Parted Magic 5.9 is a business-card operating system based on Slackware Linux, with programs that allow you to partition hard disks with ease.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
The Parted Magic OS employs core programs of GParted and Parted to handle partitioning tasks with ease, while featuring other useful software (e.g. Partimage, TestDisk, Truecrypt, Clonezilla, G4L, SuperGrubDisk, ddrescue, etc) and an excellent set of info to benefit the user. An extensive collection of file system tools are also included, as Parted Magic supports the following: btrfs, ext2, ext3, ext4, fat16, fat32, hfs, hfs+, jfs, linux-swap, ntfs, reiserfs, reiser4, and xfs.
Parted Magic requires at least a i586 processor and 312MB of RAM to operate or 175MB in “Live” mode.
* Format internal and external hard drives.
* Move, copy, create, delete, expand & shrink hard drive partitions.
* Clone your hard drive, to create a full backup.
* Test hard drives for impending failure.
* Test memory for bad sectors.
* Benchmark your computer for a performace rating.
* Securely erase your entire hard drive, wiping it clean from all data.
* Gives access to non-booting systems allowing you to rescue important data.
* Runs from the CD, no install required.
Parted Magic 5.9 also brings an updated Super Grub Disk packages. Therefore, Super Grub Disk has been updated to version 0.9799 and version 1.98s1.
Moreover, a few bugs were fixed in the new direct ISO booting function, implemented in previous release: “You can now boot the ISO completely from RAM with MEMDISK (without the need to access the ISO on disk by PM itself).”
Highlights of Parted Magic
· Linux kernel 184.108.40.206;
· Super Grub Disk 0.9799;
· Super Grub Disk 2 1.98s1;
· Clonezilla 1.2.6-40;
· Plop boot manager (plpbt) 5.0.11;
· Psensor 0.4.4;
· BusyBox 1.17.4;
· Nwipe 0.03;
· SimpleBurn 1.6.0;
· Syslinux 4.03;
· ClamAV 0.96.5;
· e2fsprogs 1.41.14;
· GParted 0.7.1.
Last edited by gor17981; 09-01-2011 at 08:06 PM.
register or log in to view signatures!
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)