Administrator

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    837 Thread(s)

Sex:

Equinox Beta 1

OK guys time for a Beta for anyone who made the switch

I have released a beta for this theme and all my system files that I have modified so far, the system files are for x64 only, do not try them on x86, I have also included a few tools to change the files but all files will have to be changed manually, you will need to take ownership of any files you want to replace and rename them, the shell32.dll may be a big problem though so leave that one till last and make a restore point before changing any system files and one before you change the shell32.dll I will try to make a proper installer for all this at some point but for now this is only for experienced users and should first be tried on VM before trying this on a live system.

I have included a program to disable the ribbon in explorer but all it does is modify the explorerframe.dll and I have already included a modified one for that as well, if you want the start menu back then please install StartIsBack, this is not a free program though and will allow you to use it for free for 30 days, after that you can pay $3 for 3 license keys that you can use on 3 computers.

Also included a Transparency program but it will not work like other full glass programs and will make the entire explorer window transparent, if you are going to try it I recommend setting the transparency no lower then 225.

There are also a few other useful little tools like a watermark remover and user picture changer, I am not sure how safe those programs are so check them with your AV before use, also included is a program I got from DA that allows you to change the start screen background that I tested today and seems to work very well.

Information
    Please do not try these files on a live machine, they are for beta testing only and should only be used on a Virtual Machine, please also make a system restore point before making any modifications

WARNING
    For Windows 8 Only!!

NOTE
    Added 4 files that were updated in Windows Update 2770917

NOTE
    Updated the gameux.dll to improve the game ratting information background, now changes with the theme

NOTE
    Updated shell32.dll to latest Windows 8 version: Uploaded 19/12/2012
    shell32.7z

Download System File Mods from Mediafire

NOTE
    Added reg file for Window Metrics (Not applied to custom Themes on Windows 8)

Aero Glass installer all in one for 32bit and 64bit OS, includes AGTweaker (ORelio) (Mod Tusticles)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mr GRiM; August 11th, 2013 at 03:45 PM.

Please do not PM me to ask for support - please use the relevant thread or forum.
    Please Post in English or at least include English Translations

Thread Information