PDA

View Full Version : Explorer Frame Error - Displaying text in white ?

CypherX
August 14th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Problem fixed, please close thread.

CypherX
August 14th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Admins are you able to assist please ?

gor17981
August 14th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Does this problem persist if you change themes?

CypherX
August 14th, 2012, 11:00 AM
I think it's something within the ExplorerFrame DLL but don't know were to look to ensure font set to black ??

This problem only occurred once I patched ExplorerFrame DLL in SysWOW64.

CypherX
August 14th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Surely, some one can help ;) ???

Mr GRiM
August 14th, 2012, 06:43 PM
I would suggest restoring all your system files to default by opening a command prompt as administrator and running sfc /scannow then reboot after it completes, this will restore all your system files so themes will no longer work after your first reboot so you will have to run Universal Theme Patcher again before you can go any further.

What was the reason you were changing the explorerframe.dll and where did you get it from?

CypherX
August 14th, 2012, 07:14 PM
That's pretty obvious mate, but doesn't help me fix my problem ?

CypherX
August 14th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Here's a link to an image I have taken which mite help ?

razorsedge
August 14th, 2012, 10:53 PM
Here's a link to an image I have taken which mite help ?

http://postimage.org/image/z35wpj895/

Your prob would be the explorerframe dll you patched in the syswow folder is it the images your talking of you patched like the buttons the imnges or another kind of patch you applied to it cause as far as I have seen any other patch is only designed for the system32 explorerframe.dll if u apply those to the one in syswow u will end up with probs cause they are not designed for that dll.

Mr GRiM
August 15th, 2012, 02:17 AM
I am starting to wonder if you really want our help, if you are not going to try everything we suggest then how are you going to fix it, try using the default aero theme and see if the problem is still there, you have not said your 100% certain that explorerframe.dll is the file responsible yet, maybe if you tell us the theme your using and where you got it and the explorerframe.dll from we can test it ourselves and then get a better idea what the problem is and how to fix it.

CypherX
August 15th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Ok sure I understand ;)

Is there a tutorial for amending/customizing ExplorerFrame.dll for x64 ?

I think I might have a go at doing it myself if anyone can point me in the right direction please....