hey guys and gals

ive tested every version available since windows 10 came out in a virtual machine to make sure that i like what im testing before actually using it and i am yet to get the themes to work (the way they do in windows 7) ive had freezing, black screens, white screens, half white bright and half niothing and mostly a terrible experience).. my main reason fo rnot moving to crapy 10 aka win10.

is there any program available that will enable me to customize without manually editing files (taking ownership, renaming and copying etc) like in win7?

ive even tested the latest anneversary ed and still nothing works and before you say i have to use the version of theme with the version released dont worry i have definately done that using the express info from here..

I am at a loss although still veeeery much enjoying win7 in all its red jarvis glory

any info would be greatly appreciated, please excuse any spelling mistakes i havent slept for the last 36 hours and my keyboard is misbehaving and keys are jumping around my keyboard.