Hi Everyone

Well I have some bad news at the moment, after seeing a bunch of messages from a few of you guys about my mediafire account being suspended I had just gone and checked to see what happened.

My account is indeed gone, it has been suspended due to a copyright claim from Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation for the theme I made Prometheus.

It seems by doing a theme on that movie which in reality was just wallpapers from it that were freely available to anyone to download from the net, even though the theme itself is just a basic glass theme that really has nothing to do with the movie other then the wallpapers is infringing some copyright bullshit wall they have closed my account because of this. Here is the e-mail I got in relation to my account being shutdown.

BDM user "samantha" says: Notice of Infringement via Email Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation P.O. Box 900 Los Angeles, CA 90035 06/29/2012 mediafire.com https://www.mediafire.com Dear mediafire.com: I, the undersigned, confirm under penalty of perjury that I am an authorized agent of Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation and/or its subsidiaries and affiliated companies ("Fox") and am authorized to act on Fox's behalf in this matter. I am writing to notify you of the infringement of Fox's intellectual property rights on your site as identified below and demand that you take immediate action to permanently stop the infringing conduct. I have a good faith belief that the links / files identified in the attached addendum (below) are examples of links / files available through your site that are not authorized by Fox, any of its agents or the law, and therefore infringe Fox's rights. On behalf of Fox, I demand that you immediately remove and disable these links / files. To the extent that multiple different copies of the infringed copyrighted work identified in the subject line above can be found on and through your service, you are required to act expeditiously to remove or disable access to all such infringing copies. This email is not a complete statement of Fox's rights in connection with this matter, and nothing contained herein constitutes an express or implied waiver of any rights, remedies, or defenses of Fox in connection with this matter, all of which are expressly reserved. I may be contacted at: Email: antipiracy@dtecnet.com Sincerely, DtecNet If you have some issues please reply to info.antipiracy@dtecnet.com, reply to no-reply@dtecnet.com will be ignored. Addendum to Notice of Infringement PROMETHEUS (2012)
Information about the party that filed the report:
Company Name: Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation
Contact Address: P.O. Box 900 Los Angeles, CA 90035
Contact Name: DtecNet
Contact Phone:
Contact Email: antipiracy@dtecnet.com

Copyright infringement violates MediaFire's Terms of Service. MediaFire accounts that experience multiple incidents of alleged copyright infringement without viable counterclaims may be terminated.

As this e-mail is from today I was not even given the chance to respond or reply to this outright BULLSHIT copyright notice they slapped my with they just closed my account without warning and thats it.

I mean seriously now thats copyright infringement to make a theme that really has nothing to do with their movie besides freely downloadable wallpapers that anyone can get off the internet, this theme was not for sale nor did we make any money from it,
why are the wallpapers freely downloadable from the net if they cannot be used in this way, I could understand if we were making money or something of that nature from it. In some way taking a few bucks away from the lousy movie studio that must hurt their pocket book considering the millions they rake every year. Ok maybe that I could see being a reason to complain, but in this case using freely available walls that can be downloaded from anywhere on the internet and nothing in the way of a copyright notice considering I downloaded most of them from their offical movie site for fucksake to boot.

Well all I can say honestly is this is utter bullshit and I am pissed beyond belief that I was not even given a chance to respond to this so called copyright infringement claim, and now I will find another site and have to reupload all my shit I had stored on mediafire which is going to be a real big pain in the ass for the amount of things I had stored there.

What pisses me off the most is I was not even given the chance to reply to this claim in any way shape or form they just closed the account down basically giving me the big **** YOU for honestly what reason I do not understand.

I have filed a counter claim report with mediafire on this bogus infraction report to try and get my account back I apoligise for any inconvience