PDA

View Full Version : windows 7 VERY unstable after installing HUD Apocalypse please help

Dani1989
October 1st, 2012, 11:43 PM
Hello!
so i installed the wonderful skin " HUD apocalypse " and just love it. however! i have serious problems installing programs/shutting down computer/running CMD as administrator.. all this give me the error c:\windows\system32\file in this case Cmd.exe " a device attached to the system is not functioning. please help me i have looked all over the internet for several hours for a solution but couldent find any that worked couse most required to run CMD as administrator wich i cant. Also i cant seem to shut down, restart computer from windows, have to press on the computer to do so. button dont seem to work. hope i postet this the right place, if not im realy sorry.

thanks alot in advance
Dani1989

deviantdon
October 2nd, 2012, 12:27 AM
not at all sure on what to tell you about this brother,but i taged some very good and helpful people for you so you should get some help soon...good luck my friend and welcome to vc....

Dani1989
October 2nd, 2012, 12:45 AM
thanks alot deviant, realy epriciate it =)

YourNumbr1Fan
October 2nd, 2012, 01:10 AM
Not sure why the computer won't shut down, but the command prompt issue sounds like the path in your environmental variables has been erased.....

To fix that type in 'advanced' in your start-menu search, then open "view advanced system settings"....click Environment Variables, then add a new system variable by clicking the 'New' tab....in the next box, type "PATH" for the variable name, then enter "C:\windows\system32;C:\windows\;" for the variable value. BOTH LINES WITHOUT THE QUOTATION MARKS.
Also, before adding this path, make sure it's not there already, and, if your main-drive is different than C, adjust the codes I gave you to whatever the drive-letter your drive is. Most are C, but some people rename them with another letter....
See if that helps mate.

razorsedge
October 2nd, 2012, 01:19 AM
Hello!
so i installed the wonderful skin " HUD apocalypse " and just love it. however! i have serious problems installing programs/shutting down computer/running CMD as administrator.. all this give me the error c:\windows\system32\file in this case Cmd.exe " a device attached to the system is not functioning. please help me i have looked all over the internet for several hours for a solution but couldent find any that worked couse most required to run CMD as administrator wich i cant. Also i cant seem to shut down, restart computer from windows, have to press on the computer to do so. button dont seem to work. hope i postet this the right place, if not im realy sorry.

thanks alot in advance
Dani1989

Hi bud :)

any chance that you installed anything else with the theme say a 7tsp icon pack as well could u let me know or was it just the theme itself u installed :)

Mr GRiM
October 2nd, 2012, 03:45 AM
Yeah probably the authui.dll that some of you guys have problems with, try using 7tsp and restore a single file in the restore options and just restore that file in the system32 folder, see if that helps, restart your PC to take effect.

Dani1989
October 2nd, 2012, 08:03 AM
yes, i have that 7tsp icon pack =)

Dani1989
October 2nd, 2012, 08:06 AM
Not sure why the computer won't shut down, but the command prompt issue sounds like the path in your environmental variables has been erased.....

To fix that type in 'advanced' in your start-menu search, then open "view advanced system settings"....click Environment Variables, then add a new system variable by clicking the 'New' tab....in the next box, type "PATH" for the variable name, then enter "C:\windows\system32;C:\windows\;" for the variable value. BOTH LINES WITHOUT THE QUOTATION MARKS.
Also, before adding this path, make sure it's not there already, and, if your main-drive is different than C, adjust the codes I gave you to whatever the drive-letter your drive is. Most are C, but some people rename them with another letter....
See if that helps mate.
i can not do this, i cant open anything on the computer if it require me to be Administrator then i get the error

Dani1989
October 2nd, 2012, 08:11 AM
Yeah probably the authui.dll that some of you guys have problems with, try using 7tsp and restore a single file in the restore options and just restore that file in the system32 folder, see if that helps, restart your PC to take effect.

aaaand, i cant open 7tsp either... wow this is serious. hmmmm alright i will try to use system recovery again, hope i can do that.

Dani1989
October 2nd, 2012, 08:34 AM
alright, i had to go to safe mode to make a system restore, but that seemed to fix the problem, but ofcause i dont have the theme now, so my new question is how can i install this without Windows 7 failing so badly. its such an awesome skin that i actually considered keeping it even though windows failed lol, so i would realy epriciate it if you guys could help me out in this matter, couse i know, not everyone have theese problems so that lead me to that i have done something wrong when installing it. and i wanna take this opotunity to say thanks to all the replys i got so quickly realy epriciate it :D

YourNumbr1Fan
October 2nd, 2012, 09:59 AM
One step at a time m8.....You should make 100% certain that your Windows os isn't still damaged. If I were you, I'd do a re-format + clean install. Get all your Windows updates, all the way to SP1 at least, patch with Universal Theme Ptcher, reboot, install Theme Resource Changer, 7tsp, then again install the theme fresh. I know that's a lot of work, but it might be better in the long run. If you've had your current os installed for a while, if you've ran different themes and softwares over the months or years, a clean install might be the way to go.
Just make sure you get all the Win updates, to SP1 at least, before patching and all the other noise.
If you are going to just see if you can run it all again on your current setup, you may be in for other headaches. Your os may be corrupt. Sounds like it to me. Nothing the theme did, though, or 7tsp, or any of the patches. Could have been anything over the months or years.

