Thread: Uxstyle and Theme Signature Bypass for Windows 10 TH2 AKA 1511 AKA 10586

Threaded View

Administrator

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    837 Thread(s)

Sex:

Uxstyle and Theme Signature Bypass for Windows 10 TH2 AKA 1511 AKA 10586

Uxstyle and Theme Signature Bypass for Windows 10 TH2 AKA 1511 AKA 10586

Good news I was able to find an alternative to using patched system files from the RTM build
    Doing it this way you can use as many styles as you like with Uxstyle or Theme Signature Bypass.

1. Rename the default C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\aero\aerolite.msstyles to aerolite.msstyles.bak
    2. Make a new folder in C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\aero\ called aerolite.msstyles
    3. Put your theme in the aerolite.msstyles folder C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\aero\aerolite.msstyles\My Theme\My Theme.msstyles
    4. Make sure your .theme file uses this new directory.
    5. Select your theme from the personalization menu.

So now you just use the aerolite.msstyles folder as the normal theme folder and you can have as many themes as you like.

Note that if you do sfc/scannow or if you do a large Windows update to say Rs1 the themes will most likely be lost, so keep a backup of your themes.

Not sure what that would result in, I guess it would just fall back to using the aerolite theme which could be a good thing as these large updates seem to break any older themes anyway.

Important!!! Only use themes made for Windows 10 TH2 AKA 1511 AKA 10586 older themes will break your system.

UxStyle
    For Windows 10 Technical Preview (0.2.4.2)

Quote Originally Posted by angel960 View Post
    thank you Mr GRiM
    just a question.
    This option would replace use this method?
    Yes it does, you don't need patched files to use this uxstyle method, plus not sure about the rest of you but with that crappy UltraUxThemePatcher I had only black squares for my themes instead of the wallpaper and logo, now that patch is removed my personalization menu looks nice again.

Quote Originally Posted by MatG-DK View Post
    Maybe a stupid question, but is it safe to "undo" the patcing method where we replaced "themeui.dll" "uxinit.dll" and "uxtheme.dll" and restore them with the original ones?
    And how do i make the themes work from the "C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\aero\aerolite.msstyles\My Theme\" folder?
    Yes you can unistall the old patching method, thats exactly what I did, I had to remove the patched files and rename the .bak files manually though, for some reason the uninstaller didn't work on 2 of the files.

To use this method create the aerolite.msstyles folder and then place all your existing themes in it.

Then with your .theme files you will have to edit them to point to the new location, I used notepad++ and dumped all my .theme files in aside from the default aero.theme theme1.theme and theme2.theme into notepad++

Then you need to use the replace tool

Replace "Themes\" with "Themes\aero\aerolite.msstyles\"

Use the replace all in all open documents

Quote Originally Posted by bibi View Post
    I finally figured it out!

Looks like my issue was that the .theme files from the themes I am using are slightly different from yours. For example, the line Path=%ResourceDir%\Themes\Penumbra 10\Penumbra 10.msstyles didn't change with replacing resources\themes with resources\themes\aero\aerolite.msstyles.
    I checked all my .themes files manually to make sure all theme\my theme directories were changed correctly and now it works

Thank you Mr GRiM!!
    Now open the personalization menu and select your theme.

Might also be a good idea to make a folder called backups and save all your original files there

For anyone having problems editing the .theme files here are all of mine for my released themes so far.
    Last edited by Mr GRiM; February 11th, 2016 at 07:40 PM.

Please do not PM me to ask for support - please use the relevant thread or forum.
    Please Post in English or at least include English Translations

Thread Information