PDA

View Full Version : Modern ui start page for Google Chrome (new metroTab)

YourNumbr1Fan
June 18th, 2013, 04:35 PM
I found this while searching Google for Chrome start-pages, the link led me to a deviantART upload, then that user had the link to the Add-On in the Chrome Store.
This is a GREAT 'new tab' or Home/Start page (this is how I've configured mine). You can completely customize the thing, add tiles, choose large or small sizes for them, choose the colors, titles, display icons, etc...And each link/tile you add supports RSS-Feed so has the 'Live-Tile' feature if the site has rss.
Also, when you click a tile, it will animate (if you choose that option in the Options thingy) just like your normal Metro start-screen in your Windows 8 os. Also notice all the options when a tile is right-clicked that pop up in the ribbon at bottom, just like your regular start-screen. Very cool!

It's just an amazing addon for Chrome, and if it has already been shared here, please someone let me know. This extension for Chrome will work in Windows 7 also, but I thought I'd drop the thread here within the Windows 8 Customize Applications thread as this extension is so useful to those using Win8, who want to have all their customizations "match".

DA link: http://mike3886.deviantart.com/art/Modern-ui-start-page-for-Google-Chrome-345509636

Chrome Add-On link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/new-metrotab/oogmkbpkoblajkomflhkkdmbfggdmefd

*Note: This Add-On is a little "buggy", such as some of the animation-effects and ui options not working at times. Overall, it's pretty cool however.....

IceBabee
June 19th, 2013, 05:24 AM
Awesome find my friend......! Don't have 8 but still awesome none the less :) Thank you for sharing

YourNumbr1Fan
June 19th, 2013, 05:53 AM
Thanks Vicki, I re-installed my copy so I could grab the 8.1 update when it's released. This Chrome add-on helps everything 'gel', you know?

Awesome find my friend......! Don't have 8 but still awesome none the less :) Thank you for sharing

IceBabee
June 19th, 2013, 05:57 AM
Thanks Vicki, I re-installed my copy so I could grab the 8.1 update when it's released. This Chrome add-on helps everything 'gel', you know?

LOL.....I know what ya mean :)

t4bz
March 10th, 2017, 08:35 AM
nice tool