Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about Windows 10 build updates/upgrades after July 29th, 2016

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    61 Thread(s)

Sex:

Question Question about Windows 10 build updates/upgrades after July 29th, 2016

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this but I want to confirm this real quick. I was wondering, will current Windows 10 users continue to receive free build updates/upgrades even after the free upgrade offer from Windows 7/8.1 to Windows 10 officially ends? I ask because if not then I'm going to be severely pissed.
    Last edited by 2635599; June 29th, 2016 at 11:40 AM.

'The world is but a canvas to our imagination" - Henry David Thoreau

Administrator

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    837 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkwater409 View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this but I want to confirm this real quick. I was wondering, will current Windows 10 users continue to receive free build updates/upgrades even after the free upgrade offer from Windows 7/8.1 to Windows 10 officially ends? I ask because if not then I'm going to be severely pissed.
    Yes you will continue to get updates and new builds for the life of Windows 10, insiders will also still continue to get new builds as long as they stay insiders.
    Last edited by 2635599; June 29th, 2016 at 11:40 AM.

Please do not PM me to ask for support - please use the relevant thread or forum.
    Please Post in English or at least include English Translations

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    61 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Okay, thanks. That's definitely a chip off my back, .
    Last edited by 2635599; June 29th, 2016 at 11:41 AM.

'The world is but a canvas to our imagination" - Henry David Thoreau

Banned

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    451 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Darkwater409 any chance of you not using purple? it's hard to read on a black background. thanks

VC Ambassador

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    280 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkwater409 View Post
    Yes, your free updates and upgrades will be good for the life of the OS, or should I say the life of the system that it is registered to, provided you upgrade before the July 29, 2016 deadline.

For those that are hell bent on NOT upgrading you can now decline the free upgrade offer in your Windows Updates, read more here: You can now decline the Windows 10 free upgrade offer

On a similar note Microsoft has leaked the released date of the Anniversay Update according to the source the release date will be Aug. 2, 2016.

This means if you are not upgraded by then you will not get the Anniversary Upgrade.

The biggest favor those that do not want to upgrade can do for themselves in order to ensure your upgrade remains free is to, well ......... upgrade, activate the product then roll back to your previous OS, this will ensure whether you upgrade tomorrow or five years from now, provided you do it on the same system, it will ensure your upgrade will remain free. By not doing so and not upgrading by July 29, you will have to PAY for Windows 10, even if it's one hour after the deadline. I am sure the pricing for Windows 10 will be the same as in previous years $99 - $199 (U.S.)

So do yourself the favor ........ UPGRADE while you still have the chance, no matter how much you think you dislike or hate it, UPGRADE. Reason is love it or hate it, sooner or later you WILL be using it because 10 is it, there is NO OTHER OS after it and like XP, Windows 7's life span is limited.

UPDATE:
    Pricing for Windows 10 has now been confirmed after July 29, 2016 the cost(s) for Windows 10 will be as follows ........

Windows 10 Home - $119
    Windows 10 Pro - $199
    Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro Pack - $99

Source: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/window...xpiration-date

Prices are in U.S. dollars, those outside the U.S. will have to use conversions to their countries monetary system.

I have written a similar post over at MSFN, the reason I stress the free upgrade even if you dislike Windows 10 is because when it comes time that you HAVE TO upgrade, and you WILL, but you didn't, I really don't want to have to say I told you so.

FYI, If your not upgrading because of security concerns, let me break it to you, Windows 10 is no less secure than Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1. IF you think you have been running any of those OS's without telemetry all these years, think again. The ONLY difference between Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 and Windows 10 is that the telemetry has been brought to the forefront and can now be dealt with by the end user. Windows 10 is just as secure if not more secure than any of those OS's, Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 is probably more secure than any third party browser available these days, so if that was the excuse that was making you hinge on the upgrade ...... don't. Set it up correctly, disable the telemetry settings correctly and Windows 10 is better or just as safe as it's predecessors.

As of this posting you have 1 month 10 hours and 45 minutes (EST) to decide what you are going to do.
    Last edited by Dark Knight; June 30th, 2016 at 12:41 PM.

https://darkknight2264.deviantart.com/

I believe in karma which means I can say all the bad things I want to you and just assume that you deserve it.

Banned

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    451 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Dark Knight great post, spot on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information