Dani1989
October 2nd, 2012, 10:21 AM
the thing is, i just had a clean install of windows 7, it was the 7tsp becouse when i install it without it, its all good, and then it goes crazy when i use that. gonna try mr. grim's thing with removing that dll file. see if that helps :) i have very slow internet, and to many games, and all on steam so it takes a week constant download to get them all back " just got it done the other day " dont wanna go through that again please :P hehe anyway, if this fail i will follow your advice and do what you said :D thanks for the advice. :):no1:

Dani1989
October 2nd, 2012, 11:00 AM
Alright it worked! i went to safe mode and did what mr. grim said, removed the authui.dll " or whatever it was called " with 7tsp program and now it all work flawlessly, thanks to all who helped me and took their time to help me out :D i will report back in a week or so and say if stuff is still running okay :D so happy right now!:laughing:

Mr GRiM
October 2nd, 2012, 12:12 PM
Glad it worked for you mate, think I might have to take a look at that file and see why it might be giving some people these problems.

YourNumbr1Fan
October 2nd, 2012, 08:03 PM
So glad to hear that, man!-----I used to have some issues with 7tsp myself, but it was because I had a user-account name (the primary one) that had symbols in the name. My account was "J&Y". Tsp doesn't recognize symbols. After I re-named my account (did another install, so the user-files would be re-named too) to YN1F everything was right.

I'm glad you didn't need to re-format. That IS a pain in the rear. My wife calls me "Grasshopper" because every so often I re-format my computer due to me screwing around with various system-files. I'm much better at it than I used to be, but I've had to learn some stuff the HARD WAY! LOL!---She won't let me touch her laptop unless she's present! Hehe!lol

razorsedge
October 2nd, 2012, 10:55 PM
Alright it worked! i went to safe mode and did what mr. grim said, removed the authui.dll " or whatever it was called " with 7tsp program and now it all work flawlessly, thanks to all who helped me and took their time to help me out :D i will report back in a week or so and say if stuff is still running okay :D so happy right now!:laughing:

Good show bud am glad you got it fixed :) I figured it was a 7tsp prob thats why I had asked you earlier in the post. I have seen those issues you explained happen with 7tsp packs for some ppl glad you got it all worked out bud :)

Dani1989
October 3rd, 2012, 08:32 PM
So glad to hear that, man!-----I used to have some issues with 7tsp myself, but it was because I had a user-account name (the primary one) that had symbols in the name. My account was "J&Y". Tsp doesn't recognize symbols. After I re-named my account (did another install, so the user-files would be re-named too) to YN1F everything was right.

I'm glad you didn't need to re-format. That IS a pain in the rear. My wife calls me "Grasshopper" because every so often I re-format my computer due to me screwing around with various system-files. I'm much better at it than I used to be, but I've had to learn some stuff the HARD WAY! LOL!---She won't let me touch her laptop unless she's present! Hehe!lol

haha, good story, made me laugh :D

Dani1989
October 9th, 2012, 12:13 AM
alright, 5 days have past since i got the excellent help from the members of this community, and fixed my HUD apocalypse skin.
Im here to report back how its been since the fix.
its working realy good! i haven't got any extreme issues with windows, and non i can relate to this skin anyway. the issues can be anything realy but im gonna post them anyway just so if there is alot of reports with the issue im having it might be the skin...

alright i have experienced some problems with the sound icon. and sound in general the icon wont show, i restart a few times and sudently its back in the taskbar. i even went to properties and it shows as if it was not there ( but i can enter it from sound in control panel )

then i have a little problem with the speed it loads programs ( i know... ofcause its abit slower since its modded but the reason i add this is because it varies alot. im talking in general mostly about games but might be "steam" i dont know.. only thing i know is that i cant remember i had theese issues before. my rig is good and should be able to handle it so i dont know.. but its no big issue at all. in game its not a problem only on start up) ^^

again to point out non of theese issues is proved to be related to the skin and icons im using, so you can safely download the theeme and try it out for yourself! thank you :)

and thanks once again for the help i got fixing this :D

synfinity
February 11th, 2016, 03:39 AM
hello i need help bad i keep getting the error a device attached to the system is not functioning after i installed the icon pack 7tsp for thr theme any advice/help plz i cant even run command prompt as an admin