PDA

View Full Version : Login Bug Or Glitch Not Sure

cyb3rb3ast
May 7th, 2013, 03:33 PM
i have noticed that when i just enter my username and hit the login but with the pw field empty it logs me in not sure if anyone else has done this but i was checking, it everyday to see if its been picked up and fixed,but its still happening

Big V
May 7th, 2013, 03:49 PM
well if you had checked remember password originally the site would autofill the password for you so you would not need to type it in again till you have deleted all your cookies and site doesn't find them when you visit

YourNumbr1Fan
May 7th, 2013, 05:39 PM
I think that IE doesn't show that the pw field is filled-in when it auto logs you in....it's a privacy setting I think... Are you using IE, cyb3rb3ast?

cyb3rb3ast
May 7th, 2013, 05:47 PM
naw im on cyberfox browser checked the remember pw but when you type your username in then click over to pw it will fill it in but it didn't do that after i entered by username but not saying that ya's theories aren't true thought i'd report it just incase cause i thought it was a bug or glitch, just trying to keep an eye out for stuff that could lead to the site being exploited for hackers to gain access and do damage.

YourNumbr1Fan
May 7th, 2013, 05:57 PM
That's good-lookin-out bro. For real. Someone out there hates both VC and CTX, and any little thing, in my opinion, might be a potential threat.....
The hacker of CTX must have gained access to the highest Admin-login. Maybe it was something else, but that makes sense. Some kind of java-based login-exploit.
And since apparently Pierre hadn't been backing the site up at regular intervals.....well, we all know the site got FUBAR. I'm just hoping he gets it back online, and takes better
precautions in the future. Surely, Grim has learned something from this too.

...just trying to keep an eye out for stuff that could lead to the site being exploited for hackers to gain access and do damage.

Mr GRiM
May 7th, 2013, 06:57 PM
That's good-lookin-out bro. For real. Someone out there hates both VC and CTX, and any little thing, in my opinion, might be a potential threat.....
The hacker of CTX must have gained access to the highest Admin-login. Maybe it was something else, but that makes sense. Some kind of java-based login-exploit.
And since apparently Pierre hadn't been backing the site up at regular intervals.....well, we all know the site got FUBAR. I'm just hoping he gets it back online, and takes better
precautions in the future. Surely, Grim has learned something from this too.

Whoever hacked CTX didn't do it from the admin login on the site, they would have to do it at the server level to be able to cause the damage they did, so whatever it was that allowed them access would not be a vbulletin exploit.

YourNumbr1Fan
May 7th, 2013, 07:15 PM
I think you're right. Whatever the case it's definitely FUBAR.....And Pierre has been online at DA, yet not updated anyone lately, or answered anyone's comments at our group or on his profile there......I'm just sick with the whole thing. I like Pierre, and liked being at CTX, but this is ridiculous.

Whoever hacked CTX didn't do it from the admin login on the site, they would have to do it at the server level to be able to cause the damage they did, so whatever it was that allowed them access would not be a vbulletin exploit.

razorsedge
May 7th, 2013, 10:50 PM
strange do you use last pass or anything like that I just checked this I had to manually type in my pass or it kept giving me your name or password is wrong message I am also on cyberfox.