Threaded View

VC Ambassador

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    280 Thread(s)

Sex:

Windows Spotlight wallpapers

If your like me, a wallpaper freek, currently I have over 5GB of desktop wallpaper sized images saved on a partitioned drive, literally thousands of images accumulated over the years and have just added 170 more.
    I take no credit for this as I just got it from Daves Computer Tips and just wanted to share it here at VC........

Windows 10 includes a variety of brilliant Lock Screen background images which are added to periodically to form what is known as the “Spotlight” collection of images, My Windows 10 system currently has some of these images saved in a special folder:
    C:\Users\Your Username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets
    But, the images are not viewable directly from within their default location. In order to open/view and use the images elsewhere, you’d need to copy and paste them into a new folder (e.g. in the Pictures directory) and then rename them all with the .jpg extension. This can be tedious and a big pain in the butt.

However, MajorGeeks has made all 170 of these awesome 1920 x 1080 images available as JPEGs in a single download. All you need do is download the 126.3MB zip folder from MajorGeeks here: https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/deta...allpapers.html, and extract the contents. You can then not only easily open and view the images but also use the collection as rotating background wallpaper.

I have to say that this just made my morning, like I said, I am always on the hunt for that "perfect" desktop wallpaper and I have been admiring some of the images used on Windows spotlight lately, now I have them all and now you can too!

I want to thank Jim Hiller over at Dave's Computer Tips for this great find!

Last edited by Dark Knight; March 9th, 2016 at 12:44 PM.

https://darkknight2264.deviantart.com/

I believe in karma which means I can say all the bad things I want to you and just assume that you deserve it.

Thread Information