Quote Originally Posted by razorsedge View Post
ark22 2 things

Before you installed theme resource changer had you used any kind of start orb changer in the past like the one that angel960 mentioned if so you need to use that app to set the orb back to the default one first then uninstall the app as those applicatios will have a hold over the explorer.exe and won't let you change it by just applying the theme like theme resource changer does.

Second thing would be what themes are you using because they have to be setup to use theme resource changer to have the orb switch when you apply the theme. I have a tutorial here https://virtualcustoms.net/showthread...source-changer but basically what there has to be is a folder inside the theme folder with the name explorer.exe and the start orb images inside it as png's.

Theme resource changer is much better then the app that angel posted (sorry angel ) or any app like that as the big difference is that theme resource changer does not make any edits to system files as in explorer.exe or explorerframe.dll or shell32.dll it applies the images using system memory so your system files are left untouched and images are changed by just simply switching the theme as opposed to switching a theme then editing all those system files for images making it much simpler and easier
Something like that happened to me. I installed Alienware Blue Skinpack. Then, I was fortunate enough to discover really cool themes by razorsedge. Installed Star Trek & fell in love with it. (among others). Then, started getting an Alienware extras download pop up forcibly downloading apps every time I ran ccleaner. I uninstalled the Skinpack & it took my cool Star Trek orb. I tried every thing I could think of, but the only thing that worked was reinstalling the Skinpack and blocking it in my Firewall. I'll be sure to go over the tutorial here in this post.
Thanks.