Threaded View

Pro Designer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    457 Thread(s)

Rain STORM MUI Side Images

Presenting....

Stormy conditions predicted for the next couple of weeks, as the next series of “Storm MUI Side Images” are appearing on your favorite forum pages. This series of 6 colors are really not theme specific as you can simply match colors to one of your favorite theme styles, But I will tell you that the inspiration came from Faizalotai and his theme series “ADVOC”. I just fell in love with that start menu.. Font used is called “Borg 9
    Links to the other
    are located at the bottom of this post.

These modified .mui files will add pictures in selected resources alongside of your properties dialog windows such as Start Menu properties, Taskbar properties, Mouse & Keyboard properties, Sounds properties, Run properties, Folder Options properties, and a few more. The default properties window is still there, this mod just adds pictures on the side of the box which is how you get the name "Side images". These ready made files are written for English language only. Sorry.

***Before & After Screen shots***
    ***Click on screen shots for a larger view***

***Version1 is called a “Bleeding” text effect***

***Version2 is called a “Stone” text effect***

***Version3 is called a “Clear” text effect***

PLUS, the images are now packed in a new easy to use, fully tested installer so you do not have to install these the manual way. With a couple of clicks, the Installer.exe will do it for you. That’s right, I said an easy to use installer. "> That’s right, I said an easy to use installer. There’s no more hassle with replacing system files the manual way. Plus there is a Restore.exe to change the Side Images back to default.

When I made these I played with different text arrangements. Since I could not decide which version I liked best, I decided to just offer them all and let you decide. Each download has a folder for 32bit & 64 bit systems, instructions, screens, & credits. Had a lot of fun making these. Hope you have a lot of fun customizing your own operating system…

*** Credits ***
    I need to thank several men for their help with this project, but the one thing that moves me the most is the sharing attitude of everyone involved and the opportunity to be part of a community that shares their talents and designs.
    ----------
    Compliments to Razorsedge for creating the ready made .mui files. Without his hard work to modify the original files, and his permission to add my own images, I would not have made these at all. All I did was make new .bmp images and put the two together. Also some of the icons from his awesome “One Vision” icon pack were used in a few of the images.
    Virtual Customs Members-Razorsedge
    One-Vision-the-Retribution-Icon-Pack
    ----------
    Thanks again Faizal for the ADVOC theme series and the inspiration for these frames. And thanks for the help testing these.
    faizalotai‎-s-Windows-7-Themes
    ----------
    **NEWS FLASH** "> **NEWS FLASH** Life just got a little bit easier.
    Thanks to the efforts of Greg (gsw953) and his development of a new installer for my MUI Side Images. Say goodbye to the old way of manually replacing system files. Now with just a couple of clicks, you can install my new side images without any hassles or worry’s about making a mistake. Many thanks to Greg for answering the call and offering his help.
    gsw953-s-Windows-7-Themes
    ----------
    Credit go out to the very talented Vigoni for his help with the new “Storm Banners” used here. And thanks for the help testing these.
    Virtual Customs Members-Vigoni
    ----------
    The cursor images are from R-GT, thanks for his excellent work with “Juicy Cursors”.
    Juicy Cursors-R-GT
    ----------
    If anyone does not want to use this installer and would like to install these the manual way, please send me a PM.

Information
    ***REMINDER*** If you experience some of the images not appearing, you need to clear your icon cache again. There is a ".bat" file you can run and it is included in the "Extras" folder in a folder named "How-To_Rebuild_Icon_Cache".

*** Links to the other colors ***

Hail-Storm-MUI-Side-Images

Tropical-STORM-MUI-Side-Images

Thunder-STORM-MUI-Side-Imgaes

Snow-STORM-MUI-Side-Images

Fire-STORM-MUI-Side-Images

Attached Files
    Last edited by HammerJack; October 17th, 2012 at 02:39 AM.

Please Rep/Thank those who helped you!">Please Rep/Thank those who helped you!

Thread Information