PDA

View Full Version : Animating buttons & other things in Windows Style Builder

JoeSixpack
September 22nd, 2013, 01:29 PM
I've been lurking around this forum here & there for many months. I posted a reply & have left a comment on a profile page, that's it. I was mostly here to read & download, but now I have a question. I would ask Razorsedge himself, but it's better I make it a thread so others can benefit. I like to animate things, I had to figure out how to make my own animated dock icons for example, I want to animate just as well in Windows Style Builder. I took the only animated VS element I had & tried to make it work in another theme. It was Razorsedge's pulsating Push Button from his Annihilation Glass theme. I put it into Full Glass V2 opened in WSB, I put it in the Push Button location & I copied all of Razorsedges values from Annihilation Glass for that button over to Full Glass V2's Push Button location. It doesn't pulsate in the Full Glass V2 theme, what am I doing wrong? I'll admit the TRANSITIONSDURATIONS:INTLIST had a 37, 37, 37, 37, 37, 37, 37, 37...... as a value & it was hard to determine exactly how many 37s were there, could this be the problem? Too many or Too few 37s in that value?

Beyond the button I'd like to animate glows & drop shadows that are colored to be glows, so the theme pulsates like Razorsedge's Push Button. Is this possible? How?

JoeSixpack
October 20th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Thought I'd inform everybody that I did drop that animated push button in another theme and it did animate. Can't explain why one would and another wouldn't but consider using another theme if you run into this problem of something not animating.

JoeSixpack
October 21st, 2013, 03:39 PM
I got the push button to pulsate it's glow in the theme that wouldn't let it do so. I right clicked on every property in the push button settings on a theme that would let it animate & selected "Mark property for Export", especially TRANSITIONSDURATIONS:INTLIST.

Then I right clicked on them & selected "Export all marked properties to StyleHacks file". Gave the file a name & hit create. Then I loaded the theme that wouldn't animate the push button & went to the style hacks icon up on the tool bar & selected the newly created file from the list of regular stylehacks that are already there. Reload the test, BAM! it's working, hit save.

If you copy over some properties by memory or screen cap & it doesn't work, you might want to use this technique to be absolutely sure you got the properties right.

Sucks I had to answer my own question, I thought somebody on here would help after 4 weeks, but I got none. I'll post little bits of advice from time to time for noobz from somebody that found the documentation a little less detailed than they'd hoped. There are many problems to consider beyond changing the properties that they don't tell you.

I really wish this process wasn't so hap-hazzard, I think we needs a new Style builder that lists all texts with their properties together, then all menus, etc. Or when you clicked on a property it would show you a sample pic that showed what part of the theme it changed. That's wishful thinking I'm sure though.

JoeSixpack
October 22nd, 2013, 11:16 PM
Tried to post my desktop in the post your desktop thread with pictures and everything, but it said I needed to have 5 posts, I have 4. I don't like to re-type stuff, but I'll post my 5th post here so I can post there & get on with my life.