I have some strange crash going on on my laptop.
it first happend 4 days ago and it crashed since then every day at least ones, today it has not crashed yet*but I am using linux al the time*
so basically what happens is that the sound start playing extreamly slow(think about factor 1000 slowed) and the rest just freezes up.
Then I have no choise but to hard reset it by keeping the power buton presed.
On my linux system I am runing now it also makes a strange sound sometimes but linux does not freeze up.*my linux is ubuntu 12.10*
the issues start occuring after some time 2 hours and more I would say.
My best guess would be that it must be some hardware isseu and can not be software.
but I have done a scan on my hard drive 1 week ago no errors at all and linux self test does also not give a error. so I think we can say that it can't be my hard drive.
I have check my ram with memtest86+ and also 0 errors on that one.
Since I do not see any artifects on the screen I don't think it can be my vram.
since the crashes do not necerely occur during heavy load my cpu is also unlikely.
which leaves a few things:
My sounds card, since the strange sound it does not seeme unlikely that it is that one.
(does a sound card get hot cause it only hapens after some time so it would not be unlikely that heat is building up somewhere, but my cpu, ram, gpu get at max temp in like 20min so it has to be slow heating or how you want to name it)
Some random component on the motherboard, but then it is most likely a capacitor and it that case it would only have isseus with booting.
my wifi card, verry strange but the problems start occuring at the same time as we got a new router and the windows log last error is something with wifi card.
(so the big question is here is it posible for a router to mess up a wifi card which on his turn can cause a crash, while not letting any other comp crash)
other sugestions are welcome.

and if you want more info just ask