PDA

View Full Version : laptop screen broken?

Master101Chief
October 17th, 2012, 06:18 PM
ok I hope we have here some screen export around witch can tell me for sure if my screen is broken.

so I have the following question is my screen broken or is it something else?
here a few data I getherd in the last 24 hours since I have this issue.
description of problem:
I tried to quickly reproduce what it looks like in Photoshop and this is the outcome:
So basically I get mostly green spots all over the screen, or to be a bit more technical 90% of the collars it doesn't not seem to regonize or something turn green the rest of the 10% turn pinkish/red.
*when I open up my collar pellet in Photoshop I get something like 50% of normal collars and the rest is disturbed in the fashion described above*
*all these collars follow a perfect curve witch what I mean is that if you set your collars to web only the disturbed collars follow these curves, except that they are less wide*
things that are certainly not broken:
my gpu is still alive goes I plugged in a external screen and that one still works like a charm*for how far a screen that is 10 years old can work like a charm*
the wire conceting the screen part of my laptop to the rest is not discounted or something cause I opened up my laptop and checked the cables.
my webcam is still working, the webcam cable is a split of the cable I checked, so most certainly we can say that the signal is still working as it should be until there
I did not check the cable witch is behind my screen*if there is a chance that that one is causing this then I will remove m screen and check that one*
I also de-installed the drives of my gpu so everything of my gpu would not have any influence on the screen but also that did not work*in case there was a wire broken that was plugged into the gpu*the only place I could not reach unless I wanted to remove the cooling and so on witch I want to avoid*

I asked someone else and he said it is most probably a chip that tells the screen witch collar goes where, or in other words how bright the red, green and blue pixel in ever pixel has to brun* this chips comes after the gpu and everything else in your pc and if I am right this is the last chip the signal meats before it being signal travels to the pixels themselves(I asked this to some one who used to fix tv's and he said that this also could happen on a TV goes of the same chip)*
is it possible that this is the cause?

I have this screen in my laptop:B173RW01 V.3 with the conecting cable on the left side
does anyone know a cheap site where to get this screen, witch is also reliable and so on*so I get it in one piece here and I will get is between now and 2 weeks or so and that it is that exact one and not a cheap chinees simi-working replica*
Last maybe handy to know I live in Europa so the screen should be able to be delivered there, in case it can not be delivered everywhere in Europe just give me a link and I will check it.*I prefer to not disclose my exact location*

I hope some one can help me.
please tell also tell why you think that it is or is not broken, cause I would prefer not to spend a 100 bugs and still have nothing.

Mr GRiM
October 17th, 2012, 06:34 PM
I can't tell you if it is or isn't but have you tried any games on it or anything that controls it's own resolution and colours in full screen?

Master101Chief
October 17th, 2012, 07:00 PM
no I did not try games.
what I forgot to tell is that I have tried linux witch also does the same thing and also during the boot you already see this noise, during the dual boot screen for example, when there is for as far as I know nothing like a video card or any settings that could cause this active.

edit:
tested a game and give the same thing.

Harvey Sewdin
October 17th, 2012, 07:44 PM
I also think its a problem with the chip, you should replace it, if you're lucky you can find one on a decent price. But i would suggest showing you screen problem to a pro first.

Master101Chief
October 17th, 2012, 08:10 PM
I also think its a problem with the chip, you should replace it, if you're lucky you can find one on a decent price. But i would suggest showing you screen problem to a pro first.ok thanks for the info I will do so.

8pecxstudios
October 17th, 2012, 11:04 PM
hi mate does the artifacting only happen when you render with that 3d program or has it gotten worse and you have used that application cuz if it has then its your GPU and as you said in a previous post it was rendering an image for some hrs been a laptop and the GPU on 100% load for long periods will heat up the GPU and damage it as laptops dont have the best cooling to begin with if it only does it when the gpu is been stressed the try Heaven DX11 benchmark on low settings to see if it artifacts when the GPU get stressed if so i would suggest looking for a Place that if can replace your GPU or get a new laptop or Desktop...

Master101Chief
October 18th, 2012, 11:50 AM
it does not happen during rendering just at any moment from the moment I boot up my laptop.
And I don't think it is my gpu cause external screens still work.
most what I am wondering can it be something else then the screen itself for example the motherboard?

Master101Chief
October 18th, 2012, 03:37 PM
sick the cable I was talking about in the first cable was poorly conceted so I pluged it in again and my screen is a life again!