This is why I have my Windows 7 version setup the way I have since the beginning.

Ever since I installed Windows 7 I have had the auto updates off once every month I do my updates from Microsoft update manually and I read what every update is for and does in the OS and I only install the ones that are needed for my setup.

If you actually took the time to check out all the updates MS tries to throw out you would be shocked at how many updates are not needed ( depending on how your os is setup ) and just bloat down the operating system.

Since Windows 10 got it's release date before it was even out MS was pushing updates on Windows 7 and Windows 8 and 8.1 users that ease the install of Windows 10 to your current system and if you did not read and check out what the updates were and not going to install Windows 10 then you were just installing a ton of bloat that your OS did not need. They even started to try and trick you into installing those ease of upgrade updates by not not telling you in the update description what the updates really did.

That's why it's always good to check what each update is for before you install any update on the os, I won't ever change my way of leaving updates off and doing them myself I don't need unnecessary updates being forced on my system to bloat it down when it's already bloated down enough out of the box