Threaded View

VC Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Sex:

911 GT3 CUSTOM

Hey guys. It's been a long time since I have posted here and I have a lot of threads to catch up on. I recently did some more college classes which I think I failed both classes this semester meaning I may have to pay all that money back...but something clicked in my mind saying I don't even care anymore. I wanna play with computer hardware because it's so much fun. So While I deal with that I would like to present to you a project in the works I like to call the 911 GT3 CUSTOM.

I recently got a job at a place called computer wizards (Yes, I AM a wizard now) and in the back room they had a computer case that was made to resemble a car. It has LED lights on the front and little yellow reflector turn signals too. So I thought about it and Now I wanna make this look like a custom sports car. So I took a look at the case, built it and started spewing out ideas for it.

I decided to theme it after the porsche 911 GT3 because this case resembles a Porsche. While not a high end Porsche just yet, i aim to change that with some stuff I plan on buying in the future for it.
    So let me show what the theme and inspiration will be from:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...n_SoHo_NYC.jpg
    (link due to size).

and now i present to you the computer case in question that I would like to present: *NOTE: I will change the way this first post is laid out when I am not at work and set this to actually show the pictures nicely*

Now you can see why I want to do this project. So after spit balling some ideas and looking around amazon for internals that would fit the the I ended up finding some new toys have been released since my last serious build/custom rig. (project Phoenix for those who might remember).

This is what got the ball rolling and the theme is now set to go for this.
    https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-...I2SP1PN1VSMA85
    https://www.amazon.com/Porsche-Emblem...=I4JE5SPGCOGF8

Here is a list of stuff I am looking to use for this build but I wanted your input on a few things:
    Motherboard: Asus Gene V ROG (the one in my current computer. I am gonna use that one and give my rig the formula or rampage)
    CPU: Intel i3 2120 (I am gonna try and save money and use a non functioning computer from our back room that has this CPU in it already)
    Corsair Vengeance RAM (unsure of what color to use)
    Carbon Fiber Vinyl wrap
    Modular power supply

we have spare HDDs around that I can use and I have a windows 7 code to use so I am covered on that. But what I wanted an opinion on what what kind of lighting would I want in it.
    Would you suggest I do Red LEDs because they look neat or would you say White? I wanted a red and black theme but I remembered my Project Phoenix build and the amount of red was rather much and I thought it took away from the overall cleanliness of the case because of the kind of Glare you get. But I have seen so many builds that use white LEDs that look so awesome and I think it would make the red and black theme pop more if I kept the case clean. Also, carbon fiber seems to like any kind of LED on it so it's just a bonus depending on where I put it..

as for the ram: What kind of ram would you say. I'm not looking for massive performance as this is going to be a work computer (until I leave then that sucker is mine!). but I was unsure if I wanted red or black corsair vengeance ram. I want red to go with the theme but I want black because it gives more of a GT sportscar look to me.

I plan on spraypainting the case a nice metallic black using a can of perfect match car paint to give it that authentic look of a porsche sportscar.

also a note: this sucker can only hold 80MM fans. It's not that big of a case and is quite old so it wasn't made with massive build styles in mind.

GPU: what should I use? Not for performance but more for looks. I know any GPU that looks awesome will perform great because it kinds comes with the territory or being a sexy looking GPU.

any help is appreciated and as soon as I get this started I will be back posting pictures for progress.
    Last edited by 2635599; October 12th, 2013 at 05:25 PM. Reason: fixed 4 images, sizes are ok

Thread Information