739 Thread(s)

Sex:

Star Windows 10 Black Edition for Windows 10 Creators Update

Windows 10 Black Edition for Windows 10 Creators Update

RGB Color Colection
    18 Styles to chose from

Enjoy!!

For Creators Update only!!

You will need to use OldNewExplorer (highly recommended), SiB and Aero Glass are also recommended but the theme looks great without them.

Tools you may need:

Uxstyle, Theme Signature Bypass and UltraUxThemePatcher
    UxTheme service hook - Visual Theme Signature Bypass

ONE (OldNewExplorer)

OldNewExplorer is the Windows 10 (and Windows 8.1, and 8) shell extension / tweaker which can undo "improvements" to file browsing made in newer Windows versions. Everything is optional for your liking.
    For best results, use these settings:

StartIsBack++ for Windows 10

What's hot about StartIsBack on Windows 10 now?
    Full taskbar skinning!
    Ability to reduce resource usage by disabling newer Start menu and Cortana processes from prelaunching
    Ability to use adequately sized (32x32) large icons and larger start menu button on taskbar
    Modern blur, drop shadow and immersive context menus for start menu

Aero Glass for Win8.1+
    Experience native look of Aero Glass interface on Windows 8.x+
    This utility returns the complete glass effect into windows frames.
    Fully native including MSStyle themes and DWM API compatibility

Winaero Tweaker
    Winaero Tweaker is an all-in-one application which will include most options available in the free Winaero apps and extend it as much as possible. It is a universal tweaker software which supports Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.

Recommended Prior to Applying Custom Themes
    Create a Restore Point
    Install Fonts included in the "Extras" folder
    Apply System Metrics included in the "Extras" folder and logout or reboot
    Install an iPack of your choice to change the system icons (check the Theme Extras section above for a link to the icons in the preview)!
    Select the Theme's Start Menu and Taskbar in the StartIsBack++ configuration. If it's not a visible option to select the theme's start menu, apply your custom theme first!
    Copy a Start Orb from the "Theme" folder to a new location, rename it, then open the StartIsBack++ configuration, click Add... select the Start Orb and click Apply.

I take no responsibility for anyone that bricks their system, use custom themes at your own risk!!
    Attached Files

Please do not PM me to ask for support - please use the relevant thread or forum.
    Please Post in English or at least include English Translations
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Pro Designer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Sex:
    You may be trying to switch it in Settings. That does not work. Change is in \Windows\Resources\Themes or apply these commands, and right click on your desktop to open personalization.
    Reg.exe add "HKCR\DesktopBackground\Shell\Personalization" /v "Icon" /t REG_SZ /d "ADD YOUR FAVORITE ICON PATH HERE" /f
    Reg.exe add "HKCR\DesktopBackground\Shell\Personalization" /v "MUIVerb" /t REG_SZ /d "Theme Settings" /f
    Reg.exe add "HKCR\DesktopBackground\Shell\Personalization" /v "Position" /t REG_SZ /d "Bottom" /f
    Reg.exe add "HKCR\DesktopBackground\Shell\Personalization\command" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "explorer shell:::{ED834ED6-4B5A-4bfe-8F11-A626DCB6A921}" /f

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Thanks a lot! Now it works. Btw i suggest to leave these guide a bit above. I hope my dark theme will last a bit longer than the previous one on 1709 Idk why but after some restarts it broke :C. Anyway I think now i followed right steps. Thanks again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Has anyone tried this for windows 10 1803? i had to take it off to update windows because it kept resetting on login screen and wouldn't login. really loved this theme though. Please let me know if anyone has tried it. thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by daddydale View Post
    Has anyone tried this for windows 10 1803? i had to take it off to update windows because it kept resetting on login screen and wouldn't login. really loved this theme though. Please let me know if anyone has tried it. thanks.
    Yes it does work. My system got the 1803 update about 3 days ago. I only had to reinstall the UltraUXThemePatcher_3.4.1 ​to make it work again.

Pro Designer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Sex:
    This is UltraUXTheme patch for Windows 10 1803 for RS4 Manual App. Just download this, http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread...oonnique%C2%AE then open and Take Ownership of each of the 3 .dll files Individually locate the same file in Windows/System 32 Take Ownership of the file and rename them to .old Example [uxinit.dll should be changed touxinit.old]for backup. once you have replaced and re named the 3 files reboot and Enjoy. Cheerz

Last edited by Donkuz; 1 Week Ago at 04:06 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Thanks a bunch for the 2 previous posters for helping me. Also, thanks again Mr. Grimm for keeping this theme updated with all the windows updates it is by far my favorite. Easy on the eyes and not too much going on..just love it. Anyways soo this is what how i used to have it looking on 1607 or 1611(too many numbers i dont remember exactly what version it was).

Anyways this is how it looked before: (please ignore the Red circles I used an old image describing a prior issue I was having)

Now it has a totally black background on explorer windows and it's not a huge issue, but im trying to figure out if that is what it is supposed to be or if I installed something incorrectly.

If there is an easy way to change/fix this then please let me know as i prefer the dark grey explorer windows.

EDIT:
    I also noticed this in my control panel. very distracting I'm starting to think I've done something wrong.

Last edited by daddydale; 6 Days Ago at 10:46 PM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information