Thread: Mod in a Week // "APASF: CP London Edition" (Update: 1st Day Completed)

Threaded View

Skilled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    28 Thread(s)

Sex:

Mod in a Week // "APASF: CP London Edition" (Update: Campus Party)

Hi Everyone,

So I have a few projects in the cooking stages which I mostly work on when I get time to do so. That said, I will be going to the Campus Party Europe 2013 in the O2 Arena in London and I haven´t made a mod in a week project since Fallout Cause SP back at the end of 2011. I´ve just come out of an awfull illness based weekend and 7 days from now I´ll be flying to the UK to the campus, to give a couple of speeches, do some work at the modding workshop and generally have a great time and hopefully meet a bunch of you.

So it seems like the perfect time to go about doing one of these Mod in a Week projects, to be specific, a version of my latest main project APASF which got MOTM here on bit-tech last June-July (don´t exactly remember right now) and featured in the CustomPC so it seemed appropiate.

Because I need to keep it relatively simple in order to be able to start today and complete it within a week, I have to throw all major modifications out the window but this does not mean lack of detailing.

For any of you that have followed my previous Mod in a Week projects, this is how it works. I start today and go on through 7 days, posting one or more updates per day on here, suggestions are VERY welcomed but have in mind that anything suggested has to be something doable within the timeframe.

In terms of help, my friends from ASUS Ibérica (Ibérica = Spain & Portugal) are helping out with whatever they have avaliable at the time, as this has been a very last minute thing, which is a Maximus V Gene-Z (which is not ideal for a fulll sized case but it´s still an awesome piece of kit) and the cool guys from Cooler Master are helping out with a PSU (no idea which yet), originally I planned to use a CM 690 II Black & White edition which they where also going to help with, unfortunately due to time limitations, they can´t get one in time so I managed to find a "normal" CM 690. I´ve decided on this case because it´s shape and features adapt very well to the design I have in mind.

-----------------------------
    END OF PROJECT EDIT:

Unfortunately products from ASUS and CM did not arrive in time and when the asus motherboard came I had to send it back due to being damaged on arrival (what is going on with delivery services around here!?).

Instead, I used products sponsored to other projects or won in contests while making sure it was ok to do so.

So! Thanks Gigabyte for the Z77X-UP7!

Thanks Kingston for the SSDs and RAM!

Thanks Corsair for the TX650-M PSU!

Thanks Lamptron for the FC10 SE!

Thanks Mayhems for the 2Ltr bottles of pastel white and the dyes!

And Special thanks to ASUS and Cooler Master for trying to get the products to me in time, no matter what!

END OF PROJECT EDIT:

Right so, wish me luck! The project starts NOW and will finish with final pictures at the Campus Party Europe event in a weeks time. I will be posting updates later on today (I´m now off to buy paints and supplies).
    Last edited by Luciel; September 10th, 2013 at 04:49 PM.

Thread Information