRiM, I want to start by saying Thank you for Hud Evolution. Fantastic work! The theme installed without a problem. I have a question maybe you can help me with. When I go to save a pic and the save as window comes up the back/forward buttons are the stock Windows type. Everything else is spot on. Is there something that I forgot to do?

Thanks again.

Mr GRiM
November 14th, 2012, 07:24 AM
Mr GRiM, I want to start by saying Thank you for Hud Evolution. Fantastic work! The theme installed without a problem. I have a question maybe you can help me with. When I go to save a pic and the save as window comes up the back/forward buttons are the stock Windows type. Everything else is spot on. Is there something that I forgot to do?

Thanks again.

Hi Bass17, no that's normal, only the main explorer windows change the nav buttons, because of how the nav buttons are loaded in memory they do not work on separate explorer processes, the only way you will be able to change them completely is to change the default ones in the explorerframe.dll system file.

Bass17
November 14th, 2012, 07:43 AM
Mr GRiM,
Thank you very much. It was driving me crazy because I thought I was doing something wrong. Do you think you will be doing an update for that in the future?
Once again, thanks for the time and work you gave to put this theme together.

Mr GRiM
November 14th, 2012, 01:02 PM
No I wont be doing anything about that, doing so would mean having to modify the explorerframe.dll every time you change themes and that would be even more annoying then the initial problem.

YourNumbr1Fan
November 14th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Hi Bass17---Just wanted to offer my 2-cents.
I actually do change the main explorerframes if I find a theme like these HUD themes that I am just nuts about. I just completely replace the dll files, manually. Of course I keep backups of all the default dll's on another drive, should something go wrong.
But, as you get around more on sites like VC here, and get more adept at these kind of things, you'll see how easy it is to do, and why there's no need for MrGrim to make any further "updates" with that kind of thing.
As long as you know what you're doing, you can modify almost everything in Windows 7 manually. Like right now, I'm using Gor's 'Sufferance' theme.....Last night I made myself a matching sys properties logo:
Just experiment.....and be sure to MAKE BACKUPS!:peace:

Big V
November 14th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Hi Bass17---Just wanted to offer my 2-cents.
I actually do change the main explorerframes if I find a theme like these HUD themes that I am just nuts about. I just completely replace the dll files, manually. Of course I keep backups of all the default dll's on another drive, should something go wrong.
But, as you get around more on sites like VC here, and get more adept at these kind of things, you'll see how easy it is to do, and why there's no need for MrGrim to make any further "updates" with that kind of thing.
As long as you know what you're doing, you can modify almost everything in Windows 7 manually. Like right now, I'm using Gor's 'Sufferance' theme.....Last night I made myself a matching sys properties logo:
Just experiment.....and be sure to MAKE BACKUPS!:peace:
As YN1F stated it not that hard to edit files once you know what your doing
here a tut razorsedge made on how to edit those files hope it helps http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/31050-How-to-edit-images-inside-your-dll-s-exe-s-or-cpl-files?p=172434&viewfull=1#post172434

Bass17
November 14th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Thank you Mr GRiM, Big V & YN1F for all of your replies. Thanks for the tut link Big V, I will be checking that out. I recently starting to use Restorator to edit some of the .dll files but always could learn alot more.
All of your answers really helped me out !
Thank you guys.