Quote Originally Posted by Quasimodo View Post
i have been having some issues with lag in a 3d virtual reality type game, at this time i am running a amd fx 6 core processor
with 8 gigs of ram and a ati hd 7750 graphics card. i am not sure if i need more ram or a new video card.
is there anyone with lots of computer building skills and gaming experience that can telll me if the invidia cards work
better for gaming then the ati/amd cards do? my machine is about 4 yrs old and i never used to have any problems with
lag at all but with driver updates and updates to the virtual world the lag can be incredible at times. when i log into the
game viewer it automatically sets my settings to ultra so the card i have far excedes the requirements of the game

at this point i am not sure what would be the best way to go. would i be better off jumping up to 16 gigs of ram or switching from
the ati/amd card to an invidia card. does anyone have any ideas about which would be the better way to go?

any help anyone can give me would be truely appreciated

Quasi
I'll tell you a simple way):
if u want to play>>> buy AMD, if u want to work with video editing or similar >>> buy Nvidia.

The VR is more compatible with DirectX 12 and the card you have (7750) works with DirectX 11, starting from the series R7, R9, RX ...
They go well with Directx12.

not only u need to change video card, also the processor that u use (because it limits the FPS)