Hi all

Well in running around and trying to find the time to finish these themes I had a thought creep back into my head tonite I had asked myself some time ago.

What operating system does Bill Gates use himself is he on an older windows os, one that's customized for himself personally that no one else has, could it be Mac or Linux even. Is he a Windows 7 user or was he a Windows 7 user that switched to Windows 8 what could it be?

So I did a lot of digging and saw some videos and such where he talking about Windows 8 and Windows phone and surface then I hit the jackpot....

How does Mr. Gates see windows 8 is he using it well this article tells you all about it might surprise you but after watching him talk of it in his videos I got the sense he felt they were trying to push something on to people instead of giving them options like they should have and what I can tell you is I was not wrong at all. The one comment especially he said when talking about Windows 8 in his videos that struck me to think he does not like it was "What's the point of having a touchscreen interface on a non-touchscreen computer? Doesn't that seem weird to you? We don't put clutches on automatic cars.".

Read all about what Mr. Gates thinks himself below, this confirms a bit what I have said over the last few years that it was a sad day when Mr. Gates left the running of the day to day operations of the company but what strikes me as more interesting is that after all Bill gates has done for microsoft how the current regime running microsoft can ignore him as much as they do , enjoy the article

Bill Gates Refuses Upgrade to Windows 8
Jan 07, 2013

Even as Microsoft crows about the millions of consumers adopting its tablet-friendly Windows 8 operating system, reports have emerged that Bill Gates - the software giant's founder and largest shareholder - is not among them.

In an interview with French technology magazine Micro Hebdo, America's richest man says Windows 8 is an excellent operating system, but it's just not for him.

"Look, the Surface is a great tablet, there's no doubt about that," Gates told the magazine. "I have two and use them every day. But I'm not sure why the tablet interface is forced upon desktop users."

"What's the point of having a touchscreen interface on a non-touchscreen computer? Doesn't that seem weird to you? We don't put clutches on automatic cars."

Be What's Last

Microsoft has bet heavily on the success of the new OS, which attempts to unify the world of tablet and desktop computers with a single user experience. However, critics have complained that Windows 8 sacrifices desktop usability for the sake of tablet compatibility.

Gates himself says that although he's using Windows 8 as a tablet systeem, he's refused offers to upgrade from Windows 7 in the desktop environment.

"Yeah, the IT guys over at Microsoft keep sending me free copies of Windows 8 for my ultrabook. But honestly I don't see the point. I'd lose my start menu and have to keep switching between the interfaces."

"It's not that Windows 8 is a bad operating system. Conceptually, it's actually quite brilliant. But I grew up in the PC era, and I'm more comfortable with the traditional windowed environment."

"I encourage everyone looking for a new tablet or a touch-enabled notebook to upgrade to Windows 8. But if you're already on Windows 7, I would wait until Windows 9 to upgrade, by which time some of these kinks will have been worked out."

Gates founded Microsoft in 1979 and oversaw its rise to the top of the global software industry. He semi-retired from the company in 2006 to focus on his charitable foundation, but still maintains the title of chairman.

article page: https://dailycurrant.com/2013/01/07/b...ade-windows-8/