Hi, so I'm hoping someone out there can possibly help me, because this is driving me absolutely crazy. I have NO idea when or why it happened, but I've used software (the same I ALWAYS use & have used with no problems before) to change my folder backgrounds, and it's always worked for me just fine, but several months ago at some point, for no reason I'm aware of, the backgrounds stopped displaying. I haven't had time to troubleshoot this until now, but when I try to google this issue, I don't come up with much at all, especially because it thinks internet explorer is somehow relevant to the query.
What's very very odd, is I was going through the folder options & turned off the "show compressed & encrypted NTFS files/folders in color", suddenly they came back....but it lasted only about 20 minutes, before randomly & mysteriously vanishing again. I use Windows 7, have theme files patched, all the .ini folder files are still there & I'm using a custom theme, though this never was a problem before. I also use ESET NOD32, if that is helpful information at all. 64 bit system. I would be so grateful to anyone who can help me with this!