Elite

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)

Sex:

Lightbulb Bitdefender products Free Upgrades for Licensed Users

(Feb.9, 2014)

While typing in a query last night as to why my Bitdefender Internet Security flagged the NTUSER.DAT file on my hd as having a virus, I came across the info (@ Bitdefender Forum) that the product has released a free upgrade for all BD products to licensed users. This may be old news to some, but it was new to me. One thing I've noticed about Bitdefender is that it's a great product, but the developers seem to be a mite lacking in communication-skills; users have to manually search for some hotfixes and upgrade-info, rather than the product simply automatically taking care of these things....

Anyway, the upgrades have several bug-fixes (including the flagging of the harmless and necessary NTUSER file I mentioned) , plus a newer overall design. I'm also noticing with mine that the issues I had been having with updates seem to be fixed. (Over the past couple of months I'd gotten update-errors half the time.)

If you're still using your store-bought disk from maybe months ago, the free upgrade requires you to download a new installer (see linkage below).

Attachment 66292Attachment 66293

As you can see, this capture is what the new BD Internet Security suite looks like, with it's metro-ish interface. Not sure if all the other products got a matching face-lift, but I'd imagine they have. This thing where everyone is getting the metro-look reminds me of how so many movies keep coming out with the found-footage (FF) scenario; after the Blair Witch movie, they were EVERYWHERE. And still are. Same thing with the metro ui. I never thought Bitdefender looked all that hot anyway, but this drawn cartoon look isn't a vast improvement to the ui, right? Oh well. What counts is product-improvement, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.....So far, so good.

Information
    To upgrade your product, follow the directions and links given here: https://forum.bitdefender.com/index.p...ce&f=138&id=42

(ps): even though this person, Christian, states--in the linked thread at Bitdefender Forum--that the new installer for your product will auto-retrieve your license key, I had to manually add mine, so have your key ready when you finish the un-installation of the old product and are ready to install the new version.
    Last edited by YourNumbr1Fan; February 10th, 2014 at 07:55 AM.

Thread Information