Administrator

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    837 Thread(s)

Sex:

Xtreme Red Theme for Windows 7

Update: 29/05/2011

I have updated this theme a bit and made it to use with theme resources changer so you don't need to change any system files any more, I also borrowed a few bits from my Premium theme Poison and a couple of others to give some new life to this theme, I will keep the old versions here as well if anyone wants them, there is only one version for the new theme unlike the old one that had 3 variants, I think this version is more usable then the other 3 combined anyway so don't think it's needed.

Xtreme Red.7z

Information
    Update 01/02/2013

Added new style with fully blurred Start Menu

X-TREME v3.7z

New clock for use with 7tsp, it will just replace the clock in the timedate.cpl

7tsp_Xtreme_Red_timedate.cpl.7z

If you need to install Theme Resource Changer you can grab it from here https://virtualcustoms.net/showthread...-dll-editing..

Old Styles

[SIZE=4]
    There are 2 versions of this theme, Xtreme Red and Xtreme Red 2, the second one has a a few more black areas then the first like the taskmanager and other windows will be black instead of white, the only downside is that some web pages when using IE8 will be very dark although Firefox seems unaffected by that, the only other downside to some using the second theme will be things like Office which will have Black page colours instead of white, although there are probably options to change the page colour in those programs.

Both themes have been tested on X86 and X64 and I haven't seen any major problems, but if you do notice something please post a screen shot and let me know.

Have fun with the new theme and please comment

Please read the notes below on how to have your taskbar centered like in the preview.

Xtreme Red Xtreme Red.7z

Please download the theme file attatched at the bottom of this post if your using Xtreme Red 2, found a problem using black as a window colour but changing the colour to #010101 fixes it, you will notice if you use winrar that the left pane has been changed to a very light colour when it was meant to be turned black, changing the colour to #010101 stops that happening and it turns back to black.

Xtreme Red 2.theme

Attachment 29689

If you want to have the clock a different colour to match the theme like the one above you will need to replace a system file in system32

Attachment 29688

Full Glass Blue Icon pack Download Links

https://virtualcustoms.net/showthread...-for-Windows-7

Information
    Very Important!!!

You must enable the use of custom themes by either patching your system with Universal Theme Patcher or use UxStyle Core which runs as a service, either way will have the same result but UxStyle Core does not change any system files and is also update proof.

Universal Theme Patcher

UxStyle Core

Information
    To have your taskbar centered like in the image above.

All you need to do is unlock the taskbar and right click on it go to toolbars/add new, and them make a new folder somewhere and call it blank for example, then select that folder for your new toolbar.

You then need to right click on the new toolbar and select view text/title and deselect those 2 options now repeat all those steps(you can use the same blank folder again) and place the blank toolbars on either side of your main Taskbar group and slide the taskbar to a central position.

Once you have it where you want lock the taskbar again (note that it move a little when you lock the taskbar so some fine tuning may be needed), and now you have a centered Taskbar.

If you like you can also make the blank folder hidden to remove it from view.

NOTE
    Taskbar will not display blue bar if you have your options set to never combine.

Always combine, hide labels should be selected.

Also if you are using any extra Toolbars you need to make sure they are displaying small icons, but only if you have them all on a single row, if you have your taskbar expanded to 2 bars it will display normally again.

License Agreement: This content is protected by DMCA. (Digital Millennium Copyright Act Protection Services)

Last edited by Mr GRiM; January 31st, 2013 at 03:08 PM.

Please do not PM me to ask for support - please use the relevant thread or forum.
    Please Post in English or at least include English Translations

Thread Information