Threaded View

VC Ambassador

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    280 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimbi View Post
    Ya, I've seen a fair few posts about Bit Defender. Sadly, I can't afford to pay for it once the free trial ends. That's actually why I can't stand McAfee, Norton, and pretty much all security services that make you pay to use them Having to pay for internet security is total bs imo. Internet security is by far the most important thing for anyone who uses a computer. To charge for it is total bs. I stick solely to free ones for that reason and because I simply can't afford any more subscriptions. Practically every penny of the checks we get out here each month gets spent on bills and what little food we can get with the remainder. We literally live on less than minimal wage from my grandma's job and my tiny friggin' ssi checks. We have practically no money left to pay for anything once we finish paying the bills and getting our first week of food. After that we have to scrounge up whatever we can to keep ourselves fed for the rest of the month. So paying for internet security is literally not an option for me.
    Don't believe all the hype dude, you don't have to pay for antivirus or internet security suites in order to stay safe, Defender, Sophos Free, Avira Free, 360 antivirus and the list goes on, are all very good free antivirus solutions. People that pay for antivirus just believe the hype that in order to stay truly protected they must pay for it.....wrong. Personally I haven't paid for antivirus or an antivirus suite in well over 10 years and the closest I have ever come to being infected with anything was about 5 years ago and that was by a drive-by, out of my own stupidity I was somewhere where I did not belong and clicked on something that I really should not have, knowing full well at the time I should not be clicking on it. I have not even come close to being infected with anything since.

The moral of the story? the best antivirus going is you and your common sense. Don't go fooling around where you don't belong in places that you don't understand or know you could get something and you'll be just fine with a free solution, my antivirus solution is made up of Windows Defender (Free) , Malwarebytes (Free), Winpatrol (purchased for $2 on a special) Malwarebytes Anti Exploit Free (Free), Win Antiransom Plus+ (purchased cheap on a special introductory offer).
    While I can afford to pay for a full fledged overpriced piece of software like Bitdefender, which is good, don't get me wrong, but there really isn't any need to. I am truly sorry for your situation but if you do your homework you will see that I am right.
    Last edited by 2635599; August 15th, 2016 at 03:48 PM. Reason: unnecessary comments removed

https://darkknight2264.deviantart.com/

I believe in karma which means I can say all the bad things I want to you and just assume that you deserve it.

Thread Information