Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows 10 Technical Preview (Build 9841) Is Now Available For Download! Share

Skilled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    29 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Cheers for the links

Ran around this morning like a chook without a head. Gaming PC = in a million pieces (updating the entire systems tubing - from Tygon rubber tubing, to acrylic "glass" like tubing) Brand new laptop is at ASUS Repair Center because one of the speakers crapped itself AND the headphone stopped working ...
    To fix this? ASUS are replacing the entire motherboard. Should have it back by tomorrow.

That leaves me with the wife's MacBook (which I'm on right now, and have been since Monday) and her Windows XP machine in her office. So I log in just now and see the download links, quickly log into Microsoft and shoot back here for direct download link and start downloading. Then I think to myself, I don't really trust this Mac, so I race off to her office and same process again and start downloading it on her XP machine too. Just to be sure I get it.

Two copies ought to do it

And by the I haven't even finished typing this post, they've both downloaded already. Gotta love the speedy Microsoft servers. Aint no way I'll have the gaming rig up and running anytime soon, this acrylic tubing aint no easy thing. Making the bends and getting measurements EXACTLY right is proving more difficult than I imagined it would be. Plus being a sick perfectionist, its going to be a while before the gaming beast is up and running. Hopefully I get the call from ASUS today or tomorrow at the latest to pick up the laptop so I can install this preview.

So Microsoft want some honest customer feedback? They'll get that from me, I hope its not a bunch of bs and they really do listen.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    51 Thread(s)

Sex:
    my comp has little to no ram left anyways tbh. and since the windows 8 consumer preview i tested on my old laptop, which was a much better brand than this crappy gateway, crashed it beyond repair, than i feel safer just waiting for the official release. plus, i'm still not sure if this computer really is 'completely' fixed. I simply haven't had any issues since deciding not to reinstall that aero glass mod i had upon discovering it was a cracked mod. And with this computers history, that doesn't always last long

“A book is a mirror. If an ass peers into it, it doesn't expect an apostle to peer out.” ― E.M. Forster

For those interested, feel free to visit my DeviantArt page http://darkwater409.deviantart.com/

Elite

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    451 Thread(s)

Sex:
    well i stuck the enterprise version in vm and i really think i would of been happier with a steaming pile of dog shit. no control panel to speak of. if it's there it's buried much deeper than it is in 8-8.1.1. they did remove the charm bar as they said they would. i personally use it. it does make for faster navigation on some items. windows update is that stupid fullscreen pile of crap that you can't do anything else while it's running. if it's that way you can bet the other startscreen apps are the same way. what happened to the windowed mode for them that we we suppose to get with 9(10)? as for that wallpaper you see the first time you land on the desktop i would of rather seen a image of justin bieber's anus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    51 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr GRiM View Post
    I am just testing on VMWare you can download a free version of VM Player to use for personal use https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/fre...are_player/6_0
    Decided to try it out, just one question. When setting up the Virtual Machine through the ISO file. Do I set it to Microsoft Windows > MS-DOS, Microsoft Windows > Other 64-bit, or is there a different setting I have to use?

Sincerely,
    Darkwater409
    Last edited by Nimbi; 10-04-2014 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Edited because I'm an idiot, lol

“A book is a mirror. If an ass peers into it, it doesn't expect an apostle to peer out.” ― E.M. Forster

For those interested, feel free to visit my DeviantArt page http://darkwater409.deviantart.com/

Super Moderator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    570 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkwater409 View Post
    Decided to try it out, just one question. When setting up the Virtual Machine through the ISO file. Do I set it to Microsoft Windows > MS-DOS, Microsoft Windows > Other 64-bit, or is there a different setting I have to use?

Sincerely,
    Darkwater409

Set it up as if it was windows 8

Super Moderator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    570 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Well with help from Grim here is my setup at the moment on windows 10.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information