PDA

View Full Version : Task Bar, Start menu issue on WIN 10

SimianJyhad
February 23rd, 2019, 04:51 AM
so I installed Mr Grims Evolution theme on my new win 10 machine. I would give you a better version but all winver says is "windows 10" Everything skinned properly EXCEPT the Task bar and the Start menu/start button. Either I did something wrong or I did something really wrong http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=81629&stc=1&d=1550901025 I hope it is a simple fix

Nimbi
February 23rd, 2019, 09:31 AM
so I installed Mr Grims Evolution theme on my new win 10 machine. I would give you a better version but all winver says is "windows 10" Everything skinned properly EXCEPT the Task bar and the Start menu/start button. Either I did something wrong or I did something really wrong http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=81629&stc=1&d=1550901025 I hope it is a simple fix

Check my response here: http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/82822-Task-Bar-Start-menu-issue-on-WIN-10?p=340090&viewfull=1#post340090

I hope this helps :peace:

Also, the below screenshot can help you find the build number in Winver as well if you missed it:

SimianJyhad
February 25th, 2019, 02:41 AM
Check my response here: http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/82822-Task-Bar-Start-menu-issue-on-WIN-10?p=340090&viewfull=1#post340090 I hope this helps :peace: Also, the below screenshot can help you find the build number in Winver as well if you missed it:
81633 I feel like a dork now because I totally missed that. Doesnt help that today I am fighting with windows 10 and the Theme to get back picture thumbnails making me feel even more stupid. and I know its something I missed because if I switch to a standard win 10 theme I get all my thumbnails back.

Nimbi
February 25th, 2019, 06:46 PM
I feel like a dork now because I totally missed that. Doesnt help that today I am fighting with windows 10 and the Theme to get back picture thumbnails making me feel even more stupid. and I know its something I missed because if I switch to a standard win 10 theme I get all my thumbnails back.

Can you show me a screenshot of the standard theme compared to the custom theme so I can see what the differece looks like. It could just be the way the theme is made or it could be something entirely different. I'd have to see a comparison to be sure.

Also, don't worry too much about the winver miss, it's tricky to spot if you're not already aware of what to look for, lol.

Also, it might help to know what brand and models sytem you're using because some brands and models play weird with custom msstyle theming.

SimianJyhad
February 25th, 2019, 10:33 PM
Can you show me a screenshot of the standard theme compared to the custom theme so I can see what the differece looks like. It could just be the way the theme is made or it could be something entirely different. I'd have to see a comparison to be sure. Also, don't worry too much about the winver miss, it's tricky to spot if you're not already aware of what to look for, lol. Also, it might help to know what brand and models sytem you're using because some brands and models play weird with custom msstyle theming. Sure no problem, this is a custom built rig , I built it about 8 or 9 years ago. it currently has Win 10 built 1809 one of the attached images is with HUD Machine theme active, the other is the problematic one with Evolution active both from Mr. GRiM (who makes awesome themes IMO)

SimianJyhad
February 26th, 2019, 12:42 AM
Just had a thought that since this is a custom built box you might need more than just that. it has an AMD FX 6300 6 core processor, 16gb of Ram, 4TB HD (western digital I think though not entirely sure at the moment) Win 10 version 1809 (recently upgraded from win 7 which used a theme called Blade for forever it feels like). and a Geforce GTX 950 vid card. not a top end system but not a complete potato yet. for the life of me I cant think of what would cause the Evolution theme to not show thumbnails and most of the folder Icons