Hybrid View

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    61 Thread(s)

Sex:

Custom Build (Updated)

Hello,

Couldn't find my previous page on the custom build I'm working on so made a new one, . I'm likely going to get this one sooner rather than later, . Depending on 'prices' dad said he's going to try to get this but we're going to look at a computer shop first to see if they have anything better at a better price. Here's my updated build. Prices changed and some were Amazon Prime deals [I don't have Amazon Prime], so I swapped em out. Going for ethernet to lower the price and I'll likely move my router into my room to lessen the cord length requirement.

Here's the updated build, :

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Nimbi/saved/t3GK8d

Ideas are always welcome. I removed the O.S. [again, ] because I have a digital license on my MS account of which I can use to activate Windows with through my current USB installer.

I 'would' use one of the custom ones from TeamOS but I've tried making USB installers of theirs and I can't make a working one due to the way they package them [I'm simply not skilled enough and even rufus friggin failed, so I'm tired of trying, ].

But it's more likely I'll get this one since prebuilt will make it more expensive to maintain in the long run. We'll still have to see what deals the computer shop has first, though. But yeah, ideas and input are welcome, I can't go any higher in price otherwise I'll be fucked six ways from sundown, . I'll be using my Smart TV as the monitor [I hope this thing supports HDMI, ]. I removed the wifi card due to 'prices', . For now this seems to fit my requirements. The DVD drive is required for me, but I don't know if it will actually fit the case [it doesn't raise any compatibility flags so 'maybe', ].

But, yeah, what do you guys think?

'The world is but a canvas to our imagination" - Henry David Thoreau

Banned

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    451 Thread(s)

Sex:
    NO on the msi mobo. i and PLENTY of others had MAJOR issues with amd fx and msi mobo's. you can get an external usb 3.0 2tb for a dollar or two cheaper than the internal. i would do at least a 650 watt psu. look at apevia on newegg.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    61 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2635599 View Post
    NO on the msi mobo. i and PLENTY of others had MAJOR issues with amd fx and msi mobo's. you can get an external usb 3.0 2tb for a dollar or two cheaper than the internal. i would do at least a 650 watt psu. look at apevia on newegg.

hmmm, that's strange. I went for it because my sister uses one alongside that GFX and had no problems but I can look into different setup. Personally I'd prefer NVIDIA but there's no NVIDIA on PC Parts Picker for some odd reason.

Also when it comes to HDD, I prefer internal over external. I find it to be less of a hassle, .

---EDIT---

bah! only ones available are AMD FX series everything else is sold out. And for the mobo, this appears to be the best one compatible at the price range I'm needing, . I'll just have to see if I get lucky with it apparently, . Highest watt psu in the entire list is 250 but that costs over $200 so that one ain't gonna happen .
    Last edited by Nimbi; October 11th, 2017 at 04:29 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    61 Thread(s)

Sex:
    I do have one question though. I can't tell if this build has sound support or if I'm going to need to add a sound card. Anyone want to take a look at it and let me know?

Banned

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    451 Thread(s)

Sex:
    um i lnow better on the apevia. 650 should be no more that 70, and 650 isn't the highest apevia goes

Banned

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    451 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimbi View Post
    I do have one question though. I can't tell if this build has sound support or if I'm going to need to add a sound card. Anyone want to take a look at it and let me know?
    i'm sorry but google is your friend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information