PDA

View Full Version : need help in installing the custom themes?

nyt
April 16th, 2012, 04:51 PM
I've been trying this for four days and i can not seem to get the themes to work on my comp. i have windows 7 home premium and each time i try to get the themes to work my system reverts back to an older style os system i really need some help in getting these themes to work is there any one who can help me please!!!

Big V
April 16th, 2012, 04:58 PM
http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/32021-Blade?p=224968&viewfull=1#post224968

lwarmachinel
July 14th, 2012, 03:40 AM
I've been trying this for four days and i can not seem to get the themes to work on my comp. i have windows 7 home premium and each time i try to get the themes to work my system reverts back to an older style os system i really need some help in getting these themes to work is there any one who can help me please!!!

1st you've got to download and run the 56829 . Select x86 or x64 version depending on your os and then reboot. Remember, x86 for 32bit system and x64 for a 64 bit system. Don't run both.
(I don't know if it matters but I have not updated my windows 7 to SP1)
After that's done, go download the theme you want then extract the files -
Once extracted, you'll have 2 items: a windows theme file and a folder. Place both items in windows>resources>themes. Close the windows explorer and open your control panel>personalization. You should see the theme there. If it is, click it and give it a few seconds to load and then you're done. Hope this helps!

Big V
July 14th, 2012, 12:17 PM
You also need to have theme resource changer installed for the themes to work properly in conjunction along with the universal theme patcher

lwarmachinel
July 14th, 2012, 02:55 PM
You also need to have theme resource changer installed for the themes to work properly in conjunction along with the universal theme patcher

Yep! You're right Big-V (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/155318-Big-V). I forgot about that. I've still got a very long way to go.

nyt
September 19th, 2012, 08:56 PM
thank you all for your help im sure ill get these to work.