Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: 10 GNU/Linux Distributions Worth Checking Out Share

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    55 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Is there a version of Manjaro that fully supports AMD gfx? I remember Linux and AMD didn't get along very well when I was testing the different flavors of Ubuntu .

I'll have to install it through USB for sure now though as someone stole my external disc drive while I was waiting for my father to bring my PC to me from AZ. [Even had to buy a new USB Wi-Fi dongle since the thief also stole that.....]
    Last edited by Nimbi; 08-04-2018 at 06:36 PM.

'The world is but a canvas to our imagination" - Henry David Thoreau

Social
    mastodon.cloud ~ Twitter ~ YouTube
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    154 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimbi View Post
    Is there a version of Manjaro that fully supports AMD gfx? I remember Linux and AMD didn't get along very well when I was testing the different flavors of Ubuntu .

I'll have to install it through USB for sure now though as someone stole my external disc drive while I was waiting for my father to bring my PC to me from AZ. [Even had to buy a new USB Wi-Fi dongle since the thief also stole that.....]
    I've not installed with those drivers but I'll refer you to this link about AMD drivers on the arch wiki: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php...U#Installation

For a more customizable install I would recommend https://manjaro.org/get-manjaro/ the Manjaro-Architect ISO edition. I just installed this with MATE in Virtualbox. I wouldn't recommend a full system install

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    55 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shemhamforash View Post
    I've not installed with those drivers but I'll refer you to this link about AMD drivers on the arch wiki: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php...U#Installation

For a more customizable install I would recommend https://manjaro.org/get-manjaro/ the Manjaro-Architect ISO edition. I just installed this with MATE in Virtualbox. I wouldn't recommend a full system install
    Awesome, ty. Also I recently noticed that Ubuntu 18.04 LTS has support for AMD Drivers now =) so hopefully Manjaro Arcitect will as well =)

I'll try it as soon as I can get a large enough USB stick to install it with. [definitely give it a virtualbox install first though ]

'The world is but a canvas to our imagination" - Henry David Thoreau

Social
    mastodon.cloud ~ Twitter ~ YouTube

Skilled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex:
    hey Shem are you up to a few question? a little over a week ago i installed kde neon and am loving it for the most part. i chose it over kubuntu cause in kubunu discover can hang from time to time from what i've seen. matter of fact i've been so happy that i haven't gone back to the win 10 install in about 4 days. with that said let me know if you're up to answering a few questions. i'm asking here cayuse the majority i have now are questions about customizing and tweaking the look and feel. thanks in advance for any help and or suggestion you may give.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    154 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
    hey Shem are you up to a few question? a little over a week ago i installed kde neon and am loving it for the most part. i chose it over kubuntu cause in kubunu discover can hang from time to time from what i've seen. matter of fact i've been so happy that i haven't gone back to the win 10 install in about 4 days. with that said let me know if you're up to answering a few questions. i'm asking here cayuse the majority i have now are questions about customizing and tweaking the look and feel. thanks in advance for any help and or suggestion you may give.
    Hi, I am downloading the iso now for kde neon to install in vbox. Plasma is a great desktop environment, kde seems to always have had more than enough customization tweaks, which sometimes makes them hard to find. I would like to go back to using Linux but now there are too many proprietary programs I'm using.

Skilled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex:
    yea i get that for a lot of people. i myself won't entirely get rid of windows, cause i work on too many friends pcs and need the apps i have for windows or i need to test out something they want to install. my main things in neon are hiding desktop icons, creating links / shortcuts that don't break(i've dragged things to a shortcuts folder and chose link here, renamed, clicked and ran fine, then after a few uses clicking the item opens a text editor instead of the item the shortcut is linked to), and lastly getting the browser and email client to remember how i had it sized when i click to them smaller to be able to view something else.

EDIT: here's what i have so fat on customization. theme, wallpaper, icons and cursors already changed to my liking. have the main panel / taskbar set to my liking and locked. the second image is what i' talking about with shrinking a full screen program. now in window if i shrink the browser to half the screen,expand it back to full screen, clod the browser, relaunch the browser, shrink it down again it will remember how i had it sized the last time i shrank it. at least in neon it does not, seems to have it's own default.

Last edited by Grim Reaper; 1 Week Ago at 08:53 PM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information