Threaded View

Elite

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)

Sex:

Alert Infected Cookies Detected By My BitDefender IS 2013

Guys, I just wanted to bring this to everyone's attention, in light of the recent hacking of CreativX......

A few times of late, my BitDefender Internet Security 2013 has given me notices that it has quarantined various cookies that were infected while I was on VC. I researched it some, and found out that, while the cookies aren't dangerous themselves, they can allow a third-party to maybe gain access to certain things, like login-info.

Like I said, my main concern here is that VC doesn't suffer the same kind of attack that CTX did. Next time I get a notice from BDIS, I'll copy a screen-shot of it and post it here.

Update: Guys, I appreciate all the advice about how to clean my pc, but please understand that my computer is fine, my av is doing its job well (that's why it gave me the notifications)....Like I said above, I just wanted to let the staff here know so that IF there's any malicious code being ran against the site here, or someone, somehow, embedding harmful (or spyware) cookies, they might be able to nip it in the bud and not have what happened to CTX happen here!

That was my sole purpose for posting this thread. It's why I only tagged some of the big guys (staff, Admin) with this. I appreciate some of you telling me ways to protect my pc and browser, I really do, but, not meaning to be a ***** about it, I don't need ways to clean or protect my computer. It's running great, and my av is doing what it was designed to do. The cookies might even be false-positives, who knows? But CTX was BROUGHT DOWN, and quickly, by something and someone, and, even though Pierre might have been able to avoid it happening, or at least backed up the site at regular intervals, it DEVASTATED the site. I would hate to see VC done the same way. These hackers who messed-up CTX are intelligent enough to use something like a cookie if it's possible, and, from what I've been reading about cookies, it IS.

I know some of you don't like CTX, and that's fine, I don't want to get into all that noise.....and maybe some of you are GLAD that the site was hacked, whatever. But I for one hated that it happened, and would equally hate to see VC done the same way. There are some a--holes who hate VC and CTX ; just look at some of the word-battles some of us (including myself) had had at DA with some (or several) jerks about the forums. There are some who want to see both sites GONE.

Enough said.
    Last edited by YourNumbr1Fan; May 6th, 2013 at 11:25 PM.

Thread Information