PDA

View Full Version : Aero Glass For Win 8 by Big Muscle v1.2

Mr GRiM
August 20th, 2013, 03:53 AM
Glass look

Your windows will be rendered with transparent borders. This look allows you to see what is behind the border. The key element is the blurring of content behind the glass borders to prevent it from being too clear and disturbing. The result is very smart window border!
Fully native

The utility is completely integrated into Desktop Window Manager without breaking any system protection or modifying system files. All rendering is done via native Direct3D device. Any colorization settings adjusted in Windows Control Panels are respected. Use color intensity slider to adjust the amount of the transparency.

No custom skinning engine used. Due to the native nature of this utility your Windows theme is composited together with the glass effect. All features controlled through DWM API (e.g. DwmEnableBlurBehindWindow or DwmExtendFrameIntoClientArea) are supported including the taskbar or custom Start menu blur effect.
Low resources usage!

This library tries to utilize all DWM resources as much as possible to minimize RAM and VRAM usage. No redudant objects are created, no background service is running. The result is light-weight library which behaves exactly in the same way as Aero Glass in Windows 7 did. No performance degradation!

Theme your windows!

You can change the look of your windows borders completely without touching your Windows theme or using unsigned theme. This allows you to bring back several effects such as window shadow, caption glow effect, rounded borders or simply change the appearence of caption buttons. You just modify single bitmap in your favourite image editor and everything will look as you want!

The wait is over for Windows 8 users, the final build for Aero Glass has been released to early donators.

Aero Glass for Windows 8 is a free software with no limitations. If you feel that you like this application a lot, you can donate arbitrary amount of money. Technically, if you don't want to donate, you can still use Aero Glass library without any constrains application will just ask you to donate several minutes after execution. As a bonus, all donators automatically gets an unlimited access to any beta of upcoming versions and to any possible secret features.

The amount of donation totally depends on you, but if you donate at least 3 Euro you can use following form to generate license code for your computer. You can generate license code for two computers per each 3 Euro you donated. This form serves for recovering lost license codes too. Fill in your PayPal e-mail and machine code, press Generate button, store downloaded file to your Aero Glass folder and restart DWM process to activate your license.

You can find the donate page here http://glass8.berlios.de/donate

I have decided to make my own installer for Aero Glass which you can use as an alternative, it has a couple of extras like AGTweaker included as well a safety precaution in the event that you uninstall Aero Glass and were using the Bypass Theme Signature for custom themes, my uninstaller will return you to the default Aero theme before completing the uninstall and asking you to restart to complete the changes, Big Muscles on the other hand will ask you to do a restart but if you were using a custom theme at the time then upon reboot you will be met with a black screen and need to do a system restore in the advanced repair options.

AERO GLASS for Win8 v1.2

* inactive frame blur/color balances are not altered by theme opacity settings when user set them manually
* blur deviation settings is applied everytime colorization is changed (so no DWM restart is needed now)
* custom theme resource can now be loaded globally from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
* glass is disabled when running on a battery

--> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM:DisableGlassOnBattery (DWORD 0x0 / 0x1 = default)

* implemented glass reflection (aero stripes only)
--> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM:ColorizationGlassReflectionIntensity (DWORD 0x0 = disabled (default) / other values = enabled)

AERO GLASS for Win8 v1.1

As some users were requesting, I've implemented algorithm to generate gaussian blur offsets and weights:
* you can change blur deviation in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM:BlurDeviation (DWORD, default = 30)

* do not set it too high (low performance) or too low (glitchy look)
* setting blur deviation to 0 will result in transparent non-blurry frames

When you upgrade your CPU, you can now generate new additional license for free.

Download my Installer from the link below

New tool I made to tweak the Aero Glass Blur effect, also included in my installer.

Aero Glass Blur Tweaker v1.1 for Aero Glass for Windows 8

http://oi40.tinypic.com/16a3by9.jpg

This is a simple little app that I made to toggle the various settings used with Aero Glass for Windows 8 by BigMuscle

Featured Settings:

EnableLogging: Enables logging / logging of license messages is always enabled

DisableGlassOnBattery: When your AC power is unplugged and computer is running on the battery then the blur effect will be disabled to decrease power consumption.

ColorizationColor
ColorizationColorBalanceInactive: The intensity of the color.

ColorizationBlurBalance
ColorizationBlurBalanceInactive: The amount of the opacity of the windows frames.

BlurDeviation: Standard deviation for Gaussian blur.

RoundRectRadius: Radius of rounded windows corners.

CustomThemeResource: Path to PNG file with theme resource.

ColorizationGlassReflectionIntensity: Aero stripes effect.

BypassThemeSignature: Allows the use of Custom unsigned themes.

Enable/Disable Aero Glass

Download here http://www.mediafire...BlurTweaker.exe (http://www.mediafire.com/download/cy65ezmcs8ev9tx/AGBlurTweaker.exe)

Or Download the Original installer for Big Muscle

I have 4 more machine code activations available and would be happy to give a couple of those to deserving members, if you would like to be one of the lucky ones then please post your machine code that is generated after 5 minutes in the comments below.

gsw953
August 20th, 2013, 04:21 AM
Mark your installer worked perfectly
and the program seems to be prefect also!
here's my machine code MEXFS5LSLUYTTL75NGG7LQGW4MYL3BIV4GLLEBNA6L3CMAPA

Mr GRiM
August 20th, 2013, 04:32 AM
and the program seems to be prefect also!
here's my machine code MEXFS5LSLUYTTL75NGG7LQGW4MYL3BIV4GLLEBNA6L3CMAPA
Hi Greg looks good mate, here is your License, just put the key in the same folder as dwmglass.dll

gsw953
August 20th, 2013, 04:51 AM
Hi Greg looks good mate, here is your License, just put the key in the same folder as dwmglass.dll
Thank you Mark
I should be finished this new theme shortly,hopefully you guys should see it here this weekend!

