Also included is a special edited version
    The Rainmeter skin shown here will be released shortly,
    I'm just have to clean up the code a little

You will need Old New Explorer and Start is Back

I'm currently using System Transparency for transparency
    all the usual things apply to get this theme up and running

but for those who are unsure what is needed look here
    http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread...0-Redstone-One

This theme is for Windows 10 Version 1607(Anniversary Update\Redstone-One)

the red theme.zip
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Elite

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    755 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2635599 View Post
    what all do you have installed to get custom themes up and running?
    UltraUXThemePatcher,AeroGlass 1.5.1(I think) and OldNewExplorer.Then to get things looking the way I like I also have BlackGlassEnhanced,MooO Transparent Menu,MacType and
    StartIsBack(the beta with taskbar button support).Other than that Rainmeter and my 7tsp icon pack.I think that's it,no regedit's or anything,just a Group policy edit to get rid of unwanted Control Panel items

VC Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Hi all , I tried gsw953 red theme to see if I had issues running windows 10 x64 build 14393.726 ( I confirm it is current branch as I 'm running it since it was released but not appearing on techbench .

This is special edition ( awesome theme btw ! I didn't know there was a background picture and everything runs fine despite I had quite difficulties setting the taskbar skinning because I usually run classic shell menu and not startisback++

@2635599 if it helps

System files here are patched using UxStyle_0242_x86_x64_preview - OldNEwExplorer 1.18.2 - Startisback beta 2.1 beside classic shell menu 4.3.0 - aeroglass 1.5.1 ( not using last release 1.5.2 which seems buggy )

I took a screen with settings in startisback I used to have that particular taskbar skinning . I had to enable custom taskbar skin in classic shell menu and set it to transparent otherwise I had a full plain taskbar ( was a pain to figure out how to manage that but my fault as I was too lazy to uninstall classic shell menu and see how things were working but I plan to test it without classic shell )

Edit : I usually set my taskbar on top and doesn't skin but at bottom all is fine ( just tested )

I just found picture was missing for top location just had to import to fix it

OMG Greg even the scrollbar buttons when collapse taskbar looks great whatever background ! your theme is insane btw would you know a way to set a custom pic ? ^^

Last edited by innuendo; 02-13-2017 at 09:57 AM.

Banned

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    451 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by gsw953 View Post
    UltraUXThemePatcher,AeroGlass 1.5.1(I think) and OldNewExplorer.Then to get things looking the way I like I also have BlackGlassEnhanced,MooO Transparent Menu,MacType and
    StartIsBack(the beta with taskbar button support).Other than that Rainmeter and my 7tsp icon pack.I think that's it,no regedit's or anything,just a Group policy edit to get rid of unwanted Control Panel items
    so i don't have ultrathemepatcher or aeroglass installed nor blackgladdenhanced enabled, but these and the blue theme should work without these. as for regedit tweaks nothing to do with themes other than the personalization context menu one in dhjohns aio. also i use group policy to remove items from control panel, and your icon pack. might try shems asus themes to see what i get.

Elite

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    755 Thread(s)

so i don't have ultrathemepatcher or aeroglass installed nor blackgladdenhanced enabled, but these and the blue theme should work without these. as for regedit tweaks nothing to do with themes other than the personalization context menu one in dhjohns aio. also i use group policy to remove items from control panel, and your icon pack. might try shems asus themes to see what i get.
    They should,there is nothing special about them

Banned

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    451 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by gsw953 View Post
    They should,there is nothing special about them
    mystery solved. i thought before i tested with shem's asus themes i'd check the dll's you suggested and found for some reason even though i used CTRL A to select all in your folder after extracting your themes when i copied and pasted it for some reason only the .theme files were copied to the themes folder and not the folders for your themes. as you can see working perfectly now. i guess that's what i get for assuming everything did copy correctly. thanks to you and dhjohns for helping. without your help i probably wouldn't of noticed the folder never copied over, so thank you both VERY MUCH.

Pro Designer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Sex:
    mystery solved. i thought before i tested with shem's asus themes i'd check the dll's you suggested and found for some reason even though i used CTRL A to select all in your folder after extracting your themes when i copied and pasted it for some reason only the .theme files were copied to the themes folder and not the folders for your themes. as you can see working perfectly now. i guess that's what i get for assuming everything did copy correctly. thanks to you and dhjohns for helping. without your help i probably wouldn't of noticed the folder never copied over, so thank you both VERY MUCH.
    That has happened to me before, where everything did not get copied. Sometimes I have noticed that the dialogue box which says I need permission to copy pops up BEHIND all my open windows, e.g. browsers, file explorer, and everything does not get copied. A real PITA. Is there some way to ensure these permission requests always pop up in front of everything?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information