Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Massive system slowdown issue on RS2 with custom themes Share

Elite

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    353 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Well I don't have problems with slowing down my PC, it's fine as on Windows 7 default theme.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    51 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Thanks for all the tips and advice everyone, I'm definitely going to try these out. As for bitdefender, after removing all of my customs i swapped entirely over to Windows Defender since I do remember that one making downloads a fair bit slower once before. I did leave the malware remover tool disabled as I have always found that to be a pain in the arse for auto deleting stuff [i rather use something that would at the very least stick solely to quarantining so i can see what it was and determine for myself if it actually was what it was detected as. in a lot of cases those are false positives].

I will definitely try the UxThemeSignatureBypass tool instead of patching if that still works on RS2. The only reason I didn't before was because i thought it used similar methods s the UxTSB.dll just without the registry. So I didn't think it would work, . However if it does than that may be a lot better for me. I still have OldNewExplorer and that seems to be running without problems [I reinstalled it for a basic windows styled theme I made and shared on DA. was a tad too NSFW for VC and didn't use custom .msstyles anyways, ].

And for AeroGlass, if it causes slow downs after I reinstall than I will simply abandon it all together , but if it doesn't I will give it a leap of faith until it does, . I was already planning on using that anyway in the end since it can be used to make basic windows themes better without patching the system files.

But yeah I'll give all the tips and advice here a go and see how things run. I'm also going to post a help request for a theme I asked Devillnside to port as well because it turns out it might be a xp of vista theme so i'm heading off to the proper thread for that real quick.

I'll keep this topic open in case I come across the problem again or in case anyone else does. Might be useful for others if they do.

“A book is a mirror; if an ass peers into it, you can't expect an apostle to peer out.” ― E.M. Forster

For those interested, feel free to visit my DeviantArt page http://darkwater409.deviantart.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    51 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Ok welp, so much for that. I'm getting tired of all the problems since RS2 came out. Just had to run a factory reset, and it's starting to peeve me off every time this happens. I'm taking a break from modding my system. I'll stay on here but until I get that custom computer no more modding because that one will have linux and that's the only thing I'm willing to theme now.

I'll continue with rainmeter, classic shell, possibly old new explorer since it never had problems but no more custom .msstyle theming for me.

I'll keep windows on my laptop because I still have too much that is only available on Windows and can't be run via wine on linux. But Once that custom computer comes in it's gonna have linux on it and all major customization will be on it.

I'm simply tired of the bs that is Windows when it comes to customizing.

“A book is a mirror; if an ass peers into it, you can't expect an apostle to peer out.” ― E.M. Forster

For those interested, feel free to visit my DeviantArt page http://darkwater409.deviantart.com/

Administrator

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    724 Thread(s)

Sex:
    I have never had any problems or slow downs using custom themes on an any OS but I also keep my system up to date with fairly high specs, like a 1TB 850 EVO SSD, 32GB of DDR4 and a i7 7700K, I would highly recommend increasing the amount of memory and investing in an SSD, my system is using 10Gb of memory with just my Browser open, Windows may run with 4GB of RAM but not without a lot of paging files, this means your HDD will be at 100% utilisation allot of the time and even though your CPU may be almost idle you will still get a very slow system.

Here are some other reasons you may have a slow system https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge...on-windows-10/
    Last edited by Mr GRiM; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:48 PM.

Please do not PM me to ask for support - please use the relevant thread or forum.
    Please Post in English or at least include English Translations

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information