Thread: Need a little help with PS CS4 Share

A Supreme God

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    296 Thread(s)

Sex:
    I had a similar issue awhile back and never could get it figure out. Finally i did a reset by holding down shift+crtl+alt keys before starting ps till a window pops up asking to delete current setting file. You will need to go into preference afterwards and reset any customs setting you might have set like ruler,guides,resources memory usage, etc. This will also revert all the auto saved location you have so make sure you know where all your resources are located if you are using any that are not the default location the program uses normally (I store all of my resource on a different drive. Styles, Brushes, Gradients, Etc. That way if i do have an issue or do a reformat i don't forget to save them and lose everything if this make since to you)
    register or log in to view signatures!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Embracing 8.1

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    151 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Thanks for the help guys, but I am pretty sure that this is a Photoshop problem, if you do a Google search you will come up with tons of results and everyone has there own way of dealing with banding in gradients by using filters and such, which to me is nothing but a pain in the a$$, especially considering how much I laid out for this program.
    You would think that with all the money people spend on this program that it should be pretty much flawless and one should be able to get a smooth gradient with the minimal of fuss no matter what color you are coming from and going to. I get better results on a black to grey gradient in a free program like Gimp than I do in an expensive program like Photoshop.

The problem only really exists with gradients that go from dark to light on large files, it is there with lighter gradients also but I do not have to do as much filtering to clean it up on light gradients. I even tried shift+ctrl+alt like BigV suggested but that does not work either. I guess I'll have to deal with it until Adobe addresses the issue ......... maybe by CS9 OR 10?

Skilled

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

Sex:
    I know it's like putting a bandaid on a bullet wound but, have you tried adding a couple of blur filters to your gradients?

Sith Lord

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    130 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Everyone has presented great suggestions. Mine is to had a gradient overlay to the existent gradient in the blending options, then tweak the opacity as needed to get the desired result. I'm using CS6 so I don't know how this would look in CS4.

Skilled

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swirlman1 View Post
    Everyone has presented great suggestions. Mine is to had a gradient overlay to the existent gradient in the blending options, then tweak the opacity as needed to get the desired result. I'm using CS6 so I don't know how this would look in CS4.
    That's a good idea, Swirlman.

Sith Lord

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    130 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by lwarmachinel View Post
    That's a good idea, Swirlman.