Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unable to patch system files with Windowblinds 8 installed ? Share

Skilled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sex:

Unable to patch system files with Windowblinds 8 installed ?

Hi guys, a couple of days ago I restored system files and installed Windowblinds 8, just to give it a try. Now I want to patch system files again, but it looks no possible after restart I'm unable to access Windows. So I need to boot in safe mode, restore system files and restart again.
    I guess I have to uninstall Windowblinds 8 to get everything working fine, even if Windowblind 8 is not loaded and no skin is applied to access Windows with patched files is not possible.
    Anyone knows if there is a way to patch system files (Universal Theme Patcher)and keep Windowblinds 8 installed ?

Thanks

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    146 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Thanks One Man Army. I did an sfc/scannow about a week ago, but didn't repatch with Uxstyle. I'll do that and hopefully it works.

Skilled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Thanks all but I think MOST_WANTED is right, it's not possible to use "Windowblinds" and "3rd party customization" at the same time. A choice is required, one or another

Super Moderator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    570 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shemhamforash View Post
    Thanks One Man Army. I did an sfc/scannow about a week ago, but didn't repatch with Uxstyle. I'll do that and hopefully it works.

Ya. I would just run the scan and then repatch and see if that fixes the issue. I have a feeling windows blinds changed something in your system that is conflicting with your ability to use themes. Its always safe to just run the SFC /scannow and try fresh. Hope it helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    146 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by ONE MAN ARMY View Post
    Open Command Prompt as admin, Type SFC /scannow Wait for the scan to finish. Reboot your comp. then repaatch your system with uxstyle. Apply theme.
    So, I did what you instructed. Ran the sfc/scannow as admin, rebooted when prompted, uninstalled Uxstyle, then reinstalled after rebooting again. I'm still getting the error where after going from shut down I can't change the themes. One thing to note is that I haven't installed windowblinds, just have windowfx from stardock, sorry for not clarifying that.

Super Moderator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    570 Thread(s)

Sex:
    So, I did what you instructed. Ran the sfc/scannow as admin, rebooted when prompted, uninstalled Uxstyle, then reinstalled after rebooting again. I'm still getting the error where after going from shut down I can't change the themes. One thing to note is that I haven't installed windowblinds, just have windowfx from stardock, sorry for not clarifying that.

Well. Not sure whats going on my friend. Hopefully someone has the answer. If it was me in your position. I would just backup everything I wanted on a External HD and Then do a clean install and start fresh. Not sure if this is an option for you. I tend to keep everything important on my external anyway. So doing clean install for me is pretty simple. Be patient though. Grim was tagged in this thread so hopefully he will come on soon and have an answer for you. Sorry I was not able to help.

Skilled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    29 Thread(s)

Sex:
    The way I was able to change themes was first change the metric.reg file by using Default Windows 8.1 Aero Metrics.reg (which should always be in the EXTRAS folder of any theme you download from this site) Then select a Windows Default Theme in Personalize. Let that theme load, and reboot system. Once reboot finish, go to Personalize again and select a different theme. This is the process I must use in order to change themes in Windows 8.
    Hope it works for you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information