Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unable to patch system files with Windowblinds 8 installed ? Share

Skilled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sex:

Unable to patch system files with Windowblinds 8 installed ?

Hi guys, a couple of days ago I restored system files and installed Windowblinds 8, just to give it a try. Now I want to patch system files again, but it looks no possible after restart I'm unable to access Windows. So I need to boot in safe mode, restore system files and restart again.
    I guess I have to uninstall Windowblinds 8 to get everything working fine, even if Windowblind 8 is not loaded and no skin is applied to access Windows with patched files is not possible.
    Anyone knows if there is a way to patch system files (Universal Theme Patcher)and keep Windowblinds 8 installed ?

Thanks

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Banned

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    451 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Ghost Rider i'm going to go out on a limb here and say i think your problem might be that wb8 has to patch the system in it's own way to allow it's themes to work. if this is the case i would think you would have problems using uxthemepatcher. now what grim uses uxstyle might work better for you. i'll tag a couple of peeps to see what they think.

Super Moderator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    570 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Ya not sure either. I never use Windows Blinds. But if I was in your position. I would open cmd as admin run SFC /scannow
    let that scan after its done reboot. Then repatch your system using uxstyle Like Dude the Nude Said and Try that. Running that scan should set all your system files back to Default so it will give you a fresh start.

Pro Designer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    252 Thread(s)

Sex:
    windowblinds has its own stuff that conflicts with other 3rd party customizations. in my win 7 i had to choose to either use "windowsblinds" or "3rd party tools patches and themes found in here". keep one, uninstall the other

so i would recommend u remove your windowsblinds before repatching your windows
    Last edited by MOST_WASTED; 10-21-2014 at 10:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    148 Thread(s)

Sex:
    I don't mean to derail the thread, but I have a question about Uxstyle, so it's kind of related. I've noticed that since I changed from Ultraux back to Uxstyle, that on boot I can't change the themes. It's similar to Idle's problem where he had the theme files in the proper position, but the other theme stays on (for me, just the wallpaper and sound scheme changes). After booting up from shut down this happens, if I do a reboot, the themes change properly. It doesn't work to change to default theme before applying a custom theme. I installed Uxstyle a while ago, before updating to 8.1. Is it a good idea to reinstall Uxstyle, and is it safe to uninstall and reboot to Windows in default theme with custom themes still in Windows\Resources?

Super Moderator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    570 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shemhamforash View Post
    I don't mean to derail the thread, but I have a question about Uxstyle, so it's kind of related. I've noticed that since I changed from Ultraux back to Uxstyle, that on boot I can't change the themes. It's similar to Idle's problem where he had the theme files in the proper position, but the other theme stays on (for me, just the wallpaper and sound scheme changes). After booting up from shut down this happens, if I do a reboot, the themes change properly. It doesn't work to change to default theme before applying a custom theme. I installed Uxstyle a while ago, before updating to 8.1. Is it a good idea to reinstall Uxstyle, and is it safe to uninstall and reboot to Windows in default theme with custom themes still in Windows\Resources?

Open Command Prompt as admin, Type SFC /scannow Wait for the scan to finish. Reboot your comp. then repaatch your system with uxstyle. Apply theme.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information