JK41
August 20th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Hallo,
fantastic work. I also get a Machine Code and need a License. My Machine Code is: 36CFCWLQSUQLJLOCR4F6LII6MDPL4VNLFHLFQ76YRL4JE3WQ

Please can you send me the license for my Machine?

Greets JK41

Mr GRiM
August 20th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Hallo,
fantastic work. I also get a Machine Code and need a License. My Machine Code is: 36CFCWLQSUQLJLOCR4F6LII6MDPL4VNLFHLFQ76YRL4JE3WQ

Please can you send me the license for my Machine?

Greets JK41

Hi JK41, thanks for your interest but I only have 2 keys that I am providing and would prefer if they went to more active members.

sete
August 21st, 2013, 06:51 AM
Thank you Mark.: Smile:

YourNumbr1Fan
August 21st, 2013, 12:43 PM
This is great Mark!----I would see about getting a license from you, but I don't have Win8 installed at the present time anyway, so no machine code. Anyway, great work mate! You and a few others, just like when Windows 7 was a new os, are leading the way... again! Maybe, just maybe!, Windows 8 (and the so-called upgrades, like 8.1) will turn into something most Windows users will want due to you guys' hard work at finding ways to customize it. The customizing-world are watching you, no doubt! There are a lot of jealous haters out there (we know this, don't we), but MrGrim is a moniker that can't be denied respect for sure. Much love, thanks for all you do!:peace:

chevy350
August 23rd, 2013, 03:16 PM
I'm game if ya still have a code left :tu:Next time it pops up I'll copy the code....also thanks for redoing the installer, that was my issue last time I tried it...got the lovely black screen with just a cursor and reinstalled 7 lol

Mr GRiM
August 23rd, 2013, 05:26 PM
I'm game if ya still have a code left :tu:Next time it pops up I'll copy the code....also thanks for redoing the installer, that was my issue last time I tried it...got the lovely black screen with just a cursor and reinstalled 7 lol

Yeah still got 1 activation code or maybe 2, just post your machine code and I will post your activation code :smile:

chevy350
August 24th, 2013, 06:27 AM
Will do.....naturally after I posted this earlier I haven't had the pop-up once lol but soon as it does I'll get the code to ya ;)

It came up after a reboot 4ZS4IEL7SUQLJLOCB4IZLGGIMDPL4VNLXELJRUMARL4JE3WQ

Mr GRiM
August 24th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Will do.....naturally after I posted this earlier I haven't had the pop-up once lol but soon as it does I'll get the code to ya ;)

It came up after a reboot 4ZS4IEL7SUQLJLOCB4IZLGGIMDPL4VNLXELJRUMARL4JE3WQ

All good mate, here you go, enjoy :smile:

Letícia®
August 27th, 2013, 12:23 PM
good work, Mark ... thanks ... excellent program :girl:

solnaciente28
September 4th, 2013, 08:52 AM
please I would like a license for the eros my Machine ID: 434AHFLI7JYZFLAD4GZQLIP4EANLNCBCU5LL3KPYAL3QE5CI. I superais everyday but it is annoying the poster which runs every time I boot the computer I hope someone pass a valid license

DarKcapiTaN
September 13th, 2013, 10:43 AM
and the program seems to be prefect also! Anyone have any key for my pc
here's my machine code 7N45EHLSYEFWZLGZNXAVLDSIVN7LPREHJGLKBMAQGLLDOJDI

Mr GRiM
September 13th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Updated to version 1.1 with new options to adjust the blur amount, recommended settings are 10-40 or 0 to disable blur and have full transparency.

poweredbyostx
September 13th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Thank you for this one Mark, :Smile:

janekg16
September 15th, 2013, 04:27 PM
pls update to 1.2 ;)

Mr GRiM
September 16th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Updated to version 1.2 :smile:

Misterallo
September 18th, 2013, 06:30 AM
ok
machine LRV2FRLNSUQLJLOCQJGOLSFJMDPL4VNL4EL7HVVYRL4JE3WQ

Misterallo
September 18th, 2013, 06:47 AM
Ok, muito bom
Machine: LRV2FRLNSUQLJLOCQJGOLSFJMDPL4VNL4EL7HVVYRL4JE3WQ

Misterallo
September 18th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Thank you Mark

Version 1.2

machine: LRV2FRLNSUQLJLOCQJGOLSFJMDPL4VNL4EL7HVVYRL4JE3W

IceBabee
September 18th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Great job....Thanks for sharing :)

Bap_rang
February 20th, 2014, 09:17 AM
Can you help me :Smile::Smile:
Machine ID: UNWG2FLYLUYTTL754YHULG3B4MYL3BIVTVLKUMRA6L3CMAPA
License code: 2148073478

Eloy
February 21st, 2014, 11:10 AM
Hi, This application is prefect. Thank you.
Please give me a License for my pc

My machine code:
4OXE7YLNYEFWZLGZ3TQFLBN4VN7LPREHVALPO5ZQGLLDOJDI

KaXpeR.K.135
March 18th, 2014, 08:27 PM
Good job....THX

My machine code :
NWY7BZLHSUQLJLOCSRIRLQMKMDPL4VNLIYLGVWIYRL4JE3WQ

THX :cheeky: