Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Venom Green 10 Theme FOR TH2 AKA 1511 AKA 10586 Only!!!! Share

Nicely Done

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sex:

Venom Green 10 Theme FOR TH2 AKA 1511 AKA 10586 Only!!!!

Venom Green + Aero Version Editeted by me
    I found this theme on internet, its very similiar mr grim toxic but little more matte color

its saying made by rbn4u ( I just fixed some things )

Venom Green.rar

Dont forgot to use SiB, OldNewExplorer, AeroGlass and Uxstyle or Uxtheme ^^

(tested on last version TH2 586.218. Sorry for everything if i did wrong was my 1st theme post ^^
    Last edited by nicely; 04-27-2016 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Ficed: Apply theme with automatic original Orb
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    153 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by freak69ize View Post
    I modify ppls work all the time. I just dont upload it if they have a problem with it. I remember seeing a post from a long time back where Grim said that he liked seeing how ppl modify his themes to come up with something different. I have a blue version of Poison that i found on the net that i ported to 10.. just not gonna upload it .. unless Grim doesnt care. Anyways i think this theme looks good.. i just dont like green.
    Fair enough I didn't really mean modifying work's not allowed or cool but it's just better to check with the author first. Both Grim and the author of the WIndows 7 theme weren't asked. I also know the post you're talking about and I think I would feel the same way if I had designed graphics and themes like that and people put effort into making something different from it to personalize it in their own way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    55 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    I don't mean to sound harsh , really, I don't BUT with that being said .......

For years we have all been held to a standard at Virtual Customs, without question, and it has worked. Virtual Customs is a themeing community unlike no other. Everything uploaded here can be trusted without question and none of us, let me repeat, NONE OF US, post anyone else's work without permission, especially when it comes to themes, we all look out for one another whether it be here at Virtual Customs or on other forums.

Understanding that this is his/her first post but they do have a 25 post count and have been a member here since 2013, so with that being said, they should already know the rule(s), not being able to understand or read English is not even an excuse, I visit other non English sites everyday with the help of a translator. The only reason I can see for not knowing the rules is unless for the past three years all they have been doing is coming and taking what is offered for free without bothering to read the rules and leaving. Besides if we let one member get away with it eventually everyone wants the same treatment and what we have thereafter is chaos.

I would never dream of posting someone else's theme work without their permission, and if I could not get it for whatever reason I would just refrain from posting it.

I know my tag shows that I have been a member here not much longer than nicely, don't let that fool you, I have been a member here MUCH, MUCH, longer than that, when Grim switched from the old site to this one I was forced to re-join because for whatever reason my ID did not transfer, and I say this because the rules have always been the same and have never changed.
    I understand what you're saying, and to be honest it was the reason I asked if he had permission to post this. Simply put he seems like a nice guy and I find it hard to believe that he intentionally broke any rules. I don't like to see people get into trouble for breaking such rules, especially when it's unintentional. I'm actually rooting for him getting proper permission to keep this one posted, because he seems to have some damn good talent with this. I can see him making a name for himself here on VC for porting themes over.

Hopefully Mr GRiM will give him permission to keep this one up, because he did a great job on this and I would love to see him being able to post more ports.

'The world is but a canvas to our imagination" - Henry David Thoreau

VC Ambassador

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    253 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkwater409 View Post
    I understand what you're saying, and to be honest it was the reason I asked if he had permission to post this. Simply put he seems like a nice guy and I find it hard to believe that he intentionally broke any rules. I don't like to see people get into trouble for breaking such rules, especially when it's unintentional. I'm actually rooting for him getting proper permission to keep this one posted, because he seems to have some damn good talent with this. I can see him making a name for himself here on VC for porting themes over.

Hopefully Mr GRiM will give him permission to keep this one up, because he did a great job on this and I would love to see him being able to post more ports.
    I really don't see Grim being a hard nose about it, but on the other side f the coin I doubt he gave permission to the original artist in the first place which is why it was probably removed from the DA site. nicely is just caught in the middle, downloading and offering what he thought was innocently made by someone else.

The talent is there, he just needs to be made aware how to cultivate that talent legally.

Visit My Deviant Art Page : http://darkknight2264.deviantart.com/

I believe in karma which means I can say all the bad things I want to you and just assume that you deserve it.

Administrator

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    739 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Hi guys, yes it is a mix of the original Poison style and Toxic that was not my original design anyway, the original design for poison was inspired by a Stardock Window blinds theme called Venom by vStyler.

I never used any of his resources but I pretty much recreated the style on WSB, mainly because I wanted to see if I could, anyway there was a big fuss about it on DA years ago as I had never asked permission from Vstyler to post it and I changed a few bits to make it a bit more original and that's the Poison theme you guys have today.

We all make mistakes, I was new to the whole themeing stuff and pretty much forums and groups in general, I guess I should of known better but just didn't think much of it at the time.

As for this port, I really don't mind, it's not a problem for me, the only thing it looks like was done to this theme was de-branding it and recoloring Poison or using some of the green images from Toxic, aside from the lighting bolt instead of an arrow on the all programs button.
    Last edited by Mr GRiM; 04-28-2016 at 06:34 AM.

Please do not PM me to ask for support - please use the relevant thread or forum.
    Please Post in English or at least include English Translations

VC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

WOW Absolutely beautiful...Any chance you could do a Blue and Pink one as well please?

Nicely Done

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by chr1s65 View Post
    WOW Absolutely beautiful...Any chance you could do a Blue and Pink one as well please?
    sure but after May, when I returned from vacation

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information