PDA

View Full Version : Ok I Need Some major Help!!!!

ONE MAN ARMY
December 16th, 2012, 09:21 AM
I Figured out how to move the Moreprograms tab around and size it where I want but I cant get rid of these boxes in the image. It pix up whatever is in the background of the image. WhY? I saw in a post Grim said you have to just export it from WSB and then re import it, somthing about the Alpha channel, but I tried that and nothing! Why is this happening to the More Programs tab.! Im so lost

razorsedge
December 16th, 2012, 11:02 AM
I Figured out how to move the Moreprograms tab around and size it where I want but I cant get rid of these boxes in the image. It pix up whatever is in the background of the image. WhY? I saw in a post Grim said you have to just export it from WSB and then re import it, somthing about the Alpha channel, but I tried that and nothing! Why is this happening to the More Programs tab.! Im so lost

This image the way u have it happened because when u moved it you also changed the size of the image as well in the properties. See how around the image u have the blank box lets say the image in the msstyles is 130x25 big ok when u changed the properties it's now set for an image size of like 180 x 50 so the image you have in the more programs tab is also probably set to true size for the sizing property on the more programs tab image.

When you have the property set as true size it will show the image exact as it is in wsb how long and how high it will not stretch or tile cause the setting true size means just exactly how it is.

You can do 2 things here for that if u want it as true size take that screen show you have there and open it in photoshop take the start menu images from wsb you might have to fix some in photoshop to get them to the exact size it is in your screen shot and lay the menu over top of the menu in the screen. Then use the rectangular marquee tool select the size of that box click hide layer on the screen shot and then enable hide layer from the menu and copy exactly the piece inthe same spot then use that image to make your more programs tab size wise.

the other thing u can do is adjust the content margins properties in the more programs image thats the left corner image of the start menu by again opening ur screen in photoshop and using the same tool as I said above to measure how many pixels of open area u have on each of the 4 sides then add that to the 4 property numbers in the more programs content margins size so say the 4 numbers you have there are 180, 110, 40, 55 and u measure the left there where there is a blank space and say there is 5 blank pixels then to the first number u would subtract 5 pixels to fill in the space so 180 becomes 175 and so on for the other 3 numbers first number donates left margin second number donates right margin 3rd number top margin 4th number bottom margin :)

razorsedge
December 16th, 2012, 11:12 AM
I should also point out with that more programs tab image u have there in the right side u have that long slant at the end of the image u need to take whatever piece of the start menu would be there to make it a box and put it behind that more programs image to fill in the little corner needs to be a box there like a full image no blank areas or else in ur finished product where that slant is u will have nothing there it will be a blank space the properties cannot be adjusted for slanted edges only for box and rectangle shapes :)

ONE MAN ARMY
December 16th, 2012, 11:21 AM
OK I understand most of what you said the problem is I have done everything your saying about measuring the pixels that are white and subtracting them. Im still getting this. And my content margins are set to 0, 0, 0, 0 in the more programs tab. so if I have to subtract more pixels it will go negative. witch I also allready tried. Ive matched everything up like 30 times. man I have been at this for like 12 hours! Frustrated like a mother!

ONE MAN ARMY
December 16th, 2012, 11:25 AM
I should also point out with that more programs tab image u have there in the right side u have that long slant at the end of the image u need to take whatever piece of the start menu would be there to make it a box and put it behind that more programs image to fill in the little corner needs to be a box there like a full image no blank areas or else in ur finished product where that slant is u will have nothing there it will be a blank space the properties cannot be adjusted for slanted edges only for box and rectangle shapes :)

LOL thats funny you just said that cuz that is what im working on now. I have not tried that yet so Im doing that right now to see if it works

razorsedge
December 16th, 2012, 11:30 AM
OK I understand most of what you said the problem is I have done everything your saying about measuring the pixels that are white and subtracting them. Im still getting this. And my content margins are set to 0, 0, 0, 0 in the more programs tab. so if I have to subtract more pixels it will go negative. witch I also allready tried. Ive matched everything up like 30 times. man I have been at this for like 12 hours! Frustrated like a mother!

Hey bud no no thats the wrong margins your trying to fix lol

I said in the more programs image the ones above that for that left hand corner start menu piece these ones here u need to be adjusting in the way I told u above as these are the ones that control the size of the box

those properties there and also in the more programs extended image below that one need to be the same numbers as u put in those ones I am showing u above lol

In the more programs tab image if u have it set see above where it says tiles in the more programs tab u would have as I am sure set to true size there so when u set to true size on the tab u can adjust those numbers till ur fingers turn blue they wont change anything cause the image is set to true size so the numbers won't matter at all true size means it will be the exact size as the image is u placed in there changing the numbers wont do anything for that more programs tab image :)

ONE MAN ARMY
December 16th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Yes sorry I know more programs content margin that will move the box left right top bottom. I got that I have messed with that but it just moves that white box. I know my image is off from the box a few pixels in each direction. but everytime I make it bigger the box gets bigger. and im not changing the sizing margins of the programs tab so that being 0,000 should fill in the box. Or am I completely wrong here. Im in the process of making a new set of tabs for the 50th time! lol

razorsedge
December 16th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Yes sorry I know more programs content margin that will move the box left right top bottom. I got that I have messed with that but it just moves that white box. I know my image is off from the box a few pixels in each direction. but everytime I make it bigger the box gets bigger. and im not changing the sizing margins of the programs tab so that being 0,000 should fill in the box. Or am I completely wrong here. Im in the process of making a new set of tabs for the 50th time! lol

send me the msstyle in pm and I will fix it for u will have to be later today is thats ok as I been working on this theme of mine all nite and am burnt right out need to catch a few hours of sleep first I can barley keep my eyes open anymore here lol

razorsedge
December 16th, 2012, 11:46 AM
ok u already sent it I see let me see if I can do this now before I go am dying will try and get it finished before I pass out lol

ONE MAN ARMY
December 16th, 2012, 11:48 AM
I have all ready sent you the link did you not get it. Plus I really think somthing else is the issue man I have tried everything. Let me know if you got the pm!!!

razorsedge
December 16th, 2012, 12:00 PM
I have all ready sent you the link did you not get it. Plus I really think somthing else is the issue man I have tried everything. Let me know if you got the pm!!!

got it fixed it just pmed u back with the link to ur fixed msstyle now its time for little old me to hit the sack before my head slams into the keyboard here lmao

razorsedge
December 16th, 2012, 12:05 PM
got it fixed it just pmed u back with the link to ur fixed msstyle now its time for little old me to hit the sack before my head slams into the keyboard here lmao

oh opps forgot one thing copy those content margins I put in the more programs image not the tab but the one I showed u in the previous screen copy those same 4 numbers properties into the more programs extended image in the same spot content margins I forgot to do those as well u just need to put in the same exact numbers in that one :)

ONE MAN ARMY
December 16th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Why am I stll getting this crap I dont understand this crap. You know I was having this issue with the Nano tech recolor and Deviant don said it was fine on his computer. but im getting these boxes. why is this

ONE MAN ARMY
December 16th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Still getting those boxes

razorsedge
December 17th, 2012, 12:43 AM
Still getting those boxes

I just pmed you back with the msstyle fixed again. I should have left it as I said till I got a bit of sleep after I had rest and got in not long ago from my day of xmas shopping I just sat down and had a look those boxes were still there and I did not pic up on it cause I had a black wall behind it my eyes were too tired to notice anyways I was dying already when I took that msstyle from u to fix lmao

I had to make a lot more adjustments I notice for how u set the new image the grid was off the more programs tab image was actually too smal as well had to adjustthe size of that as I noticed on the right it was not lining up with the slant anyways its all adjusted now and working I pmed you with the new one :)