PDA

View Full Version : Help Adding Propertys to WSB

Donkuz
April 5th, 2019, 03:31 AM
I followed the Instructions to add an Image to the Control Panel Navigation Panel Shine layer and no popup showed to select an Image in the process, I then reloaded the theme after adding the rest of the properties and ended up with this
I havent Saved it yet, just reloaded to see what happened, Have I done something wrong?

Skull
April 5th, 2019, 03:55 AM
Where is the property called 'imagefile:filename'?

Donkuz
April 5th, 2019, 04:11 AM
Where is the property called 'imagefile:filename'?I have a before and after shot in my post I think this is where it went wrong after adding the propertys and click ok The popup box didnt show to select an Image in the process GMFD Maybe I should undo the Props and start again

devillnside
April 5th, 2019, 06:32 AM
I have a before and after shot in my post I think this is where it went wrong after adding the propertys and click ok The popup box didnt show to select an Image in the process GMFD Maybe I should undo the Props and start again

my bad i made a mistake when i wrote down the instructions for you:

add property & select:

Filename in the first dropdown
Imagefile in the second dropdown

& click ok & the popup window will appear where you select the image file

i'm so sorry dude my fault it went wrong for you

Donkuz
April 5th, 2019, 06:55 AM
my bad i made a mistake when i wrote down the instructions for you:

add property & select:

Filename in the first dropdown
Imagefile in the second dropdown

& click ok & the popup window will appear where you select the image file

i'm so sorry dude my fault it went wrong for youPMSL No worrys mate, I wondered what was up lol. I downloaded WSB Beta like the one you showed earlier and tryied again with no luck it already has the Props in that location mnn, anyway I will try again with WSB 8.1 and see what happens Thanks again Mate..

Donkuz
April 5th, 2019, 07:44 AM
PMSL No worrys mate, I wondered what was up lol. I downloaded WSB Beta like the one you showed earlier and tryied again with no luck it already has the Props in that location mnn, anyway I will try again with WSB 8.1 and see what happens Thanks again Mate..OK That worked this time I made the Image the same Dimensions as the Background panel and then selected it with the prompt and it appeared like it should in the Style Builder, Now I Know how to do it, lol. I'm Stoked Thanks again for taking the time to help me Bro :Peace:Cheerz

devillnside
April 5th, 2019, 07:46 AM
OK That worked this time I made the Image the same Dimensions as the Background panel and then selected it with the prompt and it appeared like it should in the Style Builder, Now I Know how to do it, lol. I'm Stoked Thanks again for taking the time to help me Bro :Peace:Cheerz

anytime mate

Donkuz
April 6th, 2019, 04:39 AM
Ok here's where it is at the moment
Thanks for your Help :peace: Cheerz!!

devillnside
April 6th, 2019, 09:56 AM
Ok here's where it is at the moment
Thanks for your Help :peace: Cheerz!!

yeah its big.. you keep the dimensions of you image at what it is but reduce the pixels to a much smaller size.. then try it.. if it still throws an error send me the msstyle & ill see if i can fix it

Donkuz
April 6th, 2019, 01:58 PM
yeah its big.. you keep the dimensions of you image at what it is but reduce the pixels to a much smaller size.. then try it.. if it still throws an error send me the msstyle & ill see if i can fix itI Dropped the pixels by 50 % and Aquaman showed up in the panels again but he shows up like this in this screenshot
I tryed changing some of these values stretch, borderfill, top bottom to see if it made any difference but it did not, it must be a size issue or something lol :Peace: Cheerz!!

Skull
April 7th, 2019, 03:57 AM
Can you send me a msstyle file I think I know the issue in here. (Just to make sure)

Donkuz
April 7th, 2019, 04:16 AM
Can you send me a msstyle file I think I know the issue in here. (Just to make sure) Sure here you go
I was just looking at adding some margins in the props Im outta my Dept with this stuff but Im learning LOL, Thanks for helping me Mate :peace:Cheerz !! https://1drv.ms/f/s!AiYjNe8dYC3OlXb0o86RccIgAkRC

devillnside
April 7th, 2019, 03:40 PM
Sure here you go
I was just looking at adding some margins in the props Im outta my Dept with this stuff but Im learning LOL, Thanks for helping me Mate :peace:Cheerz !! https://1drv.ms/f/s!AiYjNe8dYC3OlXb0o86RccIgAkRC

margins wont help there

Dark Knight
April 7th, 2019, 04:19 PM
margins wont help there
You can insert it as an imageglyph with the halign an valign properties, if you want send me the theme with the images and I will show you.

Dark Knight
April 7th, 2019, 04:28 PM
You can insert it as an imageglyph with the halign an valign properties, if you want send me the theme with the images and I will show you.

Downloaded the file from your OneDrive, try this one attached here, it should be correct, you may have to play with the content margins a little, can't really tell because I am on 19H1 at the moment. let me know.

UPDATE: it works, I converted on my end to 19H1 and the image is centered on the panel now.

devillnside
April 7th, 2019, 07:32 PM
Downloaded the file from your OneDrive, try this one attached here, it should be correct, you may have to play with the content margins a little, can't really tell because I am on 19H1 at the moment. let me know.

UPDATE: it works, I converted on my end to 19H1 and the image is centered on the panel now.

so will it work on all themes.. you think???... that might be a good solution to this... i've almost given up trying to put any images in there on win 10 because you never know if it will work the way you want it to!!

devillnside
April 7th, 2019, 07:37 PM

i could get it done after a lot of errors & resizing the nav panel image itself and the branding image too.. sometimes when that is too big i've gotten errors on my themes trying to put an overlay image in the nav pane, it was the same case here.

Dark Knight
April 7th, 2019, 08:52 PM
Adding an image as a glyphimage is the only way I have found to put an image in those areas without having get distorted when the Windows are resized. I suppose one could add it as a shinelayer also and centering it and playing with the content margins. Glyphimage works a lot better though because with something like this all you need to do is center it with Halign and Valign. It's worked every time I have used it.

devillnside
April 7th, 2019, 09:24 PM
Adding an image as a glyphimage is the only way I have found to put an image in those areas without having get distorted when the Windows are resized. I suppose one could add it as a shinelayer also and centering it and playing with the content margins. Glyphimage works a lot better though because with something like this all you need to do is center it with Halign and Valign. It's worked every time I have used it.

cool!! that's the route ill follow next time!!

Donkuz
April 8th, 2019, 01:00 AM
cool!! that's the route ill follow next time!! Thanks a lot Guyz, phew!! I'm Really Grateful for your Help it looks really cool, I don't know how you did it but Great work and thanks for taking the time to fix this for me Brothers. :Smile::peace: Cheerz !!
Well Done Guyz