PDA

View Full Version : tune up utilities

Master101Chief
June 25th, 2012, 12:43 PM
tune up utilities is a nice program witch can push just that last inch extra out of your pc!
http://www.tuneup-software.nl/
basically what it does is shutting down programs witch are running on the background and you do not actualy need.
it does take some time to set up but it is worth it!
few examples:
I brought back my boot up time from 10 min to 3 or so!
games witch I first could barley*some frame drops* run, go now smooth.
c4d render times reduced a bit.
so yhea for just a simple program and no risk of damaging your rig cause of overclocking I think it works awesome.

Krunkscooters
July 19th, 2012, 12:59 AM
I've tried it, but it is not very good. It plays by windows' rules, which means it tries to undo any registry entries you try to do. Check out advanced systemcare 5. The Cnet review gives it 5 starts, and i have had nothing but good times since i started using it.

8pecxstudios
July 19th, 2012, 02:04 AM
Glary's Utility's Is Far The Best Have Every Used And Its Free Unless You Want The Pro Version

SirSlaughter
July 19th, 2012, 08:22 PM
I'm with scooter, I use advanced system care 5. That and smart defrag. My PC is absolutely amazing. I use it whenever I tune a friends computer. His went from not being able to play dead island or even LOL to playing Dead Island at a decent rezolution and his startup time is now around 15-20 seconds.

Dark Knight
July 19th, 2012, 09:21 PM
Tuneup Utilities USED TO BE good when it was new and slim back in the Windows ME / XP days, these days it has become nothing less than bloatware. I actually tried the 2012 version not too long ago ...... once and it actually made more of a mess than it did good. I also use Glary Utilities to do all my cleaning / defragging and basic crap removal chores.

If you would have asked me ten years ago about Tuneup Utilities I probably would have given it big praise ......... these days ..... a big thumbs down. Hopefully like Norton they can get their act together and get back to basics.

Krunkscooters
July 20th, 2012, 12:09 AM
Tuneup Utilities USED TO BE good when it was new and slim back in the Windows ME / XP days, these days it has become nothing less than bloatware. I actually tried the 2012 version not too long ago ...... once and it actually made more of a mess than it did good. I also use Glary Utilities to do all my cleaning / defragging and basic crap removal chores.

If you would have asked me ten years ago about Tuneup Utilities I probably would have given it big praise ......... these days ..... a big thumbs down. Hopefully like Norton they can get their act together and get back to basics.

True that!

MrToxicCodes
July 20th, 2012, 01:14 AM
I use advance system care 5 Pro Version. I love it. It keeps my computer up to speed and boost everthing that needs